Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    You need to determine whether you have the STH or the STH2. They changed the mount pattern for the STH2.

If your binding looks like this, [URL="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=86257&d=1291017595"]then use this
    pattern.

Ok so the STH 10 & 12 look like the top photo

If your binding looks like this, you have the STH2 and need a different pattern, which hasn't been confirmed here yet. (But a few people have posted versions on this page.)
    Ok so the STH 10 & 12 look like the top photo for the heel piece and the hole pattern matches up with the template. What has me confused is the toe of both the 10 & 12 has two mounting screws nearest the boot end of the binding and one screw on a removable clip that slides in at the far or tip end of the minding. I have no ideal how this gets installed. Help!!

The templates in here work for me. Thanks

Order some new inserts, and I am very impressed with the improvements in quality. Machining and finish seems much nicer and more precise. They also appear clean, thinking SVST must be doing that too. Definitely a move in the positive direction, all inserts had perfect threads inside and out too.

Pic, newer insert on left compared to a "good" older insert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1414710626718.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	159686  

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Ok so the STH 10 & 12 look like the top photo for the heel piece and the hole pattern matches up with the template. What has me confused is the toe of both the 10 & 12 has two mounting screws nearest the boot end of the binding and one screw on a removable clip that slides in at the far or tip end of the minding. I have no ideal how this gets installed. Help!!
    You have the Z-series toe. It indeed has three screws. (That means don't drill all the holes on the template, only drill the ones you need.) Read the manual for installation instructions, or pay a ski shop to do it right.

You have the Z-series toe. It indeed has three screws. (That means don't drill all the holes on the template, only drill the ones you need.) Read the manual for installation instructions, or pay a ski shop to do it right.
    Yea, I figured it out, the front single screw gets screwed into the base and then the binding slides on, then the rear two screws go in. There is a hole shown on the template for the single front screw and also two others if you have the other toe piece. Got it and installed them last night.

If you need a paper template for the Salomon / Atomic STH2 binding I found this after an hour of looking. Printed 2 copies out (toe and heel) and it looks money.
    Edit: Went to mount my Atomic sths bindings and noticed the 2 front holes of the toes piece on this template are to narrow by about .125 (an eighth of an inch) on each side. The other holes were perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    Driver toe is correct, guardian heel not.

Use this one, if you fancy: http://www.powderguide.com/community...nhang1105.html
    (not verified for Warden)
    Last edited by liv2ski; 01-01-2015 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Heads up on something I discovered this weekend. While mounting two pair of Salomon STH bindings the heel was not lining up and it turns out my printer turned the paper ever so slightly. As a result the gauge on the edge of the page looked fine but the holes did not line up on the center line of the ski properly. I always use a caliper gauge so after marking everything I double checked to be sure all distances were equal left and right, they were not. Easy fix but something to keep an eye out for.

Mounting my look xm13 binding, I am going to make my own template on Plexiglas, but a guardian/tracker template should be just fine right ?

Quote Originally Posted by montmlj View Post
    Mounting my look xm13 binding, I am going to make my own template on Plexiglas, but a guardian/tracker template should be just fine right ?
    Yup. Same binding, different paint. Make sure you differentiate between size SM and LG

Anyone know if the screw pattern of Salomon junior bindings (either the L7 or the C5) matches any of the adult Salomon binding screw patterns?

I've got a jigarex with z/sth and sth2 plates and have used paper templates many times. Would prefer not to freehand without some sort of template.
    Would measure but don't have binding in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by dcpnz View Post
    Anyone know if the screw pattern of Salomon junior bindings (either the L7 or the C5) matches any of the adult Salomon binding screw patterns?

I've got a jigarex with z/sth and sth2 plates and have used paper templates many times. Would prefer not to freehand without some sort of template.
    Would measure but don't have binding in hand.
    Salomon Junior bindings have a different pattern. But the L7 might actually be considered an adult binding. Hold it up to your jigarex. Do the screws line up with the holes? This isn't that hard, homie.

Salomon Junior bindings have a different pattern. But the L7 might actually be considered an adult binding. Hold it up to your jigarex. Do the screws line up with the holes? This isn't that hard, homie.

Agree, would not be hard to compare binding and jig. Comparing internet picture and jig however is very difficult. Since I haven't yet purchased the binding I was hoping a shop rat might know for sure.
    Thanks though.

Any way to determine interference of STH2 and STH of 2 different BSL? Other than printing out both templates, I swear there was a database but I am blanking.

G3 ION Binding Mount Template

Here is a preliminary G3 ION Template. It needs confirmation by others. I'm not clear yet as to how best to measure the heel adjustment area which may influence how one might need to put the heel in a different location relative to BSC and toe. Be sure to measure the horizontal length of your Boot Sole and not to assume that the stamp on a boot is accurate. I found a 5mm discrepancy on mine.

Another possible variable is the distance from toe of boot to pin line.

Last edited by Alpinord; 11-22-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Duke/Baron/Tour EPF template has the same hole pattern as the paper template that comes with the binding, so it could probably say verified.

Hey all.

My little shredder has Tyrolia SL45 bindings on her skis. I'm looking to mount them on her new skis but can't seem to find the right template for these junior bindings. The Tyrolia template on the first post is different. Any chance someone has a paper template I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fish

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    Here is a preliminary G3 ION Template. It needs confirmation by others. I'm not clear yet as to how best to measure the heel adjustment area which may influence how one might need to put the heel in a different location relative to BSC and toe. Be sure to measure the horizontal length of your Boot Sole and not to assume that the stamp on a boot is accurate. I found a 5mm discrepancy on mine.

Another possible variable is the distance from toe of boot to pin line.

Template worked perfectly with BSL marks on my Salomon Quest boots. Thanks, much better than the Wild Snow template.

I did find out the the hole width lines up with Salomon STH bindings. I was able to re-use two holes for the toe and it lined up perfectly with the boot center mark and template. No issues with hole overlap from the STH heel.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    If you need a paper template for the Salomon / Atomic STH2 binding I found this after an hour of looking. Printed 2 copies out (toe and heel) and it looks money.
    Any chance you saved the PDF? The link is dead, and I don't speak German so finding it again on that site is proving to be a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by scott.jns View Post
    I know I don't have much street cred around here, but I took it upon myself to make an STH2 template the last few days. I did a couple test mounts on some 4x's, then put them on a brand spanking new pair of Opus, so yes, I trust it that much. It worked flawlessly for a 315 bsl. Someone who has more experience with this can figure out how to modify the bsl dimensions, and i also have a .dwg file if anyone wants.

I would STRONGLY encourage you to do a practice mount before putting your skis' life in my hands. And if anyone finds anything wrong with the template, PLEASE let me know and I'll modify or remove. Cheers!

Attachment 153015
    Hey man thanks for posting this. Worked with some mods for the STH2. The screw holes are all pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. The centerline at 315 I'm not so sure about though and DO NOT count on the rear hole position being correct even if you are at a 315 BSL. 2x4 practice mount first.

In order to make this work on my home printer I found a big sheet of paper (11x17) and printed the toe holes back to boot centerline in Adobe. The rear heal plate holes don't fit on the sheet so you have to change the view in Adobe and print the rear of template separately. Make sure to turn off scaling or unclick the fit to page button as with all templates. Tape them together. My stepsons boot is a 290 BSL and I ended up about 6mm ahead of the centerline printed on the template. I dialed the distance from front holes to heal holes with a quick five minute mount on a 2x4 and the boot and an extra piece of paper with a centerline printed on it as the space adjuster. That put me towards the front of the heal adjustment range so they will hopefully fit when he gets a new bigger shell for his ever growing feet.

Anyway, happy kid, happy dad, happy wife, happy life!
    Last edited by uglymoney; 12-14-2014 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGortex View Post
    Any chance you saved the PDF? The link is dead, and I don't speak German so finding it again on that site is proving to be a bitch.
    From the Jigarex thread....he reposted the link on 12-15-14. The STH2 template looks good but I haven't used it. Downloaded to docs though! Thanks Knut.

http://www.powderguide.com/community...montieren.html

Thanks! Got it saved now.

I ended up mounting using measurements instead of a paper template. It worked, but it was way more stressful than it needed to be. I'm definitely happy to have a template for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnyc22 View Post
    Hey all.

My little shredder has Tyrolia SL45 bindings on her skis. I'm looking to mount them on her new skis but can't seem to find the right template for these junior bindings. The Tyrolia template on the first post is different. Any chance someone has a paper template I can use? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Fish
    Me too. I assume SX 4.5 is the same. And another one for small literail.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Hey man thanks for posting this. Worked with some mods for the STH2. The screw holes are all pretty much perfect as far as I can tell. The centerline at 315 I'm not so sure about though and DO NOT count on the rear hole position being correct even if you are at a 315 BSL. 2x4 practice mount first.
    [....]
    My stepsons boot is a 290 BSL and I ended up about 6mm ahead of the centerline printed on the template. I dialed the distance from front holes to heal holes with a quick five minute mount on a 2x4 and the boot and an extra piece of paper with a centerline printed on it as the space adjuster. That put me towards the front of the heal adjustment range so they will hopefully fit when he gets a new bigger shell for his ever growing feet.
    My apologies for your inconvenience!
    But I have to admit that your troubles with boot centre being inaccurate puzzles me, as the STH2 driver toe is basically identical with the old sally driver toe and thus the pin line position shouldn't have changed.
    Plus that the template was compared to a factory jig and seemed to be correct. And two people told me already that they used my template and it proved to be correct. I don't know their BSL, though.
    Are you positive that this didn't arise due to a scaling issue when printing? A slight mis-scaling wouldn't necessarily be noted in regards of hole distance but would surely influence overall length substantially and BSL as well as distance from front to rear would be affected.
    If it isn't a scaling issue, it should be 6mm deviation regardless which BSL is used.
    Anyway, I will look into it. If anyone experiences troubles, please contact me. PM's normally grant quick response times.

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    In order to make this work on my home printer I found a big sheet of paper (11x17) and printed the toe holes back to boot centerline in Adobe. The rear heal plate holes don't fit on the sheet so you have to change the view in Adobe and print the rear of template separately. Make sure to turn off scaling or unclick the fit to page button as with all templates. Tape them together.
    Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. All templates are optimised for DIN A4 paper size. My recommendation would be to go metric, but I know that'd be quite bold of me
    I'll keep it in mind when designing future templates.

Quote Originally Posted by Knut View Post
    My apologies for your inconvenience!
    But I have to admit that your troubles with boot centre being inaccurate puzzles me, as the STH2 driver toe is basically identical with the old sally driver toe and thus the pin line position shouldn't have changed.
    Plus that the template was compared to a factory jig and seemed to be correct. And two people told me already that they used my template and it proved to be correct. I don't know their BSL, though.
    Are you positive that this didn't arise due to a scaling issue when printing? A slight mis-scaling wouldn't necessarily be noted in regards of hole distance but would surely influence overall length substantially and BSL as well as distance from front to rear would be affected.
    If it isn't a scaling issue, it should be 6mm deviation regardless which BSL is used.
    Anyway, I will look into it. If anyone experiences troubles, please contact me. PM's normally grant quick response times.

Again, my apologies for the inconvenience. All templates are optimised for DIN A4 paper size. My recommendation would be to go metric, but I know that'd be quite bold of me
    I'll keep it in mind when designing future templates.
    I didn't use your template Knut. I couldn't find it at the time. I have it now...I am assuming it is perfect.

Blimey, how could I get it that wrong???
    You clearly cited it....
    My bad.

Then another apology seems in order. Even though three apologies in a row from me are a damn rare thing.

Maybe it's time for bed, then....

Btw.: If someone wants to use my templates as a reference for their own, please go ahead. Use it, spread it, do whatever you like.
    This stupid watermark is just there so that people can't put the collection on their own website and claim the file to be their own without doing anything to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge. View Post
    Any way to determine interference of STH2 and STH of 2 different BSL? Other than printing out both templates, I swear there was a database but I am blanking.
    The STH2 isn't yet included in my BSL comparison PDF, unfortunately. Maybe I should update it somewhen....

But I did a quick overlay. They're pretty conflicting on identical BSL (red is the STH2). But as they both have a rather wider range of adjustment for the heel piece and you are looking for differing BSLs, it might work out all right. Depends on how much the BSLs differ. And in which direction.
    If the STH2 is for a bigger BSL, it might well work. The other way around is more tricky.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unbenannt-1.jpg 
Views:	4586 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	161898

EDIT: The toe is identical, though (at least for the driver toes, if the old STH has a 3-screw toe, it's identical only for the two screws in the rear). That will mean that you can either leave it where it is and live with a small change in mid sole position, or go a solid step of at least 1.5cm in either direction.