Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    thought it was solid, overall. there was a lot of material to cover.

to me, the Mars clock was something "non-human" that Dr. Manhattan could create that was perfect in its complexity and wouldn't disappoint him, like humanity. And yes, it was a giant clock gear thing, like he worked with as a kid.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    to me, the Mars clock was something "non-human" that Dr. Manhattan could create that was perfect in its complexity and wouldn't disappoint him, like humanity. And yes, it was a giant clock gear thing, like he worked with as a kid.
    Except it fell to pieces when that chick banged her head on it. Some metaphor there or just shitty craftsmanship?

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Except it fell to pieces when that chick banged her head on it. Some metaphor there or just shitty craftsmanship?
    She caused his perfectly predictable world to come crashing down. Was a metaphor for what happened to his fatalistic view of humanity when she accepted the fact that the Comedian was her father.
    it's all young and fun and skiing and then one day you login and it's relationship advice, gomer glacier tours and geezers.

-Hugh Conway

I heard it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    She caused his perfectly predictable world to come crashing down. Was a metaphor for what happened to his fatalistic view of humanity when she accepted the fact that the Comedian was her father.
    Yeah. Waaaaaay too many themes. By the time we find out about the Comedian being her father, I didn't give a shit anymore. Yeah, she was hot, but her character and the Clark Kent dude really did nothing for the plot. IMHO, it would have been better with just Rorschach, Manhattan, and Ozymandias. Rorschach was the only character I cared about. How Kelly Leak pulled that off still boggles me - dude was great.

The acting was a little wooden from everyone, especially "Silk Spectre." The opening sequence was fuckin' AMAZING. The cultural references and flow were fantastic. The best part of the movie, by far, was prior to the credits.

I agree that Rorschach stole the show acting-wise. Jackie Earle Haley was great, and the line "I'm not trapped in here with you, you're trapped in here with ME!" was delivered perfectly. He seemed destined for something after playing Kelly Leak in the Bad News Bears movies, but then had a lot of uninspiring roles. He's got some good stuff, and it's good to see him kicking ass.

Oh, and if you're a homo-phobe, don't see the movie. It could be called "The Big Blue Penis."

I don't really understand why the cock needed to be shown so much. It's like they wanted to be edgy. If it had been a woman I would have the same reaction (after the intitial: sweet! boobs!). It's relevant in a sex scene.

After a few scenes it just kind of gets over the top and distracting. Great we get it, you can manipulate matter, now manipulate yourself some pants.

Overall I didn't enjoy it. Way to long. No clue what was going on. Spent most of the movie thinking 'wtf is this about?" And then when the "master" plan was revealed in the last 20 minutes of the movie I was incredibly let down.

Rorschach is the only character even remotely interesting.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Patton Oswalt is hitting on all cylinders with his review:

“You’re all going to go see it, you resentful nerd mafiosi. And you’ll walk in rolling your eyes and you’ll walk out whistling sadly through your teeth because the fuel of the Nerd Mafia is disappointment and exclusion.

Tell you what — before you go and see THE WATCHMEN, plunk down and watch CATWOMAN, GHOST RIDER and DAREDEVIL. And use those seven hours (and don’t pretend like you don’t have seven free hours in your day) to get out all of your disgust and the-world-owes-me-my-daydreams-made-real attitude you strut around with.

Because Zack Snyder STEPPED UP, motherf–kers. THE WATCHMEN was going to get made, one way or another. And instead of bleating on his Facebook status updates or Tweeting about how sh–ty the upcoming adaptation’s going to be, he TOOK THE BULLET and tried to do it right. Yes, THE WATCHMEN should be a limited series on HBO and blah blah blah IT WAS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN THAT WAY. Zack delivered a 2 1/2 hour, honest attempt, and broke his ass cranking out tons of free extras. Hell, he even animated The Tales of The Black Freighter for you chumps. Plus, he gave you a kick-ass DAWN OF THE DEAD remake, plus 300, plus whatever else he’s got coming down the pike. He’s the best friend the Nerd Mafia’s had since Joss Whedon and Brian Michael Bendis, so everyone please crack the tab on a frosty can of Go F–k Yourself and go see the movie version of THE WATCHMEN.”

Saw it earlier this week; never read the comics, was a little lost with the story and character history at times, but immensely enjoyed it as a visual experience. Some incredible shots and scenes. And I echo others: way too much blue cock.
    "A local is just a dirtbag who can't get his shit together enough to travel."

- Owl Chapman