TR: Island Lake Lodge

My mom broker her achilles tendon, so I was lucky enough to take her spot snowcat skiing at island lake lodge. The snow has not been to great this season, but just before we got there it snowed and we had a great day skiing at Fernie, which is an amazing resort, even though the lifts are oldschool, and not set up very well on one side of the mountain (you have to take a t-bar and 2 lifts to get to the top again). We were only there for a day, and it was snowing, but the terrain seemed comparable to Squaw, Alta etc.)
    We then drove up to the parking lot, where cats took us to the lodge. Great food, nice lodging, the cat skiing was nice, chill in the cats with good food, then ski some nice untouched pow. I think we skied 21,000 vertical feet on the second day, which is pretty good for cat skiing. well whatever..... here are a couple pictures.

I think I have a couple allright ones from my dad, might add them a little later. There was also one really good picture of my godfather, where you can only see his helmet, but I do not have that one at the moment.

Had some problems with the helmet cam....I was stupid and didnt try it out before. I did not have a card reader, so I could not watch the footage, so all of it is pointing to far down, but whatever, check it out if you'd like.
    just one short clip, I got a couple more, if you want to see them just tell me.

All in all an amazing four days cat skiing. We got really lucky with there being no good snow until a day before we got there, and then it warmed up the day we were leaving, and rain was on the forecast.

Edit: O yeah, the first picture was the picture of the day, my dad said it was for the cover of the pow magazine or something, but I think it was just posted on the website for the picture of the day.
    Last edited by powderhound100; 03-03-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Nice photos/video. Oh and obviously nice skis . Pretty easy to see the bamboo sidewalls in the photos. BTW, you have the graphics switched around in the video
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

O really? I did it so the dripping blue paint sort of matched in the middle. whatever.

review on the way

Quote Originally Posted by powderhound100 View Post
    O really? I did it so the dripping blue paint sort of matched in the middle. whatever.

review on the way
    haha no worries. just breaking your balls. Everyone seems to do it, and it obviously doesn't matter. The only place you would notice it is in the cityscape skyline in the tail.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Nice man. I bet that was a super fun trip. Bummer about your mom's heel. It looks like you made her proud though. Those're great shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Sweet pics man. I'm heading out with Powder Cowboy next week.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

cool, hopefully it gets/stays cold (not sure what the weather is doing over there at the moment)

Good to hear you had a good time in this neck o the woods!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Snow or no snow that place is rad.