Driving to Canada with my mutt beta.

He has no criminal record. Maybe headed to Calgary for a bit.

Whats the deal with this?

This summer I crossed the border twice with my mutt and they either didn't see my dog, didn't ask if I had a dog, or cared. You are supposed to have a certificate of health that pretty much says your dog is healthy and up date on shots and not going to infect the rest of Canada with some nasty disease. I didn't have one on this trip. Had one on other trips and they never asked for it.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Be careful bringing dogfood conatining beef back from canada.

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    ^^^what akpogue said, you should have a health cert from your vet. I have crossed the border twice with my pup and they did ask for his health cert's. It is pretty much a crapshoot though if they will ask for them. Ale brings up a good point, make SURE you check out what food and treats you bring with. Both the US and Canada take issue with certain ingredients. Check out these links http://www.google.com/search?q=enter...ient=firefox-a , one is bound to help you.
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

I just brought my dogs certs with me and handed them to the customs agent along with my passport without even being asked. He didn't seem to be concerned with my dog at all.

We always bring all the vet papers for our dog - the ones saying he's had his rabies shot, etc.

Also, US customs doesn't like it if you have dog food, but if you have the original packaging for the food, and it was bought in the US, then you should be ok. We have an empty bag of iams that we just bring with us so if they ask us about the food, we can say that we bought it in the US and then show them the bag. That has always worked.

The dog food has to be MADE IN THE USA. There's a drifting list (it's whatever the agent thinks isn't allowed) of people food too. Plus restrictions on how much booze you can bring. Leave your guns at home too unless you like doing paperwork.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.