striped a thread on binding mount...

sth16's on arg's.

just noticed one of my heel screw was loose, went to tighten it up and the threads are stripped.

i dont have a drill here in canada.....is it such a bad idea to put epoxy in the hole.....wait till it starts to go off then screw back in?

i have read on here that people mix epoxy with loft insulation and such like to give it a bit more substance.

i think i know the answer to my question but just dont want to pay a shop to fill and then re-drill my hole()

Epoxy and some steel wool mixed in will take care of it... Make sure you are carefull when you put the binding back on.

Or have a shop put in a heli coil for 5-10 dollars (US). $5 at our shop.

JBweld, mixed with steelwool, put screw in when still wet. let dry.
    The whole human race is de evolving; it is due to birth control, smart people use birth control, and stupid people keep pooping out more stupid babies.

JB Weld has NO place in ski repair! Too brittle.
    Leave No Turn Unstoned!

Quote Originally Posted by rob stokes View Post
    is it such a bad idea to put epoxy in the hole.....wait till it starts to go off then screw back in?

i have read on here that people mix epoxy with loft insulation and such like to give it a bit more substance.

i think i know the answer to my question but just dont want to pay a shop to fill and then re-drill my hole()
    thats what I have done more than once ,even 4 screw tele mounts have stayed put.I pack some slowset epoxy & filler into the hole ,run in the screw till the screw starts to slip and leave the epoxy to cure

a day later the screw should take cranking down ,if it doesnt ...get the heli-coil .I have good slow set epoxy sitting around at home the good stuff is expensive ,consider if you have to go and buy epoxy for one job it might be cheaper to have a shop do it

re JB:I have always used slowset epoxy for binding holes, I couldnt get G & R epoxy the stuff I always use so I tried JB weld ,IMO JB is too thick for getting into binding holes but I couldl see where that thick consistancey would be good in otehr apps