Loon Mt. Pow Shots

Swear to god...always like this here/Loon....

Been reading stuff here forever, finally time to join.

Few shots from Loon this week...sweet week in the east, only day I busted out the camera...sorry for the link, but don't have images here to upload and don't feel like figuring it out right now anyway...

http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=5328

Conti still needs his kick in the balls....

I didnt believe that was actually Loon till I saw the gondi in the back of one shot... great shots.

hells ya, of course it had to be Karl getting after it! I'd say he REALLY needs to move out west, but NH really needs that man's superstoke

good on ya' Karl.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

Damn, go Loon! I remember skiing there all through elementary and middle school. Don't remember any days like that. Nice pics!

Jesus that's LOON?

Nice.

Figures that the week I was in Jackson it's dump back home...

Good lookin glades, always like seeing the East Coast stoke.

Insane shots.

I learned to ski there and don't recall ever choking on over-the-head blower.

Damn, is that Loon or Jay? nice shots!

nice shots dude.....haven't been to that place in 10+ years, but that just made me wanna go back!

great stuff. karl made the best of the flat light... does he ever frequent these boards?

Awesome stuff. That's pretty much what it looked like at Cannon on Monday (20 mins up the road for those who don't know...)

How quickly did the place get tracked out?

FKNA noice.
    Fresh Tracks are the ultimate graffitti.
    Schmear

Set forth the pattern to succeed.
    Sam Kavanagh

Friends of Tuckerman Ravine

Quote Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
    Awesome stuff. That's pretty much what it looked like at Cannon on Monday (20 mins up the road for those who don't know...)

How quickly did the place get tracked out?
    Was tracked out quick...shot pics for about half of each the first two runs then the camera stayed in the pack. Probably got in 4-5 real nice runs total of finding a fair amount of fresh....

There was sun and serious deep snow still Tuesday in certain NE locations, i bet some killer shots got done that day somewhere....

some great pictures

4-TEEF Guest
    Fun stuff!

Do you still have to apply and be approved to be a SportsShooter member? I'm thinking these would benefit from 1-1.5 stops more exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by 4-TEEF View Post
    Fun stuff!

Do you still have to apply and be approved to be a SportsShooter member? I'm thinking these would benefit from 1-1.5 stops more exposure.
    Yeah you still need to apply to Sportsshooter as far as I know, good site though.

I had the exposure stepped up a bit already and even brought the exposure up a bit more in editing, but basically it was dark as sh-t out, was brutal...when i tried to expose it more it just looked real artificial to me...only was taking pics since we had the fresh snow, the light sucked. Classic New England....

Quote Originally Posted by 4-TEEF View Post
    Fun stuff!

I just joined this week and yes you do have to apply, but it's not too much work. You basically just fill out a short application and upload 10 photos for them to judge. Definitely a lot of good stuff over there. The message board archive is a gold mine.
    Last edited by dipstik; 02-27-2009 at 01:47 PM.

4-TEEF Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Olerud View Post
    I had the exposure stepped up a bit already and even brought the exposure up a bit more in editing, but basically it was dark as sh-t out, was brutal...when i tried to expose it more it just looked real artificial to me...only was taking pics since we had the fresh snow, the light sucked. Classic New England....
    I think I get one day of bluebird light for ever 10 days of greybird. And that's in Utah!

I saw you guys that day rippn around. One of the better days I've had in a little while. I was so excited I just straightlined my first two runs so I could get more. I think I skiied by you one time when you had your camera out taking pictures of your buddies. Nice pics...

Now back to typical EC with some rain. SOB...

The one with the gondola should be a Loon poster