Victor car camping........

Sooo, it appears as if my plans to share a room in Driggs/Victor has changed.
    Looks like I am now going to car camp Thursday night. Can anybody offer any suggestions for a place to park a car overnight without getting hassled? The closer to the Knotty Pine, the better.
    Thanks in advance-

Are you planning on driving after the gig, or just stumbling to your car?
    I would park in the lot behind the Knotty itself, be low key, I would think Bryce would rather have you there than driving drunk. It's private property, shouldn't be hassled.
    BTW, the cops here are on a tear lately. (but not unethically, from what I can tell)
    But at least they aren't using tied up, friendly housepets for target practice anymore.
    Last edited by rideit; 02-25-2009 at 11:12 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Don't want to drive if possible.

A group of us are coming up tomorrow night and would rather not drive anywhere if at all possible. We only need to park/sleep from 1 AM to 7 AM, so if parking behind the Knotty is an option, that would be perfect. Having never been, I just don't know what the local cop scene is like.

The last thing I want after a good night at the Knotty is to tango with the local county mountees.

Oh, and how close is Grand Teton Brewing to the Knotty?
    Thanks for the info.....mucho appreciated.

Well, Grand Teton Brewing is ~a mile, but there are no retail services at night, AFIK. Better to go to Wildlife Brewing, right across the street from the Knotty. Good beer, great Pizza, good option if you want to mix it up. I'll PM you with some other options.

Ya, that may be better as we will be rolling into town at about 8:30. Looking for the PM. THANKS.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    BTW, the cops here are on a tear lately.
    Yeah, the new man is a law and order guy, but at least now the deputies actually have a boss who fires crooked cops. The rules are still the rules but now they don't change in the middle of the game.

I 2nd the ask Bryce info, very nice guy who keeps the only decent music scene in the valley going. Or, buy some beers and ask around for a couch. This is still a very low key and friendly place once people trust you. For example, I may be a dick on the interweb but yesterday I found a $50 at the front door of the grocery and turned it to the manager and told her to announce it on the PA. We don't steal from our neighbors here.

Right on man. I will call Bryce today and see if parking out back will work for the night.
    How has the snow been up at Ghee with all the rain?

Dunno, haven't been.

Yesterday was decent to good depending on aspect and trees. Smooth, firm and fast, the rain stayed below the parking lot. The flats, middle earth and waterfall rode like a natural park, firm/soft with lots of windlips to play on. I stayed amused for five solid hours. Wind was bad after noon (DC had constant tower faults, suprised it stayed open) and by 2pm the snow was getting fucked up anywhere there weren't trees to slow down the wind. But who cares...cuz its just gonna get covered up with more powpow. My rating scale is: epic>awesome>tits>good>decent>ok>mediocre>sucks>de ath cookies>whyamIdoingthis?
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-25-2009 at 11:39 AM.

Ya, just don't know if it will be raining on the bump Friday. I'm driving 4 hours and just don't want to get stuck in a slurpee if im coming that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat City View Post
    Ya, just don't know if it will be raining on the bump Friday. I'm driving 4 hours and just don't want to get stuck in a slurpee if im coming that far.
    Ullr has scheduled a weak cold front(and snow) passage for tonight and for a stronger cold frontal boundary to move south to our area on friday. Friday's snow/rain line is predicted to remain below 7000 ft with a 25 degree high for the Ghee. And wind, expect wind not warmth to be the fly in the ointment, if any.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-25-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    On another note, whats better for pre-Knotty funking......Grand Teton or Wildlife Brewery (or other suggestions)? Looking for some eats and brews before heading to the show.

I don't think the GT Brewery is open at night. Knotty has a variety of food, Wildlife has great pizza and freshly made beer. Both are a good choice.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-25-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Don't forget Teton Thai and Scratch! But i think if you and your posse want casual grub, Wildlife would be a great choice. GT isn't a brewpub, just a brewery.

Yeah, and what happens when you drink loads of beer on a belly full of curry and pad thai?

You get your car detailed.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-25-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    My rating scale is: epic>awesome>tits>good>decent>ok>mediocre>sucks>de ath cookies>whyamIdoingthis?
    I would argue that tits is better than awesome

Don't forget Teton Thai and Scratch! But i think if you and your posse want casual grub, Wildlife would be a great choice. GT isn't a brewpub, just a brewery.
    Good to know as I thought they served food as well. Hope to see you guys at the show!!!!

Have fun, it's puking in Victor. You won't see me at the show, I never did like smelly old Salmon. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuba View Post

Have you been this week? Lookin for the real deal beta.
    Thanks.

Have fun, it's puking in Victor. You won't see me at the show, I never did like smelly old Salmon. Oh well.
    Well, I don't know what the Salmon is in reference to, but I hope to see ya on the bump then. Jam on.

Oh, right, they are descendants of sleazy cheese. They all sound the same to me, but have fun!

Oh, right, they are descendants of sleazy cheese. They all sound the same to me, but have fun!

BWAAAAHAA!!! Now that's some shit! I thought thats what you were referencing. Sleazy Cheese.....Jesus that's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKuba View Post
    Trust me, not all tits are awesome.

He speaks the truth. I've seen areolas that you could land a SAR chopper on. Not good.