Post Cheap lodging in Victor/Driggs needed....

I am heading to The Knotty Pine next Thursday to see EOTO, then jamming up to 'Ghee on Friday.
    I will be with a group of about 6 and am looking for cheap lodging in Victor/Driggs for Thursday night. Anybody have any dirt in this area? I've heard the Teepee is good, but something a little closer to town (we'll be at the Knotty having brews all night) would be preferable.
    Thanks in advance.

Teepee options are the most affordable. Next step up would be Teton Valley Cabins 208 354-8153, which would give your crew individual cabins if more privacy and a kitchenette is what you want. It's on ski hill rd about 500 feet east of Driggs. The only motel in Victor was torn down during the real estate craze. You will notice that Victor got a little over enthusiastic and built about four times as much commercial real estate as it needed.
    Last edited by neckdeep; 02-20-2009 at 10:16 AM.

There is also the Pines Motel Guest Haus in Driggs. 208-354-2774

it's right by the turn to ski hill road and across from Broumlin's. Never been inside it but heard it's pretty nice and cheap.
    Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

There is also a new motel right in Victor called the Roadhouse that is a (longish) stumble away from the Knotty. (1/2 mile?)I don't have contact info, it is right in front of the car wash, and before Valley Lumber.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    There is also a new motel right in Victor called the Roadhouse
    I thought those were more crappy apartments for short term construction worker rentals. Hard to keep track of Victor-it changed so fast. Good luck, though, they aren't even in the valley phone book.

Check out house rentals. We got a sweet 3 bedroom, with hot tub, etc over presidents weekend for $100/night. Split that between six and you're living large! Just call the owners and negotiate. We talked them down from $250/night and we were right on Ski Hill Road... They were just happy to have somebody in their place at that point!
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't
    help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs...

I think they do nightly, the 'open' sign is on in the lobby. I think 'short term laborors' are not so ubiquitous right about now..

EDIT: I know they do nightly, a bunch of folks stayed there for a wedding we just did at the Wildwood room...

Look into VRBO (vacation rentals by Owner) you could end up with a fat, fat pad for cheap.

True that advice - the valley is bloated with homes in need of renters.

Check these out, and remember, you can call any of them up and offer whatever you feel is fair.
    http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...o/teton-valley

Not bad, not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Check these out, and remember, you can call any of them up and offer whatever you feel is fair.
    http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals...o/teton-valley

Thanks for the heads up on this. I'll definitley check these options out!!

You guys should steal another day from the boss and get up here to ride on Thursday. Wed and Thurs could be epic if forcast holds up. Last weeks forcast was spot on. And it was epic.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Teepee options are the most affordable. Next step up would be Teton Valley Cabins 208 354-8153, which would give your crew individual cabins if more privacy and a kitchenette is what you want. It's on ski hill rd about 500 feet east of Driggs. The only motel in Victor was torn down during the real estate craze. You will notice that Victor got a little over enthusiastic and built about four times as much commercial real estate as it needed.
    ^^^^^

We stayed there last year; good digs. Queen bunkbeds with an additional pull out couch. You could comfortably/easily do 3 a room; twice that if you want to go uber-dirtbag and double up in the bunks. I think we paid about $70/night.

TIP: there WILL be two-four squad cars trolling for drunks and hippies, take a cab if you can. There is one pretty cheap local option, I forget the name, but the Knotty will have his card. If you go that route, then the Teepee is still an option.