Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^^ as long as I have internet at the place I'm staying with my wife I'd be happy to try and take some pictures on Friday and let you know what it looks like as long as it's open, or at least mark up the one posted above a bit.
    Before big games I shoot Rabies, it gives me the edge I need and it’s undetectable. Only idiot losers do steroids anymore...

^^ Appreciate that dude.

But my main concern is actually getting a chance to ski it. I can obv try to pick a line from pics, but its a diff story when you are actually standing on top and can judge what you feel comfortable doing. Cause right now I'd say, screw it, charge balls and send the double stager... but that thinking could change drastically when actually looking down it.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Haha, I hear that, I've got a POV so maybe a little video would help
    Before big games I shoot Rabies, it gives me the edge I need and it’s undetectable. Only idiot losers do steroids anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by GoEhuge View Post
    Is there anyway to check it out/test run after friday but before the comp? I haven't skied that since freshman year of college, and I really don't feel like wasting time by entering unless I have a line picked out. Can't get off of work friday so earliest I could be up there is Sat morning.
    In years past there has always been some time for inspection in the morning before the comp has started. I wouldn't assume it could be any different this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    I do believe Sunday will be the day.
    Both qualifiers and Face runs on Sunday?

vid from last years comp

There is alot of misinformation here...I spoke with Brian who is the head of events and the competition is as advertised....It is both Saturday and Sunday. Qualifying on Saturday, Finals on Sunday

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

So it looks like Sphinx15 and I will both be there tomorrow, anyone else?

Who's planning on competing? I know I am and it sounds like maybe quite a few others as well!

Based on the conditions there last Sunday (I skied both the upper quai and the face... the face was a BAD idea to poach!) and the cool temps all week I'm kind of skeptical about how things will look tomorrow, we shall see. I think they got a little rain, and possibly a little snow this week so lets all hope for lots of warm sun to soften things up!

Here's a little more face stoke, fresh dust on crust that I skied last year:

Quote Originally Posted by vtdownhiller View Post
    There is alot of misinformation here...I spoke with Brian who is the head of events and the competition is as advertised....It is both Saturday and Sunday. Qualifying on Saturday, Finals on Sunday
    Apparently by me...

Sorry for that everyone.

The extremes are canceled. Front page of Jay's site. http://www.jaypeakresort.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx15 View Post
    at the place I'm staying with my wife
    Wow. We are getting old.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyarea View Post
    The extremes are canceled. Front page of Jay's site. http://www.jaypeakresort.com/
    Whadya know

Quote Originally Posted by thegreyarea View Post
    I just got off the phone with Spoon, and here's the update:

The comp has been cancelled for this weekend due to poor conditions. Rain earlier in the week followed by consistently cold temps have turned the Upper Quai and Face into bulletproof sheets of ice.

Things had been expected to warm up for the weekend, but the forecast has been getting colder and colder with Sunday originally predicted to be in the 50's, but now looking more like high 20's at the top.

The head of ski patrol was consulted about the possibility of holding the comp on the closed trails no matter what the conditions, but she did not feel comfortable sending her own people down them with sleds so that was out of the question.

The event has been tentatively rescheduled for next weekend, temps are expected to warm up during the course of next week, so hopefully things will get soft without losing too much base. Lets all hope for that, we shall see...

STOKE! Last years winner, Brad Kennison

At snowline on the BB, just got off the phone with Brian as well - brutal. JPH I'll probably see you in a bit after my conference call.

Maybe this comp should get moved to February

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

agreed, conditions didnt suck then
    Live

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I just got off the phone with Spoon, and here's the update:

The comp has been cancelled for this weekend due to poor conditions. Rain earlier in the week followed by consistently cold temps have turned the Upper Quai and Face into bulletproof sheets of ice.

Things had been expected to warm up for the weekend, but the forecast has been getting colder and colder with Sunday originally predicted to be in the 50's, but now looking more like high 20's at the top.

The head of ski patrol was consulted about the possibility of holding the comp on the closed trails no matter what the conditions, but she did not feel comfortable sending her own people down them with sleds so that was out of the question.

The event has been tentatively rescheduled for next weekend, temps are expected to warm up during the course of next week, so hopefully things will get soft without losing too much base. Lets all hope for that, we shall see...

STOKE! Last years winner, Brad Kennison
    Quote Originally Posted by vtdownhiller View Post
    Maybe this comp should get moved to February

Read above, that does sound like Febuary half the time.
    Tough one to win for planners, this is always a bitch.

Ok, here we go again...

I just got off the phone with the MAN, and it is sounding like this thing may actually happen this weekend. Jay received 6 or 7" of cold snow last weekend which apparently packed down nicely on top of all the glare. Temps are supposedly warming up as of this afternoon, with the forecast in the mid-high 40's for the rest of the week, with warm sun on Saturday and potentially a little rain on Sunday.

As of now the comp is scheduled for Sat and Sunday, lets all send good weather vibes Northern VT's way!

The view of the face as of yesterday: (sorry 'bout the hugeness)

bump for good weather!

Forecast says 42 today and 47 and sunny tomorrow, which should soften things up nicely for the comp! Anyone else planning on going?

I wish I could make it back up but it's not going to happen, I just got back to DC this morning...next year for this one I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinx15 View Post
    I wish I could make it back up but it's not going to happen, I just got back to DC this morning...next year for this one I guess...
    Yea, too bad. Sorry I missed you last weekend, after I heard about the cancellation and the conditions I decided to just go to work and save my sick days.

Bringing this thread back from the dead...

Anyway, who's going to be there this year? I'm in, although I probably shouldn't be.