Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Please check your sarcasm meter amanda - I think it is broken.

I dont' want to be the one to scare away a perfectly good poster of the female variety and I certainly don't think they need to take away your title. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well on a forum, this is one of those times.

--Now,I can't speak for aspen - I hear it's good but have never skied there.

Living in UT my whole life has made me realize that of all the ski resorts here, PC would be pretty far down the list.

Of course you haven't skied there so you wouldn't no that. I would humbly offer these UT resorts to check out first before you go wtih Park City.

Alta
    Snowbird
    Solitude
    Brighton

Sorry for the confusion, please don't take anything I say in the future seriously.

thanks,

alias

Quote Originally Posted by AMANDAJEAN View Post
    Hmm...No I don't get it... And I don't get why you make a comment and make yourself sound like an ass. Hmm, Aspen and Park City not hard core enough for you? Give me a break. ..

Hmm...No I don't get it... And I don't get why you make a comment and make yourself sound like an ass. Hmm, Aspen and Park City not hard core enough for you? Give me a break.

Take away the Lange Girl title? I am sure Lange/Dynastar/Freeskier would beg to differ and so would the 60,000 people that voted for me.

The forums should be fun, something to give yourself to do at work...at least for me. The forums shouldn't be comprised of losers like you sitting behind a computer screen writing things they wouldn' have the balls to say to in person. It's lame.

I can't handle a few jabs here and there, but there is nothing worse than idiot behind a computer screen. I'm a nice person and don't like people like you who get a rise of out this petty shit.
    AJ, let me help you out... This place isn't always about being nice. People here are pretty honest about what they're thinking. Not everyone is going to coddle you because you're hot. If you don't like it, don't even bother. Just move along. That said, you seem to have some spunk so maybe you'll be fine and even find yourself enjoying TGR's particular brand of reparte. Just remember that it's doubtfull anyone actually gives a shit who you do or don't like.
    If you've never seen an elephant ski, you've never been on acid.

- Eddie Izzard

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post
    Please check your sarcasm meter amanda - I think it is broken.

I dont' want to be the one to scare away a perfectly good poster of the female variety and I certainly don't think they need to take away your title. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come across well on a forum, this is one of those times.

--Now,I can't speak for aspen - I hear it's good but have never skied there.

Living in UT my whole life has made me realize that of all the ski resorts here, PC would be pretty far down the list.

Of course you haven't skied there so you wouldn't no that. I would humbly offer these UT resorts to check out first before you go wtih Park City.

Alta
    Snowbird
    Solitude
    Brighton

Sorry for the confusion, please don't take anything I say in the future seriously.

thanks,

alias
    Alias,

Ok, fair enough...

I am actually going to Snowbird in April. Lange and Dynastar are sending me as one of my winning prizes! So, I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope to see some of you there at Lange's Snowdaze!!!

I went to Alta, but that was about 12 years ago, It was fun then

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Doktor View Post
    AJ, let me help you out... This place isn't always about being nice. People here are pretty honest about what they're thinking. Not everyone is going to coddle you because you're hot. If you don't like it, don't even bother. Just move along. That said, you seem to have some spunk so maybe you'll be fine and even find yourself enjoying TGR's particular brand of reparte. Just remember that it's doubtfull anyone actually gives a shit who you do or don't like.
    Ya I hear ya! I am quite the sassy one... can't lie about that...

I do say what I think, 99% of the time, I can take shit for the most part, but have no problem throwing it back...so you're right, maybe I can fit in just fine here

It is hard to tell the sarcasm online though...I'll work on that. I'm probably the most gullible person ever... that doesn't help.

I'm probably the most gullible person ever... that doesn't help.
    No problem Amandy,

Maybe you can come out to Breckenridge, I have a MUCH better opportunity for you to consider than Lange Gurl.

If I could where to spend a season at the last minute I'd just go where the macro weather pattern said would be going off (though this year is a real outlier).
    If I had to pick a year or more in advance- I'd pick LCC- prob. the best chance for great snow and good weather. AK is interesting but it's dark crazy early and there are many down days because of weather.
    Short of LCC I'd pick the adirondacks. While the snow is...well..less good...the ability to go out and explore day in and day out looking for lines and hidden glades is pretty effin cool.

play nice bitches.

i'd spend my "dream" season in jackson hole because it is the realest mountain in all of north america.

Quote Originally Posted by erosenberg View Post
    i'd spend my "dream" season in jackson hole because it is the realest mountain in all of north america.
    I have Silverton for you on line one. It sounds pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post

Now STFU and get back to your cubicle.
    HA!! Good stuff.

Fuck, that would be tough call. But I'd have to agree with the previous posters that mentioned the macro weather patterns. Putting that aside though, I'd say for me it boils down to AK, Mt. Baker, Jackson, or somewhere in BC...Japan would also be sick too. I spent two seasons in Tahoe with pretty much no responsibilities other than as an instructor and I was there for '04-'05 and '05-'06, both of which were pretty damn epic. But I've BTDT now, so there are other locations that rank higher. The more I think about it though, I think it would really come down to Baker or Jackson...both places are so fucking sick and have incredible backcountry/sidecountry access.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Big Sky (US)... I don't know much about Europe

Anyone picking a place in the lower 48 might not know much about the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    La Grave
    x2. AK if your French is weak.
    -You can't get hurt if you are in the air.

Caleb Wray Photography

itd be exactly where i am, montana.. if we were getting better snow than this year. otherwise definitely follow the snow. ak, washington, new zealand would all be fun.

you guys are gettin fiesty here

The last 3 or 4 seasons? Girdwood, AK no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    I have Silverton for you on line one. It sounds pissed.
    hah big respect for silverton and the whole san juan range. jackson's terrain is vast and so easily accessible... silverton's terrain is steep. either way i reckon we have ourselves a fair argument.

and an altitude headache

This is a hard one, because I ride Snowbird. Hard to imagine being anywhere else. Maybe Grand Targhee or Jackson if I was looking for somewhere new to experience.
    Christian Paul- Landscapes and Astrophotography

Backpacking by summer, splitboarding by winter!

Photography Web Site: http://www.christianpaulphotography.com/

Photography Blog: http://seekingshambhala.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I heard that a ShamWow works great for wiping up the tears from a Lange Bang.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    LMAO

Did I fall into the padded room by accidental?

Love Targhee..........wait for it............................for my wife.
    No offense but it kind of makes Flatarado look steep(er).

If I was starting over I would consider Jackson if I was limited to the lower 48.
    Snowbasin, Crested Butte and Whitefish are all special spots for me cuz it's snowed like mad every time I was there.

But...........( sounds of yodeling echo through the valley)......Europe would be happening. Always wanted to check out La Grave. But other than that I have nothing concrete to offer.

(Edit for completeness) - oh and Park City pretty much pisses me off every time I go there - either for some asshat behavior from someone or just the somewhat circuitous and rediculous layout of the mtn. Don't know it well, but after the same couple of days at the Bird, Solitude, Snowbasin, etc I don't think I will be going back to PC.
    Last edited by carvedog; 02-11-2009 at 09:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

Lloyd: What the hell are we doing here, Harry? We gotta get out of this town!

Harry: Oh yeah, and go where? Where are we gonna go?

Lloyd: I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Harry: Oh, I don't know, Lloyd. The French are assholes.

O, come on!

Quote Originally Posted by alias View Post

thanks,

alias
    OK I get you dont want to scare lange girl off and that's cool and all but this is still TGR right.. if it was lange boy who responded so defensively I'd be getting the popcorn ready to enjoy the show..

total double standard!
    Just breathe

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Nebula View Post
    This is a hard one, because I ride Snowbird. Hard to imagine being anywhere else. Maybe Grand Targhee or Jackson if I was looking for somewhere new to experience.
    have you skied in Europe?

Keystone, for sure.

Kootenays

Probably more now that I am inadmissable and in their damn database! Loved Rossland and Nelson. Would love to homebase at Retallack. Ski Red and White and enjoy the Kootenay vibe..

Would also like to spend a season in the HostelX at JH.

Another option I would love is to base out of Taos and ski there hitting up teleuride and wolf creek from time2time.
    Just breathe

WTF! A season in HostelX?

I guess somebody's heaven is someone else's hell.