Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    It was a good day to break Wilkez cooler cherry. Stability was VERY GOOD. Visibility close to unlimited.

We were joined by Dan, walked up to Cheops 4 slidepath and skied the STS couloir. 700m of 45 degree slope.

Definitely adequate for my needs

Lee- was that the same cooler we couldn't quite see into on that low vis day when you were hanging over that cornice poking around? if so, looks like a lot more snow in it this year.

Yo Squirrel - that is the same couloir - not as much snow. No cornice to speak of although still steep and pretty deep- we thought of you and K when we dropped in

Be careful, you might poke an eye out with that thing..
    riding with ice axe = running with scissors?

Nice trip, LL.
    == | slacktopia | ==
    http://twitch.tv/fugitivephilo
    still bangin' beats

Grizzly Gulch today. 800m shot off Grizzly Peak then 1400m total back down to valley floor

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    While you were preparing those important reports that no-one will ever read, we toured up a excrutiatingly steep skin track to Glacier Crest.

Hello, Lee. What's happening? Uh… we have sort of a problem here. Yeah. You apparently didn't put one of the new coversheets on your TPS reports.

Uh oh. Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays.

I need to talk about your flair.

It was a Jump… to Conclusions-mat. You see, it would be this mat that you would put on the floor and it would have different conclusions written on it that you could…jump to.

Yeah. Yeah. Y'know what? I do. I do want to express myself. OK? And I don't need thirty-seven pieces of flair to do it.

And if, if they take my stapler, I will, I will set this building on fire.

Ummm, I'm gonna need you go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around nine, that would be great. Oh, oh, yeah…I forgot. I'm gonna also need you to come in Sunday too.

Thanks for the turns Lee and Sharon, the final run down from the Avalanche Crest ridgeline was great, of course, and it was cool skiing with you two again. I'll get my pics up eventually.

Good work Lee. Thanks for the motivation. I haven't been out in a month...and I'm not sick. People have been telling me Rogers hasn't been that great but I would disagree looking at the photos.

Mex - those people must not be looking very hard.

Forever Young couloir on Friday - text courtesy of Sharon

Friday came in with high overcast and potential...

We headed out with the intention of doing Forever Young, but open to options based on vis. A glacier is no place to be in a white out!

After skiing for 8 days, lee's dogging it. He wants to ski this couloir but his legs aren't as peppy as they usually are!

We head up the moraine:
    Essentially up the middle of this pick and to lookers left of Lookout Peak in the center or the pic

Once at the decision point - do we head over look out col? Or go for Forever Young! Lee, catches up to us. He's tired, but determined. He will buck up, break trail and get to Forever Young.

Perspective is everything in the mountains. We are sooo small.

Forever Young is before us. On the way up we were being chased by a couple of swedes and a norwegian! They better not beat us!

DOH! They didn't but three others who were staying in the Asulkan did! Can you see them?

After chatting with the swedes, and waiting for the other group to go we start heading down

500m of sustained ~40o slope of HARD pack. hmmm interesting conditions.

Snow gets better when it opens up!

After we were down the Swedes and Norwegian come down. The Norwegian, on NTN tele gear had a mechanical... his binding came out!

At least tele'iers are used to suffering!

Now we just have the 5km ski out back to the car!

Last day - legs are done.

Sharon again with text

Our last day in Rogers Pass was sunny and cold. Dave and Anthony came up for the weekend to get their pow fix and to see what all the fuss about Rogers Pass was about! We agreed to meet Marco at 7:30am to hit the south slopes of Cheops before they warmed up too much.

http://www.leelau.net/2009/rogers200...uth2009_02_14/

Beautiful pics there, Rogers Pass is the first place I'll be heading for some touring once I get my gear and some experienced friends to go with. Those pillow line pics were so tasty, now I have to go and change my underpants.

video of first three days

Some more pictures from Lee's office.

Mmmm..yeah. You see, we're putting the coversheets on all TPS reports now before they go out. Did you see the memo about this?

Yeah. If you could just go ahead and make sure you do that from now on, that will be greaat. And uh, I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo mmmmkay?

Very cool, that's definitely on my short list. Thanks for sharing
    Hello darkness my old friend

It snowed to 1400m last week just before Crankworx at Whistler,

So I thought of skiing for the first time in a long time.

Bump for a book by a good friend of mine

http://www.johnbaldwin.ca/exploring.htm

Brilliant bump! Needed some of those pics as the heat wave is back here in the Ok valley.

From last week. We were there and you wern't!

Family ski trip in August...