Armada Invictus 89 ti

So I am ski in the PNW and am an intermediate skier. Mainly skiing on groomed blues with some ungroomed black. Im looking into some armada invictus 89 ti skis due to sales and availability. They arent bad skis and would rock the ice-coast id imagine but the fact that they are 89mm worry me a bit. I was looking for a ~95mm ski for my purposes and already own some k2 apache coombas that are 102s. Im thinking since I have trouble getting out right after fresh snow do to scheduling, which generally leads me to left overs or hard pack that they will work and if I land a day with some nice pow Id go with with fatter skis. Also i guess I can next year add a true pow ski to the quiver.
    Last edited by BeardMech; 02-17-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Are they red? If not, buy the Praxis!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

If only I could afford a praxis, on3p, dps, etc. Im not a dentist.

I'd go for it op, Invictus line is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardMech View Post
    if I land a day with some nice pow Id go with with fattrt skies.
    I couldn’t agree more

Silly tablet, grammar and spelling is for keyboards!

If you value utility and practicality when not having a quiver then it's a great choice. If saying you're an intermediate I don't know if you'll get a lot out of it over easier skiing non metal options, but if it's cheap, why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by skideeppow View Post
    That grip walk shit is ridiculous.

I own the non-metal version of the Invictus 95 which is still a pretty stout ski. I bought it for my firm groomer ski (not much of that this year thankfully, ha) and it excels at that. However, it really comes alive at higher speeds and I expect the 89 ti would be similar, although obviously narrower so maybe easier to get on edge. The 95 Invictus can feel a little cumbersome at slow speeds. So if you are skiing at more moderate speeds I'm not sure the Invictus 89 ti is the right ski for you now, but certainly a ski you could grow into and should be a great ski for the conditions you mention as long as you get your speed up a little.

I was looking at the 95 but in my mind it was a cheaper version so it had to be worse, though I do prefer the width. I also was afraid Id grow out of it.

I may go with the 89ti for the point you mention, growing into it. I cant be buying skis right and left so having on that will meet my needs 3 years out sounds nice.

I was looking at the 95 but in my mind it was a cheaper version so it had to be worse, though I do prefer the width. I also was afraid Id grow out of it.

I may go with the 89ti for the point you mention, growing into it. I cant be buying skis right and left so having on that will meet my needs 3 years out sounds nice.
    The non-metal 95 is marketed as more of an intermediate ski for some reason. I wouldn't put it in that category since they take some speed to perform best and, based on my experience, don't seem like the easiest skis to turn at slow speeds. I haven't skied a ton of skis to compare, but would call them moderately stiff. These were a replacement for some 186 Fischer T-stix (Atua was the alpine version) and worked out for that pretty well.

The 89ti at a decently discounted price sounds like a good choice for what you want, and some metal can be a good thing for chopped up snow. I bought my pair based on a very good price at a local shop. Just for reference I'm 6' and ~ 165 lbs and am on the 185 length.

Well I bit the bullet and bought it. I got it in 179 (next size is a 189 though they didnt have it, and its a bit to much ski for me). For 331 usd it seems like a solid deal.

Would me being a larger skier of 5'11 205 lbs help with engaging the edge a little easier?

Would me being a larger skier of 5'11 205 lbs help with engaging the edge a little easier?
    Technique trumps body size for the most part. Don't spend time rethinking your purchase, those 89s are nice skis, you shouldn't find them difficult in that length. Just get out there and enjoy them!

for binding position should I go the recommended or what. Never had to deal with poaitioning the binding.

for binding position should I go the recommended or what. Never had to deal with poaitioning the binding.
    Yes, mount them on the recommended line.

Thanks man. I just picked them up. They look sick.

Well I took them out last night and man they are damn stiff compared to what Im used to. They also are a bit of work to put on edge and forced me to fly down the slopes. I couldnt even skid turns at low speeds. They were fun though, just need to get used to them and skiing more aggressively. I gotta stop letting those 10 year old racers pass me.