Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

FLEX---

Any feedback on flex 196 carbon?? I'm on ants and toons-how would the flex compare to tha ant??? I love my ants but there tough on the knees at times....I'm thinkng a carbon ant with rocker----THESHIT!!!! I just dont want more than 1 pair of noodleroni's - thanks rocker

Quote Originally Posted by rocker6666 View Post
    Any feedback on flex 196 carbon?? I'm on ants and toons-how would the flex compare to tha ant??? I love my ants but there tough on the knees at times....I'm thinkng a carbon ant with rocker----THESHIT!!!! I just dont want more than 1 pair of noodleroni's - thanks rocker
    The 196 flex is def stiff where you need it...underfoot and in tail with a touch more softness in the rockered shovel part IMO. Definitely not noodles by any means.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Thumbs up I"M SOLD ON THIS

FUCK YES I'm in-----Thanks T>S>

What extra Lhasa pow's coming to AK.......

Anyway to get a maggot deal with some delivery to Girdwood?

OK, it still hasn't snowed properly in Fernie but I had a full day of them on a couple of inches of snow... Man I love these skis. It's just unreal how gay I am for them. I had my ipod on full blast and wasn't really thinking about what I was doing when I blasted down one of the steeper groomers here on the way to a chair in about four turns. Didn't even realise I was on my pow skis, they just rail. I love the swing weight and the pop too - I really debated 186 vs 196 and like a few people kind of wished there was a 192 option. I don't think anyone who's considered the 196 will regret it - I spent the day lapping tight trees where the snow was deeper and it really wasn't an issue.

Easily my favourite skis I've owned. I'll write up a full review when I've had chance to ski them where they're intended... hopefuly going to take them into the slackcountry tomorrow.

bump cause pm gear is ramping up some 196 production!!!

oh yeah!!!
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by HaoXianJhao View Post
    What extra Lhasa pow's coming to AK.......

Anyway to get a maggot deal with some delivery to Girdwood?
    We can get them to Girdwood for $50 via USPS, but it takes a few weeks, sometimes only two.
    We're pressing another 30-40 pair right now, then flipping to do a batch of 186s next week.

YOU BUY 196!!!!!

BUY NOW
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    YOU BUY 196!!!!!

BUY NOW
    This logic worked on my roommate. Coincidentally, he has the same BSL as me so me =
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

bump cause pm gear is ramping up some 196 production!!!
    Hells yeah! I've got a pair of very lonely binders here, and I've been salivating for these suckers.

You'll have them for weekend after this, Pierre.

Oh sweet jesus yes!!

I head to AK march 3rd so I'm just wondering since these things are so lethal will thÉy let me bring them on the plane? Probably need a special permit to fly these bad toads

Vibes to Sean890 in Jackson.
    Finally got his Lhasas out in the pow, only to catch a tree and buy a titanium rod.
    Just got this pm from him.......

Quote Originally Posted by sean890
    Well

what a bittersweet message. After Jackson finally saw some snow I got a chance to try out the lhasas in their prime conditions. Managed to throw down first tracks on rendvous bowl, the hobacks, moran face, all in one morning. Good lord, what an amazing ski you built. Couldnt be happier with it.

Unfortunately Sean got to skiing mach 10 in low light, came over a roll over I didnt see, lost control, and squared a tree with my right shin. I now have a titanium rod holding together my tibia and the season is over for me. Real shame being that those Lhasas had changed my season for the best. I was skiing better, having more fun, and just loving them.

Once i get out of the hospital Ill be sure to write up a full review in tech talk. Hopefully I and the lhasas can make it down to Lenas this summer, but have to keep my fingers crossed for that one.

Thanks again for the great skis,
    Sean

^^ shit! that sucks, -vibes- Sean

Wow! Shitty story! Sorry to hear.

Great to hear you guys are getting some 196's out, Pat! Getting fired up.

This is probably posted somewhere, sorry if I missed it. What's the weight difference between the 186 glass and carbon? Also, is there anywhere in the NW where i could demo a 186 and a 196? I suspect the 186 would be better for tight trees, but I still want to get both sides of the spectrum.

Green Mountain Sports in Denver, Wasatch Powder Skis in Utah, Cornice Sports in Kirkwood.
    Knowledge is Powder

And Wasatch Powder Skis (www.wasatchpowderskis.com) will ship demos anywhere.

If I were a PNW skier, skiing mainly say, Alpental...I'd go 186. If I were skiing mainly Crystal...then I might lean more towards the 196.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I SKI SOON! SOON SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    This is probably posted somewhere, sorry if I missed it. What's the weight difference between the 186 glass and carbon? Also, is there anywhere in the NW where i could demo a 186 and a 196? I suspect the 186 would be better for tight trees, but I still want to get both sides of the spectrum.
    The weight difference is around 8-10 ounces, maybe 12 ounces.
    I have a good memory, it just doesn't last very long....

waiting on 196's
    waiting on Bindings
    Damn, I am excited.

Splat you will have mail next week.

thanks for the vibes

Thanks for the vibes everyone. Still sitting in the hospital in jackson high as a kite on morphine.

they had to split my calf open this morning and relieve pressure due to compartment syndrome, no fun at all.

Anyways, season was awesome regardless of its abbreviated length. and from the day I got on those lhasas to the day i broke my tibia, i dont think ive ever enjoyed skiing so much.

Hopefully will be able to make it down to south america at some point this summer, if not, ill be out ripping the lhasas in jackson again next season.

EDIT: may need to liquidate the rest of the quiver(keeping the 186s obv) to add the 196 for bigger lines and deeper days.

heres to checking out all of yours pictures and keeping me stoked on skiing and inspiring a speedy and full recovery.
    Last edited by sean890; 02-21-2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: added the 196 comment

brogrammable awesome

Damn, Sean, we have a common bond here. I'm sitting around watching my knee swell up, but nothing like your tribulations. My heart goes out to you for your wounds, mang. I had some knee work done today that will hopefully put me back on the snow soon. Sounds like you're taking it with a good altitude and that counts for a lot. I've essentially been down for eight months now and I think the only thing that really put a crease in my humble acceptance of my gimpitude was when we pressed the first pairs of 196s and I realized I couldn't ski them.

SuperGaper - Sean wants to drop his 186s off with you so people in Jackson can demo them. I'll send him a new pair in the summer for SA. Shoot me or Sean a pm and we'll talk. Want to talk about your 196s as well. Maybe get you a new pair so you could demo the 96s you have now. Fukkin awesome of Sean to want to leave the skis for others to try and make it work out kinda sweet for everyone while in the middle dealing with his injuries. FKNA, Dood!

I'm no tuning pro like SG and his crew are but my 186 carbons are in great shape and available to use if anyone wants to take them out. I think I mentioned this before but they are mounted with Dukes for a 317bsl. I will be sinking some 916's into the 196 carbons when they arrive. Harder to fit people in those but if it works they will also be around.

Take my advice, (and that of the rest of the reviewers), just buy some. You'll be super stoked!

Took the 186s out in the tight trees with 2-3-ft. fresh we got here in Slovakia.

Excellent weapon for these conditions and terrain, stable at speed yet very maneuverable when getting in these 'Oh Shit...' situations avoiding lumber. They were a blast to say the least.