Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    I can't, as yet, see how these bindings deal with that. The poster claims three climbing positions but I can't see how that will work also.
    I would guess the same way an alpine binding does - forward pressure...

Quote Originally Posted by BKArmada View Post
    Anyone have any more info on these?
    MSRP?
    Availability timeframe/Release date?

Might have to mount these on some of next years 188 Rubies!

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    thank you for that
    anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by BKArmada View Post
    thank you for that
    anyone else?
    verbier61 actually has the best info on these bindings out of everyone here.

It appears to me that the only thing supporting the toe of the boot are the pins. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

It seems that a sharp landing would blow through that 14 DIN toe really fast, causing a toe release. Or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    even though youre probably right, i think that for trab to have those at ispo, they would be planning to release them earlier than 2011, therefore i believe he was being sarcastic

fuck that looks awesome. the dynafit toes are genius, but the heels are crap
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by f2f View Post
    I appreciate, thanks....
    well, let's say I read italian.
    Of course trab would love to sell thousands and thousands of these bindings in 2010, but they said it will be 2011. Maybe before if everything runs smooooooth, but.....

Fingers crossed that they will somehow have the same hole pattern as Dyna's so we won't all have to re-mount our skis. But if it'll be until '11, then that probabally won't be that big of an issue (i.e. all of our touring skis will be destroyed by then anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan S. View Post
    Question: like on an alpine downhill binding, is the heel unit connected to a spring-loaded track that maintains forward pressure?
    correct me if I´m wrong but if the boot lenght adjustment is 23mm I´d assume it would be a similar track.

Quote Originally Posted by suntoucher View Post
    correct me if I´m wrong but if the boot lenght adjustment is 23mm I´d assume it would be a similar track.
    Not necessarily: the Dynafit Comfort & Vertical ST/FT has a comparable fore/aft length adjustment range, but heel piece is fixed on its track, not floating (as on a typical alpine downhill binding).

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    the dynafit toes are genius, but the heels are crap
    The Dynafit toes are indeed ingenious (even if all the two brothers did was take Ramer’s brilliant design and eliminate the toe-heel connector by substituting the boot via incorporating some of his binding interface into the boot).
    I think the heels are also ingenious: integrating the lateral release function and heel elevator into a heel unit with typical vertical release is amazingly weight-efficient. Plus it actually works (unlike some ideas that are amazing in concept yet less so in the field). But I’ll admit it does have some drawbacks for those into big air or hoping to use the bindings for extended lift-served skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by verbier61 View Post
    Why so fucking late?????

like me in this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    what happened to Shadam this year? Usually by now he is posting drinking reports daily.

Trab heel looks to be a good idea, but why hasn't dynafit figured out that a minute increase in the diameter of those heel pins would result in an enormous increase in strength, and solve a lot of the problems? I doubt they would have to do any more than create a slightly different in-boot heel piece that would be 100% backward compatible with older boots.

As for the toe... should be interesting to see, I doubt if strength/durability will increase, but hopefully releasability will (but don't take my lockout away)
    but I know we can't all stay here forever, so I wanna write my words on the face of today...

Dyna=Onyx=Trab Hole Pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by foreal View Post
    Fingers crossed that they will somehow have the same hole pattern as Dyna's...
    That was my first thought. It'd be great if you could use these on the Dyna skis that already have the holes drilled, or use the Onyx plates for the Dynas and Trabs, or mix and match or...

Probably too much to ask from competing manufacturers.

awake - what strength problems? I've never heard of anyone breaking the heel pins on Dynafits, have you broken them?

Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    awake - what strength problems? I've never heard of anyone breaking the heel pins on Dynafits, have you broken them?
    Really? That's one of the few things I *do* hear of people breaking on that binding. Probably the most common.

Hugh Conway mentioned that he broke two pins last year in [ame="http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174033"]this thread[/ame], and my understanding is that he's not a big dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Maybe it is a problem, but I've skied exclusively on Dynafits for 4 years and have many friends who do the same. I have broken one heel volcano, and one toe pull up tab (impact with a buried gate), but I've never seen broken pins.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox510 View Post
    Maybe it is a problem, but I've skied exclusively on Dynafits for 4 years and have many friends who do the same. I have broken one heel volcano, and one toe pull up tab (impact with a buried gate), but I've never seen broken pins.
    there's at least a half dozen people who've reported breaking pins on this forum. You can call it a problem or believe there's nothing wrong with Dynafits

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    there's at least a half dozen people who've reported breaking pins on this forum. You can call it a problem or believe there's nothing wrong with Dynafits
    If my recolection is correct, don't most people break pins upon landing jumps, especially if in the back seat?

Not saying they are perfect... I know more people who have broken Fritchis, tele bindings, probably just as many who break alpine bindings... Stuff breaks... right back at you..

I broke a Dynafit heel pin on Burnt Stew at Whistler-definitely no jumps involved. The heel piece was about 6 years old at the time and it just broke.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyskier View Post
    I broke a Dynafit heel pin on Burnt Stew at Whistler-definitely no jumps involved. The heel piece was about 6 years old at the time and it just broke.

What kind of skiing is Burnt Stew? Bumps? Groomers?

Flat, groomed green run, skied slowly with Ms. Skinnyskier. I was just skiing along, minding my own business, and all of a sudden...my boot heel comes out of the binding.

More info please. Did the top plate fall off, resulting in an explosion of the heel fixture? Loose screw on boot heel fixture? Other failure?

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    If my recolection is correct, don't most people break pins upon landing jumps, especially if in the back seat?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyskier View Post
    I broke a pin (pair less than a year old) slamming the ski into the ground while standing, to make sure the toe was set because of icing problems.

the pin breaks. nothing blows up, you are just stuck with a binding that won't seat your heel