Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    This ^^^. IME, most stock liners get their stiffness from a plastic plate in the tongue, sometimes in the heel too. Intuitions get it from denser foam everywhere. So a different feel. If you like leaning into that tongue, stick with the stock liner; the Intuition will make your boot feel like falling forward in a cabrio. If you like more precision laterally, more of a neutral feel where the shell is providing the flex, hard to beat an Intuition. They're notably warmer too, even the thin stiff versions like the PW Plug.

Hey Guys,
    i molded some power wraps for my boots and they do feel great, except in the back of cuff.
    They hurt like hell even with the slightest backseat landing or tailpress.
    Is there a way to soften up the liner?
    Thanks

Just got some MTN Explores, feel a bit soft, but if I stick the Powerwrap liner in they feel much better. Not far off my Cochise 110 with the Powerwrap. However the range of motion is pretty reduced.

How much would the Pro tour stiffen the boot? Not as much as the Powerwrap I am sure but maybe a bit over the stock liner?

How would Pro Tours fit Dynafit Mercuries? Are they a decent upgrade over the stock liners?

I need to replace mine anyway as I just discovered the other day that I have worn holes in them (the fabric, exposed plastic) around the ankles. Used them somewhere between 100 and 150 days, I would guess. Shells are still in decent shape.

I had pro tours in my Vulcans. I really felt that they are major upgrades. Better fit. Similar tourability.

Yes, the pro tour liners are light years better. As per Intuition's suggestion when I went there to discuss/choose my liner, I sized up on my liners and it was definitely the right choice.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Great, thanks! How well do they fit in the shells compared to the original liners?

I'm still amazed I could wear holes in the original liners after only 100-150 days of use.

I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'll give it a shot. When you get the intuitions and mold them, they mold to the inside of the shells as well as to your feet, so I would say that they fit really well.

I just read a comment from a guy somewhere that he had problems with getting the liner to fit properly in his shells. I'm not exactly sure what he meant by that.

Do the Pro Tours pack a larger volume than the stock liners? Harder to get in/out? I guess it doesn't matter. I can get them at a good price, so I think I'll just go with these.

Adrgha, sethschmautz, how does the pro tour effect the skiability and stiffness of the Vulcan and Mercury compared to the stock liner? I love my pro tours in my tlt6 and need to make my mercuries warmer, but I also use my mercuries while charging at a resort during side country missions. I am wondering how the pro tour will compare to a intuition wrap liner in my Mercury.

IME if you have a high instep the tongued intuition liners may be too tight of a fit over the instep so I couldn't use them while the power wraps will always work

If you wonder what size liner to use in what boot check with the fitters at intuition.com
    Last edited by XXX-er; 07-14-2016 at 04:42 PM.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

What would touring in Power Wraps be like? Too stiff?

Also, I have Mercuries in mondo 26. I guess that means the shells are 26.5, and that I should size up to 27 on the Pro Tours? Sounds large...
    Last edited by Adrgha; 07-14-2016 at 02:35 PM.

Good god, just contact Intuition, as XXX said - they will guide you in the right direction.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    What would touring in Power Wraps be like? Too stiff?

Also, I have Mercuries in mondo 26. I guess that means the shells are 26.5, and that I should size up to 27 on the Pro Tours? Sounds large...
    NO

Dynafit break on the full size (if thats what you are asking?) so 26 and 26.5 are the same shell with a slightly different but still extremely shitty liner

its ONLY Scarpa that breaks on the half size so 25.5 and 26 would be the same shell

PW's are not too stiff IME but if you want to use one of the tongued liners and you wonder how to size just ask Intuition, IME they know everything about fitting intuition liners
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Anything new from Intuition for 16/17. Basically, I have a very average forefoot maybe a little on the narrow side and thin ankles and lower leg. My resort boots are Technica 130 Cochise Pros that the liners are packed out but shells are still in great shape. I guess a good option is Power wrap plus but maybe others? Additionally, need a good bootfitter around Truckee/Tahoe as I think a HW liner will be tricky to mold and have it done right. THANKS

^^ I have the same boot as you, and was unable to get the Intuition liners I tried to work. Just too damn tight, as in, I could not get my feet into the boots. I tried the Dreamliner MV and LV.

Quote Originally Posted by Quadzilla View Post
    Anything new from Intuition for 16/17. Basically, I have a very average forefoot maybe a little on the narrow side and thin ankles and lower leg. My resort boots are Technica 130 Cochise Pros that the liners are packed out but shells are still in great shape. I guess a good option is Power wrap plus but maybe others? Additionally, need a good bootfitter around Truckee/Tahoe as I think a HW liner will be tricky to mold and have it done right. THANKS
    Olympic Bootworks just before the Squaw parking lot. I got PW's there. Great guys, great followup for tweaks. They don't do appointments--first come first serve. I have skinny ankles and very skinny heels and calf. The PW's worked for me, in a boot that was on the comfort fit side with the stock liners.

Another option would be going to a tongued boot with a low volume tongue and see whether that works. What is your mondo? Maybe pick up a Scarpa Intuition liner for cheap on SaC next go round to try it out?
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

^^^ Interesting comment. Due to a major f'up on my part, I was forced to use my Scrapa Maestrale Intuition liners in my Cochise boots for a weekend. They worked OK, but I had to take out the footbeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    ^^^ Interesting comment. Due to a major f'up on my part, I was forced to use my Scrapa Maestrale Intuition liners in my Cochise boots for a weekend. They worked OK, but I had to take out the footbeds.
    Due to volume? You may be able to find some super thin ones to support you. I have rode seasons without footbeds, but I am thinking I need to go back to having some this year.

You may also have luck finding one of the lighter dynafit liners and shoving those in your Cochise. Not sure where you could find them, but I see them for sale on eBay periodically. Maybe try it in your local ski shop, then get what worked out?
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Regular PW will work just fine. If you want to take up more volume use the size larger PW which many do in that boot anyway due to the odd bsl (I don't)

Thanks, looks like a reg PW is the way to go and if I do that I will probably just go to Bobos as they stock those and should be straight forward. Going with a HV liner would be way more tricky to fit and just not up to making multiple trips to Squaw to do this. I think I just need to pull the liners out of the boots, stick my feet in there and see how the shell fit actually is. When I played with my boots at the end of last year, I have a box full of liners from different projects and I did find that I had a pair of Deeluxe wrap liners that fit fine but they are too soft. Deeluxe used to make skiboot liners but now only for snowboard boots. So anyway, I'll figure it out..........

Cosmo is a great long time North Lake Tahoe boot fitter who now works out of his house. PM me if you want his contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    Cosmo is a great long time North Lake Tahoe boot fitter who now works out of his house. PM me if you want his contact info.
    Well, Cosmo was my primary boot guy for years and I like him personally and hope he is doing well. I think he is a excellent boot guy for Alpine boots. WTBS, the last few times I went to him the work was subpar and he didn't show for a appointment. So, for me I think I will just go to bobo's and work with Paul. He has done all the Masterfit training and bobo's has all the tools/liners/parts for doing boot work. They sell more skiboots than anybody and fit many skiers. They also back what they do without any bullshit. So, for Alpine boots I will go with them, as far as my touring boots, right now they fit great and I will fit them myself.........

Well, Cosmo was my primary boot guy for years and I like him personally and hope he is doing well. I think he is a excellent boot guy for Alpine boots. WTBS, the last few times I went to him the work was subpar and he didn't show for a appointment. So, for me I think I will just go to bobo's and work with Paul. He has done all the Masterfit training and bobo's has all the tools/liners/parts for doing boot work. They sell more skiboots than anybody and fit many skiers. They also back what they do without any bullshit. So, for Alpine boots I will go with them, as far as my touring boots, right now they fit great and I will fit them myself.........
    Cosmo did footbeds for me a while back. A couple of years ago I went to him for Intuitions. It was late season and he would have had to order, but he pulled a pair of liners out of new boots for me to try--they didn't do the job and he didn't charge me when I returned them, then did some tweaks to my existing that didn't work, for free. Last year I went to him for buckles--he had moved again, upstairs from his old shop, the other offices looked like lawyers' offices, and he wanted cash because he didn't have a bank account or something (taxes?). So things seem strange with him. Too bad.