Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
    A little side step to another topic on the PW liners.

I recently molded some PW liners and replaced an older tongue style liner and the fit is great, ski great, warm etc. However, the PW have now softened up the overall flex of the boot, which I am not as happy with. I may get used to it but is there any way to stiffen up a PW liner? Allready have Boosters and I'm thinking of putting the original straps back on the boots and also the Boosters. Thanks...
    What boot are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBound View Post
    I spoke with Crystal at Intuition today, they are so cool! THey are sending me a pair of Power wraps (which she says are different from the gold Id's- similar but not the same) and a pair fo Luxury's. I will return one pair. i am actually headed out to Jhole and will have Skiing in Jackson- Stephan fit them up. Wild4umauts, I posted my specs in #92 but Il moros'. I think the PW is going to work well as I like the wrap design better as well and they are 12mm as oppose to 9mm. Regardless, props to Intuition for stepping up and helping out.
    The 12mm is THICK - for me with a really tight shell fit I could not get a 12mm density to work in my boots. So it really depends on your shell fit if this is going to work for you.

Of course Intuition's customer service is pretty much legendary at this point and they will go to great lengths to help you out (they did the same for me and sent multiple liners for testing).

I just re-read your #92 post on your specs. I hate to say it, but I think you're in the wrong boot if you have a thinner ankle/achilles area. The Flexon/Full Tilt is lower volume through this area compared to the Krypton/Il Moro (I own both - personal experience). Maybe the 12mm density will do the trick for you, but it's always preferred to have a better shell fit than to try to make up for it with a liner or other gizmos. The 12mm may work for you in the ankle area, but become a problem everywhere else in the boot.

Note that I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and I'm not a boot fitter. Just another skier who's been through the gamut of boot fitting trials and tribulations like many others around here.

Quote Originally Posted by BoatBound View Post
    I spoke with Crystal at Intuition today, they are so cool! THey are sending me a pair of Power wraps (which she says are different from the gold Id's- similar but not the same) and a pair fo Luxury's. I will return one pair. i am actually headed out to Jhole and will have Skiing in Jackson- Stephan fit them up. Wild4umauts, I posted my specs in #92 but Il moros'. I think the PW is going to work well as I like the wrap design better as well and they are 12mm as oppose to 9mm. Regardless, props to Intuition for stepping up and helping out.
    As I was reading that quote I thought, "Is this guy's user name really wild-4-ur-nauts?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild4umlauts View Post
    What boot are you in?
    An older Tecnica Explosion 8...yeah I know they are ancient but still like the way they ski.

Much thanks and i think will have to oppty to to try the FT's on next week. i am getting fit by Stephen aka Skiing-in-Jackson and I am pretty sure he sells the FT's. We'll see what happens, but thanks for all the help and you are right about not filling the shell with liner and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild4umlauts View Post
    The 12mm is THICK - for me with a really tight shell fit I could not get a 12mm density to work in my boots. So it really depends on your shell fit if this is going to work for you.

Of course Intuition's customer service is pretty much legendary at this point and they will go to great lengths to help you out (they did the same for me and sent multiple liners for testing).

I just re-read your #92 post on your specs. I hate to say it, but I think you're in the wrong boot if you have a thinner ankle/achilles area. The Flexon/Full Tilt is lower volume through this area compared to the Krypton/Il Moro (I own both - personal experience). Maybe the 12mm density will do the trick for you, but it's always preferred to have a better shell fit than to try to make up for it with a liner or other gizmos. The 12mm may work for you in the ankle area, but become a problem everywhere else in the boot.

Note that I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night and I'm not a boot fitter. Just another skier who's been through the gamut of boot fitting trials and tribulations like many others around here.

Got the Pwer Wraps, Heated them up using the rice method and did a half-decent job of fitting. I will have Stephen do it the right way but the fit is great: no spaces, no gaps. No comparison to the Stock Gold Id's. The Power Wrap is a much better liner for sure. Skied them on Sunday. Can't beleive the difference. Again, much thanks to Crystal @ Intuition.

I didn't see mention of Intuition newer tongued liners, so I thought I would post it here.
    I've got 26.0 BD Factors.
    Alpine Powerwraps left too much volume in my ankle area.
    Tried Luxury liner and Pro Tours (lace up liner)
    Both of these liners (medium volume) were way too much liner in the forefoot.

Intuition said that they had another liner (race type) which is lower volume foam in the forefoot and higher volume foam in the ankle area so I'll be trying those.

FX liner is the race liner with softer foam (flexalon)
    HD liner is the race liner with denser foam

Call Intuition or email them to get the info
    Aggressive in my own mind

whorehey - i put up a review of the Tongues liners on wildsnow

http://www.wildsnow.com/2542/intuiti...ners/#comments

Got a pair of the FXliners too

My problem:

The "alpine" liners that I have in my Zzero boots get packed out in the heel area right behind my narrow, bony foot where it presses against the shell while skinning. The problem was worse with Megarides last year but it's still managed to pack out in that same spot after about 30 more days. (I had the same liner in the megarides for ~20 days and re-molded them for these boots in the fall.)

The spot on the liner is super thin now and doesn't cushion my heel from the shell. It was better when freshly molded but now hurts when I make a hard turn. Are there only tricks for this other than fully re-molding the liner and thus making it lower volume overall which is not what I want. If I heat up just that area of the foam will it re-thicken itself? Should I try just adding dense foam to the outside of the liner, there?

To be fair, I had the same problem with some older Raichle thermo liners, but it was even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by srsosbso View Post
    ...The low volume liners are a great fit for my foot below the ankle. However, there is not enough volume in the cuff... I think maybe a liner with a low volume lower and higher volume upper might have worked. Oh, and the folks at intuition HQ were awesome.
    I am quoting myself, which is of course unbelievably gay.

Anyway, I wanted to follow-up on this. I emailed Rob and Crystal at intuition, explained my dilemna, and asked if they could recommend some sort of foam product I might wrap around the cuff to take up some volume. They replied as follows:

"We can send you some foam to beef up the cuff of the Low volume liners, and a 26 in our new FX/HD Race liners to try out. They have low volume foot with a beefy cuff."

Is this not unreal?

The liners and foam arrived this week. The FX/HD liners are as described and are very stiff. I think they will be a perfect match for the Factors, which are a bit wide open in the cuff, and not as stiff as advertised.

Oh, and because I am too lazy to build a thing like Yooper to do the oven bake home fitting, I decided to go the rice-route. First crack, I had trouble getting the sock-full-o'-rice to slide all the way into the liner and as a consequence the fit was good in the heel area but not so great in the toes. So I decided to do it again and go free-form with the rice. I heated the rice (Basmati- yum!) in a micro-wave friendly container (safety first!) and after the allotted five minutes I just poured it in, a bit at a time, shaking the boot to get the rice well into the front of the boot, which was as easy as you might imagine. After seven minutes I just poured the rice out, banged the boots a couple of times on the dining room table (sorry, honey!) to get any straggler grains out, and inserted my foot for fitting as per the usual instructions/technique. Seems to have worked just fine, and was pretty easy, though I still have to sweep the kitchen.

I just got a pair of dallbello surge ski boots ,an overlap boot in a 110 flex

they come stock with intuitions,the list price is 700$ and I got em for 650$ at fanatyk in whistler who did a great job on the molding ...really happy with them

Dallbello calls them the ID thermo Orange which has the higher density foam but they look just like the power wraps

"We can send you some foam to beef up the cuff of the Low volume liners, and a 26 in our new FX/HD Race liners to try out. They have low volume foot with a beefy cuff."

Is this not unreal?
    Yes, in today's age of seriously lacking customer service from just about every company on the planet this is unreal, and oh so appreciated.

Rob & Crystal - if you're reading this the liners you sent me to try are in the mail. It turns out the Typhoons were just too cavernous so I sold them.
    Who cares how the crow flies

First crack, I had trouble getting the sock-full-o'-rice to slide all the way into the liner and as a consequence the fit was good in the heel area but not so great in the toes. So I decided to do it again and go free-form with the rice. I heated the rice (Basmati- yum!) in a micro-wave friendly container (safety first!) and after the allotted five minutes I just poured it in, a bit at a time, shaking the boot to get the rice well into the front of the boot, which was as easy as you might imagine.
    When I re-re-moulded I went with less rice in the nylon sock since there's no reason to fill the boot to the top. Nylons are stretchy so that helps too.
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

So I have a pair of Scarpa Proto Intuition liners. They are fairly thin, and rigid in the same places the power wrap is, I would say they are the equivalent of a power wrap.

Anyways, the last three weeks, I work on the mountain, and ski almost every day im not working as well, I've had terrible pain in the middle of my outside shin (peroneus longus). I've been working with my bootfitter to alleviate the issue. Softening the plastic, heel lift, going one down on a booster strap. All to some relief but nothing substanial. He has remarked that he thought my intuitions were uber thin and rigid, ie low volume in the points that were hurting me, thus giving me very little protection from the plastic of the boot. He showed me an alpine liner in the store and it does seem to be a bit thicker, although softer. Is there any thought that stepping down from a power wrap to a alpine might provide a little more cushion around the outside of my shins...

I can't really afford new boots, but don't want to throw good money after bad...

I'm in lange freeride 110s...the lange heel and lower foot fit great...i have lange feet so to speak, fwiw....
    Last edited by volklpowdermaniac; 02-27-2010 at 05:32 PM.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

How do I dry them after skiing
    real wet and they are not drying after pulling them at night
    not supposed to use dryers on them so ???
    Help appreciated
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Do you have a drier that just blows room temp air?
    That would be the way to go.

You need one of these. Dries the wettest boots in about an hour. Built with an air mattress inflator, various plumbing parts and some used shop vac hoses. Kix ass.
    Silent....but shredly.

I'm surprised the motor on the matress inflator doesn't blow out after running for an hour... they definately aren't designed for that.

Nice McGuyvering, though.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    . He has remarked that he thought my intuitions were uber thin and rigid, ie low volume in the points that were hurting me, thus giving me very little protection from the plastic of the boot. He showed me an alpine liner in the store and it does seem to be a bit thicker, although softer. Is there any thought that stepping down from a power wrap to a alpine might provide a little more cushion around the outside of my shins...
    the 1st day in mine I did 5 or 6 hrs of side stepping up and down the DH course and another 2 or 3 hrs the next day ... no open wounds or pain other than what would be termed normal fatigue for that amount of work

according to boot fitters in 2 different shops I have a dalbello foot

whyturn ,I find intuitions dry over night no problem ,I was putting them on a window above a baseboard heater or on top of the clothes dryer but they seem to dry pretty quick

have you tried a spray anti perspirent for your feet ,I was doing that earlier this season , a side benefit is your feet will stink less

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    So I have a pair of Scarpa Proto Intuition liners. They are fairly thin, and rigid in the same places the power wrap is, I would say they are the equivalent of a power wrap.

Anyways, the last three weeks, I work on the mountain, and ski almost every day im not working as well, I've had terrible pain in the middle of my outside shin (peroneus longus). I've been working with my bootfitter to alleviate the issue. Softening the plastic, heel lift, going one down on a booster strap. All to some relief but nothing substanial. He has remarked that he thought my intuitions were uber thin and rigid, ie low volume in the points that were hurting me, thus giving me very little protection from the plastic of the boot. He showed me an alpine liner in the store and it does seem to be a bit thicker, although softer. Is there any thought that stepping down from a power wrap to a alpine might provide a little more cushion around the outside of my shins...

I can't really afford new boots, but don't want to throw good money after bad...

I'm in lange freeride 110s...the lange heel and lower foot fit great...i have lange feet so to speak, fwiw....
    Write to Intuition ask ask if they can send you some foam sheets to fix up the thin spot that is causing you pain. It would take a bit of work but is worth a try before going to a new liner.

I just ordered 27 plugs for my 26 Dalbello Rampages, as Intuition recommended, we'll see how they work.

Built this out of a HD fan I had laying around.
    It'll dry four pairs of boots and four pairs of gloves in an hour or so with room temp air

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    How do I dry them after skiing
    real wet and they are not drying after pulling them at night
    not supposed to use dryers on them so ???
    Help appreciated
    Says who? I use a Peets portable dryer which is just a heater (no fan). The measured temperature (in the boot) is 45C which is a little over body temp (37C) and a long way from the moulding temp (100C). The Intuition foam is closed cell so they don't absorb water (or sweat).
    If you have a problem & think that someone else is going to solve it for you then you have two problems.

I think its actualy the cover material of the foam that gets wet but I find intuitions dry really quickly

overnight even without any heat seems to work IME

I'm looking at some FTs with intuition. I have the right shell size (27.0- 310bsl) but faced with the choice of 27.0 or 27.5...was there a consensus of bigger versus smaller when the shell size is the same, and the intuition liner is half size difference (i.e. when buying new dalbellos or FTs). I tend to have wierd nooks and crannys along my lower legs and ankles that get sloppy in a boot when it becomes packed out...

I know I read a few people debating whether to go with the smaller intuition or the larger one...but can't seem to find the thread or how it was settled...

I am not talking about sizing up to a liner from or for a different shell size, only trying to choose between a 27.0 and 27.5
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.