Small hairline fracture healing time

as i am typing with 1 hand i will keep this short. i just got disgnosed with with a likely hairline crack in my right collarbone. i know the story on the full compound break from my left 2 years ago. what is the difference in recovery time? my dr did't want to commit to snything and wants to wait for the ortho who isn't in until thurs. he did sling up the arm pretty good though so typing is a bitch
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

Well, it will depend on the size and shape of the crack. I just had a full break on my left collar bone and was told 8 weeks until skiing, by a doctor (who I confirmed) has only skied once in his life. From what I can gather, you should be able to get back on snow in three weeks for hippy turns and mellow groomers. Because your bone is in one piece you mostly need to worry about further trauma as opposed to diplacement. Around six weeks you should be going strong.

For me I expect to be on groomers in 5 weeks. I just booked a trip to visit my mom in Florida between 3.5-4.5 weeks to keep me away from temptation. I don't expect to doing any more hard pack hucking this year, but if we get mid April powder, I hope to drop smaller hips.

The biggest thing is - don't fall. Additional trauma will significantly change your situation. If you are ansy, try snow shoeing or in a week or two, you should be good for some melow skinning. I'm still on the movie regime for a week. A little walking and cooking is keeping me sane. If you are employed, dive into work for a few weeks and please that boss. Soon you will need to take a powder day off...

How long did it take for the compound to heal?

Thanks

I figure I can hit groomers in a week or two and avoid more trauma. As to the work thing, this is the tragedy. i am between jobs and was skiing every day. I probably start again in 2 or 3 weeks so the timing of this sucks balls.

I was skiing 5 weeks after surgery and 6 after the injury. I was park sking in 8 weeks.

www.poachninja.com

Park in 8 - that gives me hope of being able to ski again this season.

I am in a similiar boat - not currently working. Getting bored. Went from feeling great about not having a job, to teh suc. Anyway, best of luck to you. I look forward to getting on some groomers myself.

Last time around, did you have morning soreness in the shoulder that went away by mid day. My shoulder ultimately feels better/ more mobile each day - but continues to be tight/sore after getting out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Park in 8 - that gives me hope of being able to ski again this season.

I am in a similiar boat - not currently working. Getting bored. Went from feeling great about not having a job, to teh suc. Anyway, best of luck to you. I look forward to getting on some groomers myself.

Last time around, did you have morning soreness in the shoulder that went away by mid day. My shoulder ultimately feels better/ more mobile each day - but continues to be tight/sore after getting out of bed.
    Yes, mornings were hell. Getting out of bed was the hardest part of the day but things got better into the day. The first week, however, I couldn't even sleep in a bed and I had to sleep in a chair. Right now, having just got up (I am in Japan's time zone) I am feeling the morning pain again.

www.poachninja.com

First time checking in here.

So I'm about 3 weeks into a fractured clavicle, in terms of healing time. Sleeping is still tough, and it is painful in the early am/late pm.

Cyclocross season is starting, and it's my go-to shoulder for carrying the bike.

I'm wondering if there's any chance at being good-to-go before 6 weeks?

Probably not a fantastic idea to be shouldering the bike while running just yet?

Also - any tips for making sleep more comfortable? I'm getting tired.