Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I'm giving away a spot in tomorrow's Str8line camp

There is still space left so I'd like to offer up a spot to someone who would benefit from/like to attend, but who otherwise could not afford to do something like this. I know it's late and that makes it a viable option only for someone either from Utah or nearby, but if there is a maggot or someone who a maggot knows and would like to hook up let me know. As long as the attendee is at minimum a strong advanced skier they qualify.

You would have to pay for three days of lift tickets at Snowbird(unless you have a pass of course), but there are appetizers and drinks provided the first two nights and you would just need money for lunch and about $10/night for pizza, etc. which we will all pitch in on.

I want to learn to be a strong advanced skier, but to be at a camp this is a pre req.

Hope someone can do this, maybe one day for me......

Good on ya Gordy!

that is so cool of you, Gordy. Hope someone benefits from this!

i would/could (and really need to) do this, but the kicker is I can't really afford the snowbird tix
    although damn, liftopia makes it pretty cheap.

the only other excuse I got is that my legs would freakin fall off from all that vert i'm not used to.
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

I would love the opportunity to do this. I grew up skiing at beaver mountain and am now newly married, working 2 jobs in the local shop and waiting tables at night and striving to find more time to ski and just happen to have a weekend to do whatever I want. I can afford to pitch in for drinks and pizza at the end of the night and have access to passes. I live in logan but have accommodations in salt lake.
    I dont know what else to say other than I would love the opportunity to ski with Gordy and the salt lake crew.
    Thanks
    -duker

PS. If i get the chance everyone in the camp gets a I'd Rather be riding beaver or I heart Beaver sticker.
    Last edited by Duker; 01-22-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by str8line View Post
    You would have to pay for three days of lift tickets at Snowbird.
    .... wtf?? no Alta days???

it's always fun to heckle you and the crew standing around when there is pow to ski
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

I've been having some boot issues this year, which have been hindering my skiing, so I'm sure there are people that could make better use of this than myself right now, but I'm in town and can get free day tickets to the bird, so if no one else steps up to the plate by tonight, pm me where and when to meet tomorrow and I'm there.

EDIT: Duker posted while I was typing, go ahead and give it to him, I'm sure he'll make better use of it than me right now.
    Last edited by leroy jenkins; 01-22-2009 at 12:27 PM.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

You better PM Gordy pronto, Duker.
    Quote Originally Posted by bptempleton View Post
    tit ass balls. that's a better sig. or fucktardnutz. YOU MUST NOW CHOOSE!!!!

Oh yeah, that would be fun. But I already had one free camp for the first ever camp so it probably wouldn't be fair.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    I nominate Trackhead just cause I want to see him ride a chairlift
    ZZZ gets my vote fair or not due to quailty/quanity of his posts.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

sfb, can you make it? You got a load of nominations in the last free camp thread.
    dayglo aerobic enthusiast

I'll be there super stoked and honered to attend, but no Alta days how will we get to wolverine from snowbird???.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Thanks for the vote SFB, but I'll have to vote for you for the numerous stoke posts and the many mags that I know you've hooked up with tickets/tours/tunes.

Duker's story is good, but SFB has hooked me up in SLC in the past...
    So my vote's with SFB.

One of you Utards needs to grab this. Buzz...you don't have to be a stud to do the camp. I prove that and have been 2x.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    One of you Utards needs to grab this. Buzz...you don't have to be a stud to do the camp. I prove that and have been 2x.
    Do it buzz leave those bluehouses at home and we'll put ya on bros and your level gets bumped X2
    I'm voting for an Alta day cause I stood in line for hours for a 1/2 pricer at the donate a coat shit show. Otherwise I'll be skinning under the tram or selling gear in the parking lot Sun.

Buzz or sfb would be deserving on community stoke/contributions alone!

Trackhead...

He's been avoiding them resorts for far too long...
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

PM sent. Though I'll second the Trackhead vote.

^^^^ If you can go I'll nominate you on the strength of that Cambell TR
    and the strong work in McRoons unfortunate incident

If this opportunity presents itself for the Feb camp, I would be honored and would attend in a heartbeat. I really would like to learn to ski better and get off the snowboard more. I practice what I read about what other campers have learned and try to practice that at the other canyon.

Honestly, I can't do this camp as my daughter turns 4 on Saturday and as a Dad, I simply won't miss that. She only turns 4 once. My dad missed some of my bdays and I still have not so great memories of that.

I do appreciate the encouragement though and the offer to get on some Bros!

I am going to have to vote for SFB or Duker. SFB has been a friend that gives selflessly to any and all that are stoked about skiing. He does things for people and won't take anything in return. One of the worlds best people IMHO.

Duker and I have never met, yet we shared a similar mountain for years and then he went on his mission. It sounds like he is starting a new chapter in his life and is working very hard to start his adult life.

gordy you are the man... thats awsome. Wish I was in town I had to fly back for some business but I will catch up with at the next camp.
    @EdgeLinkJohn

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ^^^^ If you can go I'll nominate you on the strength of that Cambell TR
    and the strong work in McRoons unfortunate incident
    Oh, I can go alright. Fri and Sat free and there's no way a scheduled evening of polishing skis on sunday will get in the way.

Woops, I meant two days at Snowbird and one at Alta. Don't worry Xover, your cackle will be heard.

Skifishbum already has his spot, this is in addition to his.

I'm about to read the PM's...

O.K., let's go for two people, there is enough space and I think these two are worthy.

Gnarwhale is the first based on the strength of his Campbell Icefield TR alone, but also because he is a long-time maggot, and because of this PM, which I hope he doesn't mind me posting:

"Hey Gordy-

I just saw the thread on this weekend's Straightline camp. I would bet you have a full PM box about now with requests but I'll give it a go anyhow.

I've been skiing since I was a kid growing up in the midwest. College brought me to Montana and bla-blah-blah, eight years later I'm living the perpetual weekend. I guide mountaineering courses in the summer, tune skis at night all winter, and travel in between.

Here's why my bank account is in the low-end of tripple digits right now: http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148329

I've never had formal ski instruction, never been on a team, never been coached.

I have been on TGR since 2004 and powmag for a bit before that. One of the big reasons I was drawn to this silly place is the hope of finding mentors: despite all the jackassery there are a lot of folks quietly charging away. And I have had the opportunity to meet and ski with mags who have way more experience and skill than me and so I stick around.

I'd be stoked to be considered a candidate for the camp this weekend.

Tally ho,

Jim"

I especially like that he loves to ski yet has never had any formal instruction. He should improve a ton.

The second is Duker, who also is doing whatever it takes to ski, which I can relate to from my days of working in the restaurant industry to feed the habit. He has also been a maggot since the age of 17, which is cool. Plus, he's Mormon which leaves more bourbon for me.

We're meeting tomorrow morning at 8:30 on the tram plaza fella's. My cell number is (801) 557-1080. E-mail me at gordy100@msn.com and I'll forward you the logistics e-mail for the camp.

To the others who wanted a spot, including Buzz, who would have been first choice had he not been such a great dad, and Skiguide, who has offered me her help before, I hope I can offer up more spots in the future.
    Last edited by str8line; 01-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.