Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Your Mom apparently could have used this new device.

[/mom joke]

If you don't care about a little discoloration of the white, may I suggest baking eggs for hard cooking. Way better than boiling. Place a dozen in muffin pan, put in 325 for 30 minutes and ice bath. Perfect-o hard cooked eggs, super creamy!
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

I still don't eat anything that comes out of a chicken's ass.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Not actually.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Someone had fun telling you that one. I love eggs. I have to have them at least 2-3 times a week, preferably with a side of bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Not actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Someone had fun telling you that one.
    Eggs and shit come out of the same opening, which contributes to the presence of Salmonella on eggs.

Systemoverblow'd: ever use an electric egg cooker? Much more energy-friendly than the oven. BTW - pierce the larger end of the shell before cooking and you won't have the discoloration - it helps the sulfur escape while cooking.

No. The oviduct is sealed off from the cloaca. Eggs come out sterile but there is often chicken shit near them

Only one rule, eggs for one meal a day only. I mostly follow that. My cholesterol is low and I've never worried about it.

First thing mom taught me how to cook (how enlightened -- no she had 5 kids...) was scrambled eggs and I've been doing it since.

Good weeps when you pull out the yolk. It's like a sky without stars. They are their own yin and yang.

Eggs don't come out of an ass, they come out of a shell.

When in doubt, put an egg on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    I think they just made this whole drawing up. But I love the names: Magnum, Isthmus, Infundibulum, Neatokeenoium.

I probably already replied to this thread but....

I'm an egg guy. I like 2 medium boiled eggs on weekday mornings, cut them in half, add some hotsauce. Usually do this with a yogurt or oatmeal.

On the weekends I mix it up.

- Omelets - I don't make the traditional french way. I just fry all the long cooking fillings in a my 8" nonstick, throw some beat eggs in, cheese and fast cooking fillings on top. Cover and heat to low.
    - Poached eggs over whatever leftover veggies you have in fridge.
    - Over easy with potatoes and bacon or sausage. The classic. I grate my potatoes with a cheese grater, then squeeze out all the potato juice (the key), throw them in a medium hot skillet, let them cook through, then put it on high to crisp them off.
    - Breakfast taco with over medium egg, salsa, avo, cheese, beans, etc...

Some lessons learned:
    - I have had best luck with the "second cheapest" 8" nonstick skillet from a kitchen supply/warehouse stores. They will cost you like $8 and last longer than the $16 one at target or the $40 one at sur la table.
    - I use a safflower oil with eggs not olive oil. It has a higher smoke point and doesn't turn your eggs green and add the olive taste.... Obviously, when going big I use buttah or bacon grease!
    - 8 min from boil for perfect medium boiled eggs.
    - Brown eggs are from brown chickens, brown chickens eat more, brown eggs cost more. PERIOD.

Oh and nothing beats a good bene' on a sunday at 11am when the girl is wearing a sundress and your drinking quality mimosas
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

what in the mags experience is the best way to get a hardboiled egg to peel perfectly?some of them slide out of the shell and others are a disaster. we get the eggs at a farmers market, so are fairly certain they're fresh

Older eggs are better for hard boiled. Buy them a week or two before you plan on cooking them. I keep a rack in the fridge while I use others and keep them on rotation.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

so they're too fresh is my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    so they're too fresh is my problem?
    yep......

We get a choice of colors

Many sunday nights I make 3-5 days of breakfast burritos (scrambled + bacon + cheddar + hash browns + salsa) and throw them in the fridge/freezer. They're best when I can import some green chile and tortillas from Frontier in Albuquerque.

How can there be six pages of egg talk, and not one mention off eggs benedict.
    Fresh hollandaise with plenty of cayenne, bacon ( all be it canadian ), poached eggs and a muffin.
    FKNA

Havin' a ball
    With cholesterol
    Root Boy Slim

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Oh and nothing beats a good bene' on a sunday at 11am when the girl is wearing a sundress and your drinking quality mimosas
    Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Not possible....
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Fresh hollandaise with plenty of cayenne, bacon ( all be it canadian ), poached eggs and a muffin.
    FKNA

Havin' a ball
    With cholesterol
    Root Boy Slim
    I like eggs benedict. I LOVE poached eggs and hollandaise over crab meat sauteed in butter.

Try using rendered bacon fat instead of butter in hollandaise. Squeeze of lemon and cream cheese S/P. Whisk the piss out of it for a good 10-15 minutes until it becomes frothy. Key to a monster hollandaise is whisking it until you get lots of air into the sauce so it froths up and makes a dense foam of super fine hollandaise air bubbles. Complete emulsification of yolk and fat.
    Check out the 67C egg, the Arzak egg, Wiley Dufresne of WD-50's Benedict, and the Ko Egg from Momofuku.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    No. The oviduct is sealed off from the cloaca. Eggs come out sterile but there is often chicken shit near them
    I stand corrected.

This is pretty close to what I heard (and I guess misinterpreted.)

Eggs can be contaminated by S. Enteritidis on the outer shell or inside the egg. Passage of the egg
    through the contaminated cloaca or contamination with environmentally present Salmonella
    bacteria can cause outer shell contamination.
    http://www.abef.com.br/seminario/008.pdf
    Last edited by Tippster; 09-18-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Bump

Yup, 15-20 a week here. Delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers
    That's how the plague started back in the day...from a little disgusting bird bath in someones back yard that rats made sex to birds in and created a whole new type of AIDS

We have 20 chickens. Adding another couple dozen chicks and some ducks this spring,

Still love them but two kids later and now I'm snipped, so no more fertilization for me.