Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Holy shit, that sounds like a tough course for the skiers and boarders, much less the sitskiers. You are an ANIMAL for going for it on a course like that. Respect. It sounds like a catch-22 because you need speed to clear the gaps yet maybe you need less speed on the whoops? Or could you possibly keep enough speed to clear all of the gaps and double all of the whoops?

Best of luck. Ski smart and have fun.

Does your shock have a rebound adjustment? I ask cause it looks like a Curnutt (or similar) that you'd find on a DH bike w/the exception that it's a longer stroke length. Suspension has come a long way in bikes; mainly DH. Maybe Curnutt (made by Foes bikes) or Fox would be willing to build one for you. Or a side company like Hippy Tech or PUSH would work on fixing the rebound. Suspension is an interesting science. ttyl, Aceman

Add me to the list of inspired and in awe of what you are doing. I'll be screaming at the tv.

out of all the events, this is the only one I don't want to miss

I won't be able to watch, but I'll be thinking good thoughts for you. It sounds like survival is the key to success...

Fingers crossed! Best wishes!

FUCKING KILL!!!

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

a truly memorable and inspirational thread.

red bull = 'tussin

good luck. FKNA. we'll be watching.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

... this thread is FKNA awesome like the "old days" as Str8linemthrfkr said.

For the love of God though, would some Aspen mag show up with a warm breakfast for Mr. SitSki tomorrow a.m. at the back of his van ....

Git after it, but ski smart Sitski and don't be tempted by some Buttermilk Ho to blow your wad to early; save your best for last!!!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

FKNA, Andy!

More skis are on their way to you, including the Steamboat 192s. (plus more 195s)
    You break them all, if that's what it takes, Bro.

And ShredHead, Idris will be running a little late because he's gathering Andy's 192s in Steamboat tomorrow night. I gave him money for a hotel, which he might use, since he'll be in Steamboat at 11 o'clock tomorrow night.

I love this thread! FUCKING KILL IT, DOOD.

Everything about this is bad ass. Good luck, rock out with your cock out, and FKNA kill that course. Make the crazy work FOR you not AGAINST you. And forget that tramp Sarah Burke, hit on Kristi Leskinen...way hotter. I will be pullin for ya man!

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I love this thread! FUCKING KILL IT, DOOD.
    exactly!

best luck to you man!

freak~[&]

damn you are crushing those boards! hopefully you have a buddy standing at the end of the course to hand you a ski so after the race when they interview you (winner winner, chicken dinner) you can hold that BRO up and give your NASCAR style speech (God, sponsor, etc...).

The support you get and the inspiration you provide is indescribable. The stolen ski and this thread are so uplifting it blows the mind.

Gobble the ibuprofen, guzzle the Red Bull, and enjoy the moment. You are living!! FKNA

Foothills of the VT mountain where it never snows
    SitSki, every time I read your posts, you put a huge grin on my face. I love your enthusiasm for life!

Good luck today. Just visualize your perfect run and go with the flow. Enjoy your moment.

If I was a girly-girl, I'd put on a pink ski outfit and furry hat, grab some pom-pons and scream out some FKNA cheers for you! Since I'm an old lady, that would freak out your competitors and make them all crash!
    Last edited by SheSkisTrees; 01-23-2009 at 08:12 AM.
    Raise 'em Jay. And remember: Safety Third!

LetsPlanTrips.com

Our photo galleries

I'm starting to think it's a good thing Andy's in a sitski because I don't know how you'd ski standing up with balls that big.

Can't even describe how awesome it is to come into the office every morning feeling miserable yet pull a complete 180 after reading these updates. Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by SitSki13 View Post

Started the morning working with the crew from Warren Miller to get some shots to mix in with the race footage, close up shots of going past gates and landing jumps etc. ....... they were looking at putting something together that is like a car chase scene in a Bourne Supremacy type style, sa-weet. They're also stoked about me living in the van and want to get some footage of me washing my ballsack or something, though probably not actual ballsack.
    I'm going to the Warren Miller movie next year just to see this. This segment alone will be worth the price of admission. (ballsack excluded)

Andy, Good luck with the qualifiers & the finals (I'm sure you'll be there, you'll have a pile of BROs at your disposal)

This is seriously one of the greatest things, if not THE greatest thing to hit the boards in a long time. Kick some ass Andy!
    "Whoever said skiing on fat skis is like having sex with a fat chick, has obviously never had sex with a fat chick." -Jack Handy

just a thought on the rebound, can you use your poles and push off the ground to "unload" the shock prior to the whoops in an attempt to pump them for more speed and reduced rebound, or would this throw off your control?

good luck on the race, enjoy yourself and slay with a smile.
    More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

i think i spotted the van last night on my way out of buttermilk but it was late.

kick some ass out there! Hopefully see you today or tomorrow out there!

As seen in gear swap:
    "Buy my skis or I will eat you"
    Thanks,
    Mr. Bear

Good luck Andy!!

Andy, you're an inspiration. Best thread ever.
    I've been showing my 3 skier groms this stuff and they're in awe.

Andy, Try scrubbing a bunch of speed comming into the woops, If you need to scrub anywhere through them, as your comming up them is the best time. (You can disenguage the edge easier) but make sure you get yourself straight before you come off the top. Are they close enough you could double them up after a few (4 or 5) by using your shoulders to pop a bit?

The other thing you COULD try is throwing in a turn up the face of each woop to control your speed. It'll fuck with everyone behind you too. but surviving the woops will for sure be the toughest part for any sitski.

PM me if I can help.

I just needed to quickly chime in and say you are truely awesome. I've really enjoyed following your stories thus far, and hope you kill it come race time. Like many others have said, take it easy and just try to cross the finish line. With a course as gnarly as it sounds, just finishing seems like a pretty decent game plan.

Good luck man, I'll be cheering you on.
    "Some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God."

My Flickr Photostream

Woke up extra sore and bruised this morning to some fresh snowfall on the hill. I cant decide if thats a blessing or a curse.

Actually I couldnt even get out of the van this morning, not because of injury but because there were cars parked too close on either side so I had no room to get the wheelchair out, I ended up having to shuffle down to the bottom and climb out of the trunk, after getting a random passer by to open it from the outside for me, I'm sure they'll be retelling that story at the bar later.

I'm just sat in the athlete lounge watching the live feed of the mens and ladies snowboarder-x seeding runs and trying to get a better memory of the course. The amount of rollers on the course is really crazy and the thing thats going to cause the most problems for me and everyone else in the monoskier-x comp. Back up the hill later for qualifying from 2-4pm, I'm hoping the sky clears and we get some better light on the course, at the moment it's really closed in and flat light.

The course is so gnarly that simply finishing it will be enough to qualify for the semi's on sunday, but sliding down slowly isnt an option, apart from the fact that it'd be utterly wimpish, there are road gap jumps to navigate and without enough speed to carry them I'd be forced to miss them out and get an automatic DQ.

I've also only got one 195 BRO for today until the new ones arrive in the morning so I have to try and take it easy and not break it or I'll be screwed and not be able to take another attempt at qualifying. I have a 192 as a standby incase I do break the first ski, but it's only got a 20 DIN binding mounted on it, which'll be pretty likely to release unless all my landings are perfect.

I'm hoping to get another practice/inspection run in before qualification, I'll find out if that'll be possible in an hour or so at the pre-course meeting.

Red Bull and Ibubrufen are my friend.
    Last edited by SitSki13; 01-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.

good luck today, can't wait to here how it goes

thanks for taking the time to write your updates

Great update.

Are the qualifying rounds televised or web-a-vised?