Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dude, there are many mags who have loveland passes. with a little advanced notice in our 'loveland tomorrow" thread, you can get $42 all day tixs there.
    Top of the Food Chain for White Trash America

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    Camp at the last chance lot at ABasin and buy a season pass there($380).
    The $379 price is for a Bonus Pass, which gets you five days at Breck/Keystone/Vail/BC also. Probably not cheap enough for a one-week trip, though.
    Change is good. You go first.

I dunno:
    A-Basin $65
    Breck $92 (!)
    Keystone $92 (!!!???!!!)
    Vail $97 (unshocking, still unconscionable)
    B/C $97 (with a free cookie)

All prices are from the web, single day, before Feb. 13.

I had to check Aspen even though it takes forever with their crap website. $96 without gate card. With gate card 101. US Dollars. For a Single Day.

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    I dunno:
    A-Basin $65
    Breck $92 (!)
    Keystone $92 (!!!???!!!)
    Vail $97 (unshocking, still unconscionable)
    B/C $97 (with a free cookie)

All prices are from the web, single day, before Feb. 13.

I had to check Aspen even though it takes forever with their crap website. $96 without gate card. With gate card 101. US Dollars. For a Single Day.
    Yea, tell me about it.
    Wanna talk unconscionable; Boyne, in Michigan, with it's 400' vertical, is $62 for full day.
    $62 to ski a 400' hill.

Even Alta, once home of the dirtbag (& I mean that with the greatest of respect), is $64?!
    Do the words "bad economy" mean anything to these guys?

BTW Dude, love the avatar.
    The tips of my Sugars:
    Attachment 53980
    Last edited by Roxtar; 01-20-2009 at 10:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

2 for 1 deals

Check skifreecolorado.com for details on buying 10 gallons of gas and getting 2 for 1 lift tickets at Monarch, Winter Park, Copper Mountain, Powderhorn. That should reduce cost per lift ticket to $25 to $30... and if your schedule is flexible, shoot for a powder day mid week to make the most of your money.
    Some motels offer lift ticket in connection with room. I have heard of this in Salida (for Monarch) and Gunnison (for Crested Butte). You might find more specifics in a search on this forum.
    Years ago I was skiing A Basin and sleeping in the car. On a whim I asked for temporary work at the lodge. I washed dishes one nite and got a lift ticket and bunk (in heated room!) in exchange. You might find some mid season need for help that could translate into lift tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Evmo View Post
    Relentless spam on my part, but our site Liftopia.com has solid deals on lift tickets. They tend to be better in UT than CO (more variety, better deals), but we do have Loveland/A-Basin in Co.
    your lodging search page is kinda screwed up.
    sno...

more on 2 for 1

Monarch and Powderhorn have lower prices, like $54 so 2 for 1 drops price to $27 per ticket. Winter Park and Copper show $92 for daily price! SO 2 for 1 would be half that, $46 per ticket.
    I see that salidasuper8.com has deals for Monarch. One nite motel, 2 days ski pass for $115.
    And there is a deal at powpowplatter.com for $129 you get 3 days, 1 day at different resorts-Winter Park, Steamboat, and Copper.

more on 2 for 1

Monarch and Powderhorn have lower prices, like $54 so 2 for 1 drops price to $27 per ticket. Winter Park and Copper show $92 for daily price! SO 2 for 1 would be half that, $46 per ticket.
    I see that salidasuper8.com has deals for Monarch. One nite motel, 2 days ski pass for $115.
    And there is a deal at powpowplatter.com for $129 you get 3 days, 1 day at different resorts-Winter Park, Steamboat, and Copper.

Revelstoke appears to have good weather headed their way, I'm re-routing from Wyoming up there. All the hostels are booked though, just confirmed. Lift tickets are $71 a day I'm told! hotel packages exist for $130 or so a night, but you really need 2 people to get the price down under that.

The skifreecolorado 2for1 gas deal is a good suggestion, also google the pow pow platter - intrawest was selling a day each at Copper, WP & Steamboat for $99. Not sure if it's still available though.

Ignore the people telling you to buy bc gear unless you've had an avy1 course and feel very confident about your skills - it's still a pretty sketchy snowpack in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post

Couple of questions:
    Are there places to camp around Summit County and Utah resorts?
    What/where are the best deals on lift tickets?
    Although going to different places has it's appeal, cash is king and multi-day ticket deals might make staying in one spot a better option.
    If so, what resort has the best deals?
    Try: www.powpowplatter.com - $129 for three tickets - one lift ticket at Copper, one at Winter Park, and one at Steamboat (it was $99 before Jan 3).

Roxstar...

If you're going to be in Summit County, CO, PM me the days and if I'm going to be around on one of them I can hook you up with 1/2 price tickets with my CO pass.

Also, if you don't mind skiing with a very average skier (by the standards of this place) lunch is on me...the PB part of the PBJ is getting a little scary...
    The Sheriff is near!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdeprived View Post
    If you tire of camping in SLC, Extended Stay America on Fort Union in Midvale is 49.95 a night if you stay a week...
    Ha! I crashed a rented escalade the last morning I left that place...

I'll 2nd that it is a decent place to shower/crash in SLC for short $... Dont expect too much though

Look into hostels. There are bunch around ski areas out west. hostels.com
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

How about Grand Targhee? $199 for a season pass. That's five WEEKS of tickets and you're only a few hours from most of the Utah hills if you want to mix it up. Or A-Basin has a similar deal for $209. Not sure if you can still park a camper in their lot.

Another good one: Get a Maverik Adventure Club card (local gas chain) and you can get $29 ticket to Brighton on Thursdays.

Other than that, the Phillips 66 deal is good and Liftopia certainly has some steals.

We just finished up a huge article on how to save money on lift tickets during March.

If you have a camper you could park in wal mart for free, looks like there are a few in salt lake, and take the shuttle to the cottonwood resorts. Discounted lift tickets at costco, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowdeprived View Post
    Unfortunately you are too late for best aspect of the Utah Ski SuperPass. If you bought it before Dec.1st, you got one free day with a 3 day purchase. I bought 2, and I figured it out to cost $42 a day to ski at either Alta, Snowbird, Solitude or Brighton.
    Will this deal be available again this year? I am trying to put together a Utah trip for the beginning of January and would like to get some tickets as cheap as possible. This sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

Any other info on early purchase lift ticket deals would be greatly appreciated.

If you know anyone out here - you can buy abasin 4-pack lift tickets at the ski shows for $109... $27/day, no blackout days, good for everyone (ie, not a pass - four separate lift tickets)

Minor correction - no camping in Last Chance anymore, but you can still camp in the CDOT parking lot with is about 300' from there. Also - not sure when you're thinking about coming, but -20 is a possibility over night.