Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $718.50

Angry $718.50

...is the cost to fix my fucking Taco TuRD after the oil drain plug fell out on the way to work.

(See March 2004 rant "oil change shop fuckheads" for full story.)

There goes my new skis fund.

That's 16 fucking lap dances, or 4 1/2 massages with a happy ending, goddamit.

Law suit?
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

$45 lap dances? must be pretty a swank joint.

personaly i go for the $20 skanks.

You pay $44.90 for a lap dance? You're paying too much, you need to switch to Geico.

Where do you put the .90?
    Signature removed for non-payment

Originally posted by basom

is it possible he is factoring in a tip for the lady.....and an $8.00 budweiser too?
    Buy nice things here.
    www.motorcityglassworks.com

Originally posted by Keoni
    Where do you put the .90?
    In the coin slot.

Originally posted by phUnk
    In the coin slot.
    But can she make change?
    Signature removed for non-payment

Only the best can.
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Oh and here's a piece of advice for you

oil pressure gagues are useful
    you shouldn't drive around without oil or oil pressure
    you're lucky it is only 700 bucks
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Re: $718.50

Originally posted by Punani
    ...is a lot of money for sex I should not being paying for anyway, shit I am SuPu!! With the money I save this month from not paying for it, I should have a fixed truck and a pair of Bro models no problem.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Angry

Originally posted by lemon boy
    Oh and here's a piece of advice for you

oil pressure gagues are useful
    you shouldn't drive around without oil or oil pressure
    you're lucky it is only 700 bucks
    Here's what happened... last March some fucknut at a Valvoline Instant Oil change joint put in a drain plug that was too big, so my hole got stretched out.

Took it back, fuckheads totally denied it. I kept the wrong plug as evidence. Talked to the manager and said he'll give me my next oil change free.

In the meantime ski season means I need my truck, so my mechanic buddy put in a rubber expansion plug as a workaround. This sealed the oil leaks.

10,000 miles later I decide it's time for an oil change. they took out the rubber plug, and shop monkey stuck back the expansion plug, which was supposed to be for one use only.

So I'm driving to work. I get to the parking lot and oil is pouring out. Luckily the plug fell out as I pulled in my lot, so I turned the engine off before it could get fucked.

towed it to shop. Need new oil pan.

So now I'm fucked.....
    Valvoline shop monkey fucked it last March, then I got a workaround, since I didn't want to not have a truck during ski season. I figured I'll deal with the hassle later.

Good Year shop monkey fucked it by sticking in the rubber one-use drain plug, which fell out.

These fucks will be pointing fingers at each other.....

I would have been better off if I killed my engine, then I can say "You fucks fucked my engine, buy me a new one".

Chalk one up to experience....
    Last edited by Superstar Punani; 08-09-2004 at 12:13 PM.

...plug that was too big, so my hole got stretched out.

i'm sorry. i really couldn't resist.
    "...And my quarter is ruined. My business lost about 200K in revenue.

On a positive note, I did save some money on car insurance by staying with GEICO..."

North of South, South of North, West of East
    so my hole got stretched out.

Chalk one up to experience....
    There's a really good joke here somewhere.

Edit: Dammit Jackamo, you're too fast for me.
    I should probably change my username to IReallyDon'tTeleMuchAnymoreDave.

This sucks worse than my Home Depot LCC is an Idiot Weekend.

I used to drive a Jeep Wrangler. As all Jeep owners understand, those things go through windshields like oil changes. My insurance company got annoyed with me getting a new windshield every few months and jacked up my deductible to $500.

Well this weekend I went to Home Depot for one of those huge containers on wheels, one which would not fit in my Audi. Acutally it does fit now, because when I was trying to put it in my front seat, I broke the windshield in my car. And couple that with my new deductible, I get to pay for most of the new windshield. Nice work on my part.
    French Fries!

Originally posted by basom

It shows... but do they work a little harder for the fitted mesh BoSox hat?

Sorry, all my ADD addled brain saw was this:

"Last March some fucknut put in a plug that was too big, so my hole got stretched out.

I kept the wrong plug as evidence. So my buddy put in a rubber expansion plug as a workaround.
    They took out the rubber plug, and a monkey stuck back the expansion plug, which was supposed to be for one use only.

So I'm driving to work. Luckily the plug fell out before I could get fucked.

So now I'm fucked...."
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Punani-replacing an oil pan is pretty fucking easy dude. I'm sure you could find an oil pan for 50 bucks or less at a junkyard or e-bay. Buy a Chilton repair book on your truck for 15 bucks.

Get under car, remove the 20 or so bolts holding it on, (after you've drained the oil of course) , replace the gasket, put new pan on, screwing the bolts back in, in the same pattern you do with a wheel. Use a torque wrench using chiltons torque values. Pretty simple dude, for under 100 bones, your truck is fixed. Prolly only take you 2 hours also.

Send me 618.50 and we'll call it even.

Talking

10,000 miles later I decide it's time for an oil change.
    Clearly you need someone in your life to take care of man stuff for you. Have you considered switch-hitting?

Exclamation

Originally posted by Spats
    Clearly you need someone in your life to take care of man stuff for you. Have you considered switch-hitting?
    Spats, are you gay, dude?
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Exclamation

Spats,

I've been suspecting this since the mammoth zebra striped pants and pole dancing 'incidient.' Now you're just scaring us.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by Tippster
    It shows... but do they work a little harder for the fitted mesh BoSox hat?
    oh you know it dog!

no ones ever seen a fitted mesh cap, makes the ladies very excited to give me a little extra.

I SAID, WHO WANTS TO FUCKING TOUCH ME!

Once again, someone learned the hard way.

NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES do you take your car to an oil change place. The guys that work there are complete fucking morons. If they were real mechanics, they wouldn't be working there. A monkey can change oil. There are obscene horror stories involving Jiffy Lube alone. I can't imagine dealing with one of the smaller chains.

There are only be two options for changing your oil:

1) Do it yourself. It's really fucking easy. The only valid excuse for not doing it yourself is if your car is really low to the ground and you can't get under it easily.

2) Take it to a reputable mechanic. They'll do it right every single time. And in the highly unlikely event they do fuck up, they have the knowledge and resources to fix it. If Jiffy Lube fucks up, are you gonna trust them to do engine work for you? I'd like to refer you to my monkey comment above. Hell they don't even have the tools and resources to fix engines. All they do is change oil and fluids; nothing more. In other words, you'll have to sue Jiffy Lube to pay some other mechanic to fix it.
    Last edited by Arty50; 08-09-2004 at 02:18 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

These fucks will be pointing fingers at each other.....
    Punani-

If you can deal with the hassle (and it is a pain in the drain hole), file a case in small claims court, and sue them both. Let them point their fingers at each other in front of the judge. Plus, if Cali law is the same as here, lawyers can't appear in small claims court on behalf of clients. So, you might get lucky and they will send some flunky manager or "mechanic" to court on behalf of the company.
    "Holy Blower!" - Jeremy Jones

Originally posted by Arty50
    Once again, someone learned the hard way.

NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES do you take your car to an oil change place. The guys that work there are complete fucking morons. If they were real mechanics, they wouldn't be working there. A monkey can change oil. There are obscene horror stories involving Jiffy Lube alone. I can't imagine dealing with one of the smaller chains.
    Very true, I took my jeep to a monkey type lube joint twice. First time they said the differential fluid had metal shavings. I thought well OK, replace it. I had been doing a fair amount of 4 wheeling back then. 3k miles (and no off roading) later I went back to the same place and they had the same story, metal in diff fluid. No freakin way, never went back. They try to take advantage of people who don't know cars. I fell for it once.

I think the problem here is Punani thinks "Manual Labor" is a person. If you changed it your own damn self (because it's so freaking easy to do) you wouldn't have this dilema.

I would never let someone change my car's oil. It's so easy to do on your own, and saves you a bunch of cash (like if you use synthetic).