Check Out Our Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spantik View Post
    I've got a pair of what I think were the 1st gen of the Il Moros; they have a totally clear shell (unlike the smoke translucent shell I saw last year). I replaced the med/soft tongue with a med/stiff tongue and switched to the gold liner last year and am really happy with the flex now.

Replacing the top cuff ratchety thing with a buckle is a good improvement. The plastic snowboard ratchet mine came with didn't work very well and I had a shop replace mine with a buckle from the Pro. The buckle is much more secure and easier to clamp down firmly.
    The new ratchet that they have put on to that boot is a much better option then the prior years. More burly and releases much easier......

I just saw the boot in person today. Will come with 2 tongues and will be stiffer in flex than the current IL Moro, more like the Krypton Pro. Color is called Rasta.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    Color is called Rasta.
    Real creative, Dalbello.

2006, here we come.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Oh and this is pretty accurate.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Talked to a rep today about the new AT boot - looks like next year it will be available - and likely more info once SIA happens. Didn't see any other threads with this info - so here is a little - looks nice.

and a link:
    http://homeboyski.com/2008/12/13/new...ots-prototype/

seen this??? http://www.freeride.se/content/2589/
    nice Dalbello boots... I was looking for the new rampage; I'm not sure which one it is...

the AT boot looks exactly like the one they proto-ed last year. Why the delay?
    Live

The AT boot looks fucking sweet but i gotta say it again.....that fucking rainbow piece of shit with the faux leather strap buckle thingy looks utterly retarded. That being said, next year I know I will be seeing some knob with a bandana on his face tucking his phat pants into his new d-bello's to show those beauties off.

better have dynafit plugs or this boot will be worthless
    Live To Ski!

Quote Originally Posted by AfroMullet View Post
    better have dynafit plugs or this boot will be worthless
    if you read the link it says that it is... but i guess i don't know how much to trust homeboyski.com that being said it sure would be stupid if it wasn't.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

if you read the link it says that it is... but i guess i don't know how much to trust homeboyski.com that being said it sure would be stupid if it wasn't.
    Yes, basically don't trust the bloggers...

To give credit where it's due: that info was all taken from another thread where TGR's own "Verbier61" gave some info about that upcoming boot. I am not 100% sure about the Dynafit inserts but as you said, it would be quite stupid from Dalbello to left them out.

(Sometimes you just get out of the subjects and write just references to others stuff/stupid ramblings on the blog...)

Anyway, off topic but to show we have some stoke on our site too - pretty cool rooster tail? (photo by our contributor "Ville", also on TGR btw., who is in Hakuba, Japan for two months this season...)

"Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

Quote Originally Posted by bngofast View Post
    If the Dalbello's make sense, why don't the Full Tilt's? Same design essentially. I'm confused?
    Quote Originally Posted by millfiger View Post
    Plake used two booster straps and only the middle buckle at one point - he also ground down the rear of the lower cuff, in order to use it as an AT boot, then would pop in a shim for ski mode - can't wait to see how they designed this new AT system. If the Full Tilt concept doesn't make sense, then check out http://fulltiltboots.com/ for education, or keep on skiing like robots, losers!

Na, i don't agree that the FT don't make sense at all, but i do agree that the krypton is a refined/updated version of the three piece design. the lower shell of the krypton is way thicker and as a result substantially stiffer than the FT, making it a bit heavier, but stiff enough for wide skis, something the FT lacks. the FT is so light partially because of the thin (thereby softer) lower shell (and plastic buckles). trust me, i cut one apart...HAHAHAHA....crazy sawzaw action. anyway, just wanted to help clarify some earlier comments.

Three part boots of the world, UNITE!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeblowski View Post
    Na, i don't agree that the FT don't make sense at all, but i do agree that the krypton is a refined/updated version of the three piece design. the lower shell of the krypton is way thicker and as a result substantially stiffer than the FT, making it a bit heavier, but stiff enough for wide skis, something the FT lacks. the FT is so light partially because of the thin (thereby softer) lower shell (and plastic buckles). trust me, i cut one apart...HAHAHAHA....crazy sawzaw action. anyway, just wanted to help clarify some earlier comments.

Three part boots of the world, UNITE!!
    This thread lost me at "sawzaw"

1600g for a size 27? ~1 lb less than a pair of Spirit 4s--that would be pretty bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by joeblowski View Post
    crazy sawzaw action
    I believe that is a "sawzall". Now put it down before you hurt yourself.

any word on pics of the new rampages or krypton pros?

It looks like the Virus doesn't have Dynafit inserts after all:

http://www.zapiks.com/glen-plake-introduces-his-ne.html

I believe it actually will have inserts, just the boot he has doesn't have the metal pieces in yet. If you look closely at the toe area in the video, it appears that there is a place in the plastic that is darker, where the dynafit insert will go.

I was talking to plake in january about the boot, and he said it would have dynafit capability as he said he rarely skis anything else. The boot he had on had the holes for inserts, but no inserts in them ("They wanted me to test them on alpine bindings and knew if they gave me a pair with inserts I'd only ski in dynafits").

Quote Originally Posted by Comaï View Post
    seen this??? http://www.freeride.se/content/2589/
    nice Dalbello boots... I was looking for the new rampage; I'm not sure which one it is...
    if you look closely in the picture there, the all white boots with the black tongue actually say "il moro" on the side. the black ones next to them look like they say "rampage". the rastafari colored ones that everybody was saying are the 2010 il moro's have a big "T" on the side. anybody know if that indicates a tanner hall pro model boot? anybody know anything about this?

tech talk
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable on epicski or Paula's Ski Lovers, AltaNancy.

Quote Originally Posted by altis View Post
    It looks like the Virus doesn't have Dynafit inserts after all:

http://www.zapiks.com/glen-plake-introduces-his-ne.html
    There will be 3 models for the Virus: base model doesn't have dynafit, middle has the fittings, and high end will have fittings and be the lightest option.

could this possibly have a 98mm last?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Rasta boots
    Jah Love skis: http://www.nordica.com/site/ski.php?site=2&lang=1&id=40
    Rasta jacket: http://www.sierrasnowboard.com/asset...gZigZag(1).jpg

damn, i could be hella steezy this upcoming season...

that said, it looks like Daebello is challenging Full Tilt for the most garish boot:

FT Pro (Seth Morrison model): http://fulltiltboots.com/boots/seth_morrison

still, i'm intrigued by the Daelbello AT boot since I need new boots and would prefer to have one versatile set...gonna have to wait to see who is actually gonna carry 'em in Bay Area/Tahoe/Reno area, though.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    could this possibly have a 98mm last?
    Fit is supposed to be very similar to the kryptons, so I would assume so.

any more news on the shell shape they are using?