Transfer photos direct from camera to iphone?

Sorry if this has been covered before but can you transfer photos direct from a camera (or SD card) onto an iphone, then have them sync onto your mac when you get home? just thinking it would be nice to be able to store and view them on the phone while you're out and about and then have an automatic sync (by wifi?) once you're near your computer
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

There is/was something like that for the reg. iPods... Naturally, no WiFi sync... Though, not even sure if the iPhone supports WiFi sync.

You could prolly just use the EyeFi SD-cards to get the WiFi autosync (or upload).

And yes, uploading the cards to iPhone on travels would be sweet...

If you find something, drop me a line as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

email the photo to yourself, then open the email.

While viewing the email just touch the photo. Hold your finger on the photo until the save menu pops up.

Or, get the "airshare" app and possibly link your phone to your via wifi?

Your saved photos will automatically be downloaded when you connect your phone to your computer.

okbye
    TELL YOUR BOOBS TO QUIT STARING AT MY EYES!!!1!

Here, I'll help you out:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    RENO SUPERMOTO

Quote Originally Posted by RaccoonFace View Post
    email the photo to yourself, then open the email.

While viewing the email just touch the photo. Hold your finger on the photo until the save menu pops up.
    And how does that solve the problem of getting a photo off your camera on to your iphone? I think the whole point of the question was assuming you didn't have your laptop. Of course you can download your photos onto your computer and email them yourself. Or even put them in the folder that you've synced to your iphone.

Interesting question, would be interested to find out if an app exists for this purpose to utilise Bluetooth file transfer between Camera and iphone.
    I ski therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by mountain_man View Post
    And how does that solve the problem of getting a photo off your camera on to your iphone? I think the whole point of the question was assuming you didn't have your laptop. Of course you can download your photos onto your computer and email them yourself. Or even put them in the folder that you've synced to your iphone.

Interesting question, would be interested to find out if an app exists for this purpose to utilise Bluetooth file transfer between Camera and iphone.
    I have a crappy generic phone, and I can email photos right from my phone. The iPhone has a mail function and can access email.

I'm no genius, but I believe that rather simply solves the problem sans laptop.

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

There are a couple battery powered external harddrive cases out now that will pull images off of a card and display them, but nothing will transmit via WiFi. The closest thing to that is having the EyeFi cards.

Using Canon's external media adapter (for whatever cameras it works for) it might be possible to dump photos via USB, but the iPhone would probable have to be jailbroken and then have some modified firmware in order to save the photos.

Apple did have the USB camera connector for a while that works with some older iPods, but nothing current. I didn't sell very well, and neither did any of the other variations of the theme, so Apple got rid of the ability.

With the processor and other chips inside the iPhone it is more than possible for something to work, but Apple isn't interested in making it happen, and the hackers are largely too busy with other projects to fool around with USB and other non WiFi networking methods. Also there is the whole problem that many of the people that seem to have that level of programing skill and are working on jailbroken iPhones don't travel anywhere without their computer, so they always have something to download too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arno
    Sorry if this has been covered before but can you transfer photos direct from a camera (or SD card) onto an iphone
    I have a crappy generic phone, and I can email photos right from my phone. The iPhone has a mail function and can access email.

okbye
    No kidding.

Oh, rainbows!

Problem solving: Check!

Reading comprehension: ...

okbye

Here, I'll help you out:
    RENO SUPERMOTO

thanks for the responses - looks like there is an opportunity for a gadget maker out there
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

okbye
    The question was How do I "transfer photos direct from camera to iphone?"
    Not How do I "transfer photos direct from iphone camera?"

If what your sayings the case the question is still how do you get your photos off your camera not camera phone on to your phone to then email to your iphone and then why would you have a phone and an iphone?

Most Digital cameras don't have WiFi, yet, there are a few exceptions such as a Leica that uploads directly to Picasa Photo Albums.
    I ski therefore I am.

free idea for apple:
    combine a ipod touch on the back with a cannon powershot on the front
    do it now.
    that is all.

BUMPing an old thread. Anything better than Eye-Fi cards out there yet for going from camera to iphone in the field? One of my cameras uses SD cards so the eye-fi would be fine for that, but are there any that will work for cameras using compact flash cards as well?

This product looks pretty sweet, but apparently only works with iPad, not iPhone. Lame, apple.

Eye-Fi + SD to Compact Flash adapter.

To wi-fi synch you'd need something running iTunes, right? Unless you have a jail broken phone, then you could run it like an external HD and synch over wifi I bet.

Why the fuck don't high end cameras have built in WiFi? Hell, my invisible dog fence does, fer chrissakes!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

any other phone would have a micro sd card slot, and you could just put the card in the camera with an adapter. bwahahahaha.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

jgb@etree Guest
    Never used it as I don't have an iPhone, but an eyeFi card can be run in "direct" mode which sets up an ad hoc wireless connection between the eyeFi card & your iPhone, and will allow you to transfer pics direct to your iPhone.

Even without ever having used that functionality, if your camera uses an SD card for storage, eyeFi is the tits.

I just have to turn the camera on when I get home, and the pictures are automatically xfer'd from the SD card to my desktop PC.

I personally just use third party software, photobucket normally with phone pics, or if I want to store them in the cloud I use dropbox. Samsung already has direct sync software with their cameras and phones, guess apple has to play catch up

http://reviews.cnet.com/digital-came...-35154796.html

If you have access to a computer, the best option is to use FonePaw iOS Transfer.

Nice two year thread bump...

My powershot 110 has wifi and I can transfer direct to my phone