stomach pain (gas?) at altitude

I don't always get it, but enough for it to suck. Sometimes while touring at higher altitudes I get real bad stomach pains. I assume it is gas pain from the low atmospheric pressure. The same thing happens to me while on airline flights. I wish I could just rip a big one and get rid of it but I guess it never makes it that far down. Anyone also get this/ heard of it/ know a remedy or what I can do to prevent it?

Thanks,

Puder Luder

Colonic edema?

I get the HAFS, (High Altitude Fart Syndrome), at elevation all the time....mostly above 9,000ft. Gas-Ex sorta helps but that's all I've found.

Look on the bright side; a good excuse not to break trail.

I haven't been able to sit on a plane for the last few years without constantly ripping 'em I sorta feel bad for the people sitting around me My boss who I fly with pretty frequently won't book a seat next to me anymore (which is ok cuz he weighs about 350) and when we were at Coppper Mtn last summer for three days he insisted on getting me my own room

knarshedmotatoes Guest
    sounds like you got a case of the ol' altitude sickness. same thing sometimes happens in planes if it has bad air pressure in the cabin.

The proper scientific name for this delightful affliction is Rocky Mountain Barking Spiders.