Laptop w/ Matte Screen?

I'm in need of a new laptop, needs to have a matte screen. Now that Apple has removed this option from new Macbooks, the options seem very slim. So far the Lenovo Thinkpads are looking to be the best bet. Anyone know of any other compaines still offering matte screens? thanks.

I can't swear to it, but I'd guess that the refurbed MacBook Pro's on the Apple refurb site that aren't specifically marked as "glossy" have matte screens. You could call to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by jibij View Post
    I can't swear to it, but I'd guess that the refurbed MacBook Pro's on the Apple refurb site that aren't specifically marked as "glossy" have matte screens. You could call to verify.
    Yeah, I think you are right. The refurb store is an option, but $1800 for the specs I think is it a bit steep. I'm not a diehard Apple fan boi so open to other options that may offer more bang for the buck.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
    Yeah, I think you are right. The refurb store is an option, but $1800 for the specs I think is it a bit steep. I'm not a diehard Apple fan boi so open to other options that may offer more bang for the buck.
    You can get the last rev 15" MBP, not refurbished with a matte screen for $1399 now. I bought one right after the new version of the MBP came out and paid $1599. Best bet out there. I was gonna buy a new one but with the glossy screen and chicklet keys I wasn't going anywhere near it. Plus the fact I have learned ou don't buy anything on the first cycle.

EDIT - Here is a link to buy one: http://microcenter.com/single_produc...uct_id=0283482

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    FUCK I wish I saw that a few months ago.
    Talking shit about a pretty sunset.

advres Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhand View Post
    FUCK I wish I saw that a few months ago.
    Naw, the price just got reduced recently. When the new ones came out, the price was $1599 which is what I paid.

I think Dell still does, through the "small business" section of their website.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I think Dell still does, through the "small business" section of their website.
    Yeah after digging deeper it looks like there are more matte options out there than I thought, just now marketed as "business" laptops. thanks

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane