stupid digital pictures

ahhhh. i got an olympus digicam, works fine. one problem: how the hell do i get em on my damn computer? i can get em onto the program that came with the camera just fine, but i can only view the pictures from the program. as far as i know, it doesnt have a folder that they are saved in that i can email em to people or stuff like that.

i tried to put em in the windows my pictures thingy, but when i open that program, there is nothing to click on that says anything about importing pics from a camera (or anywhere else for that matter). DAMMMIT

what to do??
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

What operating system arre you running on yoour computer? Is your camera attached to your computer via a USB cable?

If you are using Windows (98,2000,xp), you should be able to navigate to the camera's hard drive (card) by using My Computer.

Click My Computer, then click the icon for removable drive (this is your camera). You should be able to locate the images and save them to your computer's hard drive.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

I suck at computers, but didn't they give you a program to upload your pics? I don't really understand what you mean by having a folder (on your camera?) for the pictures, or what emailing has to do with it, but if you don't have the program I bet you can get one on the web somewhere.
    [quote][//quote]

I just got a 2nd digicam that's an olympus...I love it b/c it's (supposedly) weather resistant. I've only had my other digicam a few months, but man did I abuse it.

Anyway, first of all...did you install a driver for your camera? It should have come w/ a disk that has a driver. Install that. Then simply connect the USB to your computer. Click on "my computer" and you should see the camera as one of the "drives." Just click it and you should see a bunch of folders in that "drive" containing your photos. You should be able to view the photos w/ whatever photo viewer is installed on your camera.

Sidenote: my husband has XP on his computer. He did not need to install a driver with the olympus. He said he just plugged in the USB and presto--he was able to see the device in My Computer and just opened it up and viewed his photos.

Worst case scenaro...go to www.olympus.com and download the detailed user manual. The one that comes w/ the camera is not very complete. They expect you to go to the site and get the full one if you really need it I think.

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

It sounds like your problem is transferring the pictures from the camera to the computer, right? As others have said, the camera should appear as a removable drive in "my computer," so you can just cut and paste them to your c: drive or whatever. The software that comes with the camera should have an icon to automatically copy the images over, though. Just check out the help file for the Olympus software.

Windows 98 required a USB driver download from Olympus on mine.
    When I upgrade to XP, I just plugged in the USB cable and it was drag and drop from there (what everyone else said about My Computer).