Page 161 of 324 FirstFirst ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,025 of 8099
    ^ and also showing the improvement in your gear! That's pretty cool, capturing a supernova on home equipment!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

can't tell if the log breaks it in half... which means it probably does. Since I want it to work but it doesn't I'm trying to make a shitbird look good apparently.

Trying to decide if I like the full size image:

or the crop of this shot better.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    can't tell if the log breaks it in half... which means it probably does. Since I want it to work but it doesn't I'm trying to make a shitbird look good apparently.

Not a problem for me at least. My eyes are drawn to the silky smooth water in the right hand side and then to the log. But a square crop maybe couldn't hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Edgnar View Post
    Trying to decide if I like the full size image:

or the crop of this shot better.
    I like the full size better personally.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    can't tell if the log breaks it in half...

Or does it create a leading line???
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by OverTurn View Post
    I like the full size better personally.
    Funny, I think the crop has a lot more clarity ... single subject and the frame is filled.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Funny, I think the crop has a lot more clarity ... single subject and the frame is filled.
    I like the full version better -- it gives a better sense of the environment/scene, and the crop one puts the tree/sun smack in the middle. I would experiment with cropping the black bottom and turning it (almost) into a pano.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    I like the full version better -- it gives a better sense of the environment/scene, and the crop one puts the tree/sun smack in the middle. I would experiment with cropping the black bottom and turning it (almost) into a pano.
    Good idea, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
    My other thought as well. And I like the result alot more. That cropped pano version wins out over the other two for me.

^ and also showing the improvement in your gear! That's pretty cool, capturing a supernova on home equipment!
    Yes, given that the latest attempt had only an extra 20min of exposure, the main difference is probably mainly due to the newer camera.

Having fun with my new fisheye:

180 | 365 | New life by FuzzSummit, on Flickr

And one experimental from this morning:

181 | 365 | Upside down by FuzzSummit, on Flickr

The upside down one is pretty rad. Maybe if you cropped the bottom a bit so that the reflection line is a bit more centered top to bottom it would have a more confusing effect..?

Quote Originally Posted by AKgeoSkier View Post
    The upside down one is pretty rad. Maybe if you cropped the bottom a bit so that the reflection line is a bit more centered top to bottom it would have a more confusing effect..?
    Well, I was going to say, what's so experimental about a standard composition rotated 180 degrees? I think if you actually thirded it so that the actual mountain ridge was in the bottom third and the reflection was in the upper 2/3, it might be pretty cool. But I think you'd need a really still lake for that to really work out well!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Experimental in two ways: experimental in presentation, and experimental for me personally (honestly, most things that are experimental to me are old hat to many people).

I actually like the imperfections (the horizon at the top, the not-still lake) precisely because they create a sense of disorientation. My intent here was not to fool the viewer into thinking the reflection is real (by using a still lake) but rather to disorient (which is why I included the buoys).

Fuzz, I love the buoys. I was thinking less about perfect sharp stillness, and more along the lines that that if the water was too ripply then you'd then need to leave the shutter open for really long ... and that might look pretty cool too if the general form of the reflection was there.

Great things to think about and play around with next time I'm near water ...thanks for sharing. I hope I didn't sound too disapproving or disparaging.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Fuzz, I love the buoys. I was thinking less about perfect sharp stillness, and more along the lines that that if the water was too ripply then you'd then need to leave the shutter open for really long ... and that might look pretty cool too if the general form of the reflection was there.
    Hmm, I didn't think about doing a long exposure, mainly because I wasn't carrying a tripod (just wandering while waiting for the snow tires to get changed out). At first glance, to me it looks like hazy mountains in the distance with weird spaceship-y objects floating in the sky -- until the disorientation hits and requires a second look. At least that's how I experienced it. Next time I will have to shoot the (flipped) horizon at the bottom third though -- didn't think to shoot like that this time. I have tried flipping images where the reflection was absolutely perfect, and it just didn't much for me -- like it's too perfect to even tell that there's anything special going on.

I hope I didn't sound too disapproving or disparaging.
    No worries at all! This is why I am doing the 365 project, and why we post here (or at least why I post) -- to share, get feedback/critique, and learn from others.

The trees / sun...another vote for the full size image.

The water / bouy shot is pretty cool I actually like the small amount of rippling how it is to make sense of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKgeoSkier View Post
    The upside down one is pretty rad.
    I really like the upside down one too.

From the front porch

great backlit buds skiingislife, with a nice set of lines as a backdrop

@fuzz, I like the "upside down" one. I also looked at some of the other from the series on your flickr,

it gives it a bit of a tilt-shift/miniature effect. Disorienting for the common viewer, disorienting for a photographer.

almost a repost, but rather than just text up the POTD thread...

Went for a little hike yesterday afternoon:

182 | 365 | Spring in the high country by FuzzSummit, on Flickr

Nice photos, everyone. Been some time since I've even looked. Been kept busy by these two:

They are just getting to where they can sit up on their own - almost. They are approx 3mths old here.

First attempt taking a picture of the moon. Definitely need to play around more, but I figure this one is worth sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

These are so caption worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by DeutschBag View Post
    Nice photos, everyone. Been some time since I've even looked. Been kept busy by these two:

They are just getting to where they can sit up on their own - almost. They are approx 3mths old here.

I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite