Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wort View Post
    In the FT spec. sheet, it shows that some of the boots have a wider last which is apparently 2mm wider in the toe. Is this just a different liner? Also what is the 'J-Bar' thing exactly?
    liner is a bit thinner, but the shell is the same (so any liner will just pack out anyways to this shape)

J bar = plastic thingy that helps to hold the cables in place.

Ballin thanks guys. Dukes on the Bros here we come.

Hoping someone can help me out with a question about the #10 tongue.

I currently use the FT pro (black w camo liner from two seasons back) and the #8, black tongue, which was the stiffest available at the time.

How much firmer is the #10 tongue than the #8 in your experience?

Also, will the stiffer tongue stiffen the entire boot, or just the forward flex?
    Last edited by the_eleven; 01-25-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: typo

for the most part it will just stiffen the F flex (unless you are REALLY skiiny legs and the tongue almost goes to the side of the shell)

#8 = 100ish
    #9 = 120 ish
    #10 = 140ish

big jumps in flex.

[ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178182"]2010 Full Tilt black tongue - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

My .02 cents...

I've now skied both boots. Full Tilt Krypton Pro ID w/both tounges and the Full Tilt w/8 flex tounge.

I've got a slightly above average volume foot and had ankle surgery to fix a broke ankle from a number of years ago (right kankle).

The Krypton fits much more "roomy" than the Full Tilt. The Full Tilt is downright tight. I had to pull my footbed to have even close to enough room in them and I still had problems. My Krypton was pretty much $$$ out of the box. (which I've never had before)

At the end of the day, I'd let this be the determining factor. Foot volume.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyJim View Post
    I had to pull my footbed to have even close to enough room in them and I still had problems.
    I was understanding that the FT's don't come with footbeds, and are not meant to be used with them. With that said, I haven't had a chance to ski mine yet, but I LOVE my Kryp Pros. Never a better boot for me...so far.
    Gravity. It's the law.

You CAN ski them without, many people ski all sorts of boots without footbeds, especially with intuitions.

However, a footbed puts your foot in the "right position" (for lack of a better term) to ski. Some would even claim it lines up your entire leg, knee, hip, back etc...

I notice a big difference skiing with a footbed and pretty much need to go that route....

As much as i loved the feel and weight of the full tilts they just don't work for me...or at least they'll be a shit ton of work TO work...

Gotcha, JJ. I'll try mine without first and go from there. Hopefully I won't need them...they're snug as it is.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Mtlion,

A few questions if you will:

I'm a very solid 10.5 street shoe. I have a high-set muscular calf, narrow heel and average forefoot width (per the boot fitter I've been working with). I also have the deal where my middle toes are a good bit longer than my big toes. I have a high instep, as well.

Currently in dalbello surge 110, 27 shell. We've needed to take a little material out of the tongue where my instep is. I can still only buckle one-two notch without pain. Developing a little slop in the forefoot area.

On the surface, does it sound like my foot can fit a krypton or FT?

My previous boots where 26 atomic m110, but we could never get my toes to work in my left foot-- numerous punches, stretches, etc... the surge is a 318bsl and the m110 was/is 307. interested in maybe a smaller 27 shell, and I think the FT's and kryptons are both smaller bsl... TIA..

I dont think that the FT will fit your instep, but the Krypton might. do you have anyone local that can order on in for you?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    I dont think that the FT will fit your instep, but the Krypton might. do you have anyone local that can order on in for you?

Yes, I would have access to them down here. Unfortunately, I bought the Dalbello surge just before Christmas, so I don't think I'm in position to swing another boot purchase. I've got ten days on the surge already. If I decide they are just not going to do it for me, I may have to wait until next year.

So the Kryptons would accomodate a higher instep than the FT's? TIA...

I need new boots for on-piste skiing and I have once tested UNMOLDED FT. It felt little narrow so I was wondering is it possible to fit FTs to this kind of foot? It felt otherwise ok. The problem is that we don´t have any shops near where I can try FTs. Heel(spurs?) are very big problem usually for me. Also I think that I have such a wide forefoot, widest part is about 110-115mm wide. I have now Zeuss for rando, X-wave 10 and Atomic RT CS for on-piste skiing. All the boots are stretched.

Somewhere here somebody wroted about wider FT for next year, should I wait or forget FTs or Dalbellos?

I'm no bootfitter but surely trying to squeeze a 115mm wide foot into a 98mm last is going to take more work than it's worth - if it's even possible.

Did some re-measuring. It´s more like <110mm, very difficult to measure because wide "bump" in outside is more back than the widest part in inside. Hope that you understand what I mean.

I can replace plastic buckles with metal buckles right?

freeZ: 110 wide, but what length?

100 = medium in a size 26, 100= VERY wide for a 22, and very narrow for a 29.

from the pics, width should be OK, instep height might not work, heel spur will need shell work in ANY boot

Howie: yup, all the same holes in the shell, same problems with the return spring breaking too.

Milk: FT instep = lower then krypton (I think I posted all the measurments on the first post? please re-read?)

Lenght approx. 26.7cm so I´ve used 26 boots.

Full Tilt definitely has a new boot coming that accommodates higher insteps and wider feet. It also looks to be more punch and grind friendly. The bootboard was also totally re-worked and is much flatter. The boot uses a hybrid of the old cables combined with more traditional macro ladder buckles - no ratchet buckles.

Awesome thread bump.
    Gravity. It's the law.

Any new info about Full Tilt "Influence" boots?

What do you want to know? I believe the new last is 102mm. My previous post (#119) has other info. I like how they changed the way the tongues attach (much easier than dealing with the spring clips). Unfortunately none of the new parts are interchangeable with the original design. The boots are still very lightweight, use Intuition developed liners and generally keep all the same good things from the original Flexon, but will fit different feet.

How stiff is the stiffest tongue in new boot? Still same Intuition liners than orginal FT? Thanks.

Same Intuition liners, but they do not yet have a stiffy tongue option for the new FTI shells. They are basically positioning the new boot line as a lower level boot. The original is still considered their "premier" boot line.

[ame="https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185563"]fulltilt 10/11 - Teton Gravity Research Forums[/ame]

more info on the FTi boot.