Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    booster strap, or a normal power strap. Booster is nice as it has the rebound, and will adjust for fit any leg size (my chicken legs, max out the velcro and it doesn;t hold at all).
    YMMV.

Booster + Flexon = Jah Love (match made in heaven)

I tried the Krypton for a season, but the differences in the shell shape from a Flexon didn't make my feet happy.

One of the things I did like about the Krypton was the stiff bootboard that was easy to modify. I wanted the board to be flatter with less ramp angle.

So when I went back to my Flexons I decided I had to solve the bootboard problem - it just has way too much built-in arch and a large ramp angle (almost like wearing high heels). Even though I've skied Flexons forever it was one of those things that bugged me (especially when trying make custom footbeds work right on top of those bootboards).

What I eventually did was build my own replacement bootboards for my Flexons, but I would love to see Full Tilt come out with an alternate bootboard that reduces the built-in arch and the ramp angle.

Has anybody noticed that the kryptons are incredibly sloppy in terms of lateral stiffness? To me it was INCREDIBLY obvious and my friend who bought kryptons last year has noticed it too. Its like trying to move through molasses
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

?

Sure this is not due to the toe wings on your bindings? Krypton toes are on the low side of things, almost too low for use in dukes.
    simen@downskis.com DOWN SKIS

Quote Originally Posted by SiSt View Post
    ?

Sure this is not due to the toe wings on your bindings? Krypton toes are on the low side of things, almost too low for use in dukes.
    Positive. I had 4 different bindings on my skis when I was skiing kryptons.
    Hey Phill, why don't you post your tax returns, here on TGR, asshole. And your birth certificate.

Phill- which kryptons are you in? Other then the Il Moro, they are all laterally stiffer then any other boots out there with the exception of a few of the WC boots.

Other corrections:

There are 4 krypton toung options: A, B, C, D, The A is the stiffest and not in North America.

The middle buckle on the Krypton is actually attached to the lower, there is a hole in the spine where it is.

Oh and intuitions that come with full tilts (a few options) are not the same as the ones that come in kryptons. Aka a power wrap that comes in a full tilt is not the same as the one that comes in a Krypton pro. Similar, but not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Phill- which kryptons are you in? Other then the Il Moro, they are all laterally stiffer then any other boots out there with the exception of a few of the WC boots.

Other corrections:

There are 4 krypton toung options: A, B, C, D, The A is the stiffest and not in North America.

The middle buckle on the Krypton is actually attached to the lower, there is a hole in the spine where it is.
    Maybe I'm using the terms incorrectly all I know is the boot felt completely unresponsive. It was like 10% of your movements were transmitted to your skis.

Think you can order some A tongues from Italy?

I would hope so.

maybe they could come when they bring over their touring boot...

anybody know where a fella can get his hands on a stiff tongue for the kryptons?

also, if anyone knows the size range that fits 26.5 that would be helpful, too.

i bought the crosses a couple of years ago, with the "medium stiff" tongue. I have the largest insert in the cuff already and I'd like to try a stiffer tongue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Maybe I'm using the terms incorrectly all I know is the boot felt completely unresponsive. It was like 10% of your movements were transmitted to your skis.
    You might be confusing "unresponsive" with a "different feel." Because of the constant and smooth forward flex they don't have the same on/off edge bite as some 4 buckle boots. Laterally though they are pretty stiff and responsive compared to the lange and atomic plugs I skied for years. They're definitely weird at first but once you get used to them there is no going back.

Quote Originally Posted by ripvanwinter View Post
    anybody know where a fella can get his hands on a stiff tongue for the kryptons?

also, if anyone knows the size range that fits 26.5 that would be helpful, too.

i bought the crosses a couple of years ago, with the "medium stiff" tongue. I have the largest insert in the cuff already and I'd like to try a stiffer tongue as well.

you can also just rivet/Tnut the upper and lower cuffs together....

that will make it stiffer then the wedgy thing

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    you can also just rivet/Tnut the upper and lower cuffs together....

that will make it stiffer then the wedgy thing
    yeah, i read about that, and it seems like it would really stiffen the boot up.

However, I do like the mellower forward flex in many circumstances and would prefer not to start drilling holes in the boot until i tried a stiffer tongue first.

Quote Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
    Because of the constant and smooth forward flex they don't have the same on/off edge bite as some 4 buckle boots.
    AKA un responsive right? I skied mine for over a season and it felt like what I was doing with my foot and ankle had very little affect on what was being transmitted to the ski. I remember the first day I had on a new pair of boots after a season or so in kryptons, it was mind blowing; every movement tiny movement in my boot affected a change to my skis.

I had the ace of spades on, it feels like a high volume Krypton, if you cannot get into a Krypton and want a 3 buckle boot, the AOS might be your option. It looks better in person than the pics but doesn't have the adjustablity of a Krypton, all of the fittings are riveted on vs. t-nuts and hex's like the Krypton.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    AKA un responsive right?
    No not unresponsive. You can build pressure on your edges with a 3-piece boot, with a 4-buckle you're (relatively) on or off your edges. I see advantages to both but the kryptons work great for me. That being said, if I was still skiing sugarloaf in -40F I'd probably be back in a cold ass 4-buckle plug.

I'm guessing you had the stiffening tab in the spine, right?

Dalbello emailed me right back saying; "The “A” flex position is reserved for future projects and we do not currently produce a tongue stiffer than the “B” flex that came equipped on your boots."

Unhappy

Having not been on the slopes in nearly 3 years, I was a bit surprised to find I cannot fit into my Flexon Equipes ( green and black if ya don;t know) that were so prime I could have slept in them after a days skiing.

Older and arthritic (pa) I have some obvious swelling. The calf seems to be the biggest problem.

From cranking them down ( back in the day) to fully open and not being able to even loop a buckle! Thats not buckling them up - just getting it together!!

At any rate, Any insight would be good to have as I am a few day out from going anywhere looking for equipment...

can you just move the cables to the bigger positions?
    or buy larger cables?
    thinner socks?
    remove the footbeds for a few days?
    re-heat the liners?
    trim toe nails?
    left liner in left shell?
    buckles to the outside?

There is a lot of great information in this thread. I just have two questions.

In the FT spec. sheet, it shows that some of the boots have a wider last which is apparently 2mm wider in the toe. Is this just a different liner? Also what is the 'J-Bar' thing exactly?

Bump for my question as well. Will Krypto Pros work just fine with Dukes? I've read of some people having problems with them. Needed to know asap before I mount up my Bros!!!

I ran my Kryptn Pros with Dukes/Mo-ships all last year, no problem. That said, with Jesters (which don't have the height adjustable AFD) they have a bit of play.

Bottom line, Dukes+KrypPros=good.

I have had zero problems with my Krypton/Duke interface as well. I'd say mount away.