Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    all FT boots are the same shape, just different bells and whistles (color, boot board, liner thickness, tongue flex, etc) all the parts are interchangeable so you can order what ever boot you want, and change stuff to make it yours.
    09/10 = same shape, metal buckles on some boots, flex 10 tongue, and that buckle bra (and again both avail as special order parts).

iggyskier: you can add a Tnut to attach the lower boot and the upper rear cuff together (just behind the middle buckle) that makes the boot ALOT stiffer. changes the flex a bit, as you are not just flexing the boots tongue, but having to flex the rear spine too. Some people find the change makes the boot ski more like a "normal" 2 part boot, but if that makes the boot stiff enougth to be skiable for you then great. Also if you dont like it, just remove the T nuts and you are back to normal (but with added speed holes in the shell)

Thanks mntlion.
    I sent you an email via TGR, dont know if you got it, asking about a price on the Konfilcts in a 29.5. Let me know via PM if you still have some

best to email me at

dave@fitcentre.ca

I would have responded to any emails that came thru... check your spam pile? or email me again

bump for the fall.

Anyone know if the seth morrison FT comes with more than just the #10 tongue? Or will i have to order those separately? and i'm i correct in the guestimation that the #10 tongues is comparable to about 130-150flex stiffness?
    Hooray for ski-pant-covered hideousness!

Bumping an old thread cause I just got new 2010 Krypton pro IDs. How come Dalbello doesn't make more tongue flexes like FT? I feel that you could deff get a stiffer tongue on the Kryptons and stiffen them up without T-nuts changing the flex pattern and what not. A super stiff Krypton tongue would be sick. Do you guys recommend boosters on the Dalbellos as well?

I skied a full season with boosters but decided I liked them better without. Im not sure what t-nuts you're talking about to stiffen the shells... you use the plastic tabs in the spine cut out. The flex pattern doesn't seem to change too much with them in, but I agree that the "stiff" tongue isnt very supportive by itself.

^What plastic tabs are you referring to? They change the flex pattern?

Look in your parts bag-- they're almost semi-circle pieces of plastic with a tab on them, stamped either "4" or "8". There should be four pieces total. You use the "4" when you have the the small 4mm forward lean wedge in, and the "8" when you have the large 8mm forward lean wedge in. They tuck in between the cuff and the cut out of the spine - top position is stiffest, bottom is stiff(er).

Most people who think the kryptons are way too soft never flexed them with those tabs in.

Quote Originally Posted by Utahrd View Post
    Anyone know if the seth morrison FT comes with more than just the #10 tongue? Or will i have to order those separately? and i'm i correct in the guestimation that the #10 tongues is comparable to about 130-150flex stiffness?
    Hooray for ski-pant-covered hideousness!
    the seths are 10 only, but like all FT boots, just buy the tongue flex you like and use that.

#10 = 130-150ish.

Does Dalbello make any more tongues than the soft and stiff ones that come with the Krypton Pro?

kryptons only have 2 tongue flex options, but with the stiffener thingy in the back you can change the flex even more.

Krypton for the wide footed-

http://www.nordicafreeskiers.com/sit...ang=1&idColl=4

Somewhere I searched and last is 102mm, not 100% sure though on the last width.

I should have a nordica ace of spades in my hands/feet soon.

sounds like a soft, big volume boot. Weight is between the FT and the Kry.
    wont bash it until I see it.

this is direct propaganda from FT, not mine

also:

FT - 7 tongue ribs = natural flex
    D - 2 tongue ribs = restrictive flex especially with
    FT - cables - undrestrictive flex
    D - metal buckles and overlap boot style thick straps - restrict
    natural
    flex
    FT - light weight shell and liner
    D - heavy thick plastic shell and heavy liner
    FT - all liners custom heat moldable
    D - only top model heat moldable
    FT - narrower heel
    D - wider heel
    FT - buy up to 7 different flex options tongues aftermarket
    D - 2 tongue flex options
    FT - every part sold separately aftermarket & all Phillips for easy
    changing
    D - not every part sold separately and riveted
    There are probably more but that's the jist of our story we promote to
    our salesman

I read the thread and I'm still confused. Are the orange tongues from 2 seasons ago now a "9" on the stiffness scale, or something else?

Compared to my old Tecnicas, I still don't think the orange "pro" tongue is all that stiff. Do they make any tongues that go to eleven?
    Do you by chance happen to own a large, yellowish, very flat cat?

older orange = 9 flex = 100ish

new 10 flex = 130-150 flex.

Rumour has it there is a #12 flex. It's made from steel.
    Last edited by powderface; 10-28-2009 at 08:16 PM. Reason: I fucked up some grammar

all i know is that the kryptons are cold as hell. there is no correct seal around the tongue. this year im going to try and put a good line of silicone on the boot where the tongue meets it. hopefully it works but it could just see it rubbing off after a couple days or something.

Quote Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
    Look in your parts bag-- they're almost semi-circle pieces of plastic with a tab on them, stamped either "4" or "8". There should be four pieces total. You use the "4" when you have the the small 4mm forward lean wedge in, and the "8" when you have the large 8mm forward lean wedge in. They tuck in between the cuff and the cut out of the spine - top position is stiffest, bottom is stiff(er).

Most people who think the kryptons are way too soft never flexed them with those tabs in.
    These parts come with the 2010 Kryptons? Maybe I just overlooked them. Are there directions included with the boots on how to install the wedges and tabs? Or is it pretty self explainitory and I'm just retarded...

workin: a bit of foam, on the tongue, might help too. I replaced my liners with intuitions right away. Do you find them cold if you wear them inside? any better with the toe buckle open?

ben: wedge goes in the inside of the shell, on the rear spine, between the rear cuff and the lower boot. Fairly idiot resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    These parts come with the 2010 Kryptons? Maybe I just overlooked them. Are there directions included with the boots on how to install the wedges and tabs? Or is it pretty self explainitory and I'm just retarded...
    Yup, in a bag with a little how-to manual. You should have gotten 2 pairs of forward lean wedges, two pairs of boot boards, two pairs of tongues, two pairs of spine/stiffener tabs, a pair of plastic arch supports, and an allen key. Did you buy online or from a shop?

It's easy to see how the tabs and wedges just slide in, if you cant figure it out you might consider falling on a knife. Good luck!

^ Nice just the answer I was looking for. If you find a pair of Kryptons with blood all over them in gear swap those are mine

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    older orange = 9 flex = 100ish

new 10 flex = 130-150 flex.
    Heard from our rep at the clinic last week that the 10 tongue is only around a 110ish flex (maybe as much as a 120?). He could have been wrong though...

I am renovating an old pair of flexons to become "full tilts" but was wondering what people have done about the power strap. Just a booster?