Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    2-3mm.

packs out the same as any other liner will. also as it packs out your foot will move back in the boot, so your instep pressure point will move to a taller part of the boot.

when you get the shop to heat the liners, some extra padding over pressure points will help to speed up teh liners packout.

I'm interested in a plug boot style Full Tilt:

- 95mm last similar to a Doberman 150
    - Beefed up lower boot with thicker walls, and a solid (not hollow) plastic bottom/lugs
    - Replaceable toe and heel lugs (for wear and to use a vibram sole)
    - Stiff foam boot board
    - Carbon fiber rear upper/cuff (extra tall)
    - Possibly redesigned metal/hybird buckles
    - Stiff toungue similar to a 130 flex, also extra tall
    - Something like powerboosters instaid of the powerstrap
    - Dynafit inserts, while we're at it

That would be sick for me, possibly the ultimate freeskiing boot. I would pay well over $500 for something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post

- Beefed up lower boot with thicker walls, and a solid (not hollow) plastic bottom/lugs
    - Stiff foam boot board

That would be sick for me, possibly the ultimate freeskiing boot. I would pay well over $500 for something like that.
    Why do you need a 3 piece design? It seems to me that you want a stiff plug. What benefit are looking for, by wanting it to be a 3 piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Damian Sanders View Post

- Stiff foam boot board

well the basic shape will not change, as that costs money for a molds etc.

you can get a stiff boot board (some are rubber, some are stiff

extra tall boot just add a spoiler to the shell

metal buckles for next year

stiffer tongue : this years orange 9 is VERY stiff, like a 130+ and next year a all black 10 is happening too (might be the same as this years 9?)

just add a booster

again the vibram, dynafits will take a full re-do of the shell, and will not happen in the near future.

this might be workable to get a current fulltilt tongue to fit.

or

Has anyone been on old flexons and new Full Tilts? I really like the fit of the old flexons I found, but they seem fairly soft laterally. Are the FTs made of stiffer plastic or more tightly put together?
    Or does the soft tongue in my flexons inevitably make it feel a little soft laterally?
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

the full tilt boot is not new or a revolutionary. It is the same old design that raichle used for many years, and has a cult following. A full story is avail on the full tilt site.
    http://www.fulltiltboots.com/about.asp

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    well the basic shape will not change, as that costs money for a molds etc.

you can get a stiff boot board (some are rubber, some are stiff

extra tall boot just add a spoiler to the shell

metal buckles for next year

stiffer tongue : this years orange 9 is VERY stiff, like a 130+ and next year a all black 10 is happening too (might be the same as this years 9?)

just add a booster
    I've already done all of the above, and pushed the design about as far as it will go with basic home modification....though I do have a few other things in mind.

An out of the box boot like I described above would be a massive performance jump for the flexon design......

Quote Originally Posted by Jim J View Post
    Why do you need a 3 piece design? It seems to me that you want a stiff plug. What benefit are looking for, by wanting it to be a 3 piece?
    I'm looking for a SUPER FLEXON.....

also size vs BSL vs size

22=268 = 4
    23=277 = 5
    24=282 = 6
    25= 293 = 7
    26=301 = 8
    27=310 = 9
    28=318 = 10
    29=326 = 11
    30=332 = 12
    31=345 = 13

the sally's (or any of the other "lady" boots) are the same boot, just one size off.

So a 282 boot = mens 6 or ladies 7.

What is the stiffness number for the standard bumblebee boot? Same as bb pro?
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

bb = 4 , BBP = 6?

I can't remember 100%

thanks... need to get a 6 then
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Just an FYI. Was speaking to someone that works with FullTilt today, and apparently the Black tongue on the new Seths/First chair is stiffer still than this year's orange tongue. Given how stiff the orange tongue is that should offer near plug boot forward flex - with that nice flexon progressiveness.

yup, avail on both the "seth" boot and the "first chair"

both also with METAL BUCKLES!!!!

AT boot rumors for the following year too.

Skied the flexon for years and then made the switch to the kyrpton two season ago. Very, very similar. Liked the lightness and fit(narrow foot) of the flexon better but really like the buckles on the kyrpton. Plus the plastic/construction is a lot better. Full tilt has to realize that it is 2009, not 1979, and do something about their buckles! Those things really suck. AT model would be great, from either brand(hopefully both, what happened with the virus?) But it's gotta have dynafit holes and walk better than the factors. Performance wise I would give a slight edge to the kryptons. Skied both with the zip fit liners and this really makes a great boot even better.

Doubt I would make the switch to anything else but what other boots are out there that people like us like?
    Last edited by MCskid; 03-02-2009 at 01:08 AM.

y

Oh my, a flexon with dynafit fittings, a bit of vibram on the soles, and a real walk mode ( not like the factor) would be a dream come true
    "Unfortunately, Meadows mgmt/marketing found out about the PR stash and published it on their trail map."

Quote Originally Posted by MCskid View Post
    . Full tilt has to realize that it is 2009, not 1979, and do something about their buckles!

you really can't make that boot with "real" buckles. the cables fit into the groves on the tongue, and that tongue is a key part of how/why the flexon works the way it does.

I'm suprised nobody has complained about dalbello buckles. I have probably broken 6 of them. Dalbello has always been good about getting me replacements and extras but I always carry around a bag of boot repair stuff. I just picked up some BB pro's and I don't love the way the buckles feel but they are going to have to break a lot to be worse than the Kryptons. I also have an old pair of flexons I can pirate parts from, which will be handy when the buckles start breaking.
    Last edited by allenataylor; 03-02-2009 at 04:54 PM.
    Alcohol Caffeine Taurine Hybrid
    If it can be done it can be won

Without a chainsaw silviculture is just a theory

you really can't make that boot with "real" buckles. the cables fit into the groves on the tongue, and that tongue is a key part of how/why the flexon works the way it does.
    The cables are fine, it's the buckle/rachet system i don't like. that thing would never stay where you wanted it to. Freeze up, slip, ect. seems like someone with an advanced enginering degree could do something about it. that ain't me cause I can't even spell!

I've never had a problem with any of my Flexon ratched buckles slipping (and I own 5 sets of shells). I also want Full Tilt to make the buckles more burly since the mechanism does get really sloppy over time - but no slipping for me. I actually prefer the ratchet buckle to the micro adjust/macro ladder buckle system on every other boot. I also have a pair of Kryptons and the buckles accidentally catch latched so I have to remember to turn them sideways before putting on the boots. Plus it's more difficult to make quick minor on slope buckle tightening adjustements since you have to completely unlatch a traditional buckle and spin it to make a small change. The ratchet is much quicker and easier to use - we just need Full Tilt to improve the buckles, not replace them with the same crap that's on every other boot in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by corn dog View Post
    Oh my, a flexon with dynafit fittings, a bit of vibram on the soles, and a real walk mode ( not like the factor) would be a dream come true
    Oh, please, please, please!!!

I've just finished my second rubber sole conversion and have a few ideas about fitting inserts but haven't attempted it yet.

I also like the Flexon buckles. Yes, they get floppy with age and yes, they freeze up occasionally but, IMHO, they are a much better solution than all the rest. Small and light and so much easier to micro-adjust. I have never had one slip.

I find it easiest to lay a thumb along the buckle and pivot it about the wire

Are the rear cuffs also stiffer? Or are they the standard plastic. The look like the normal cuffs from the outside.

Any word on when these will be available in stores? I'm in Kryptons which were at least a big improvement for me and have been leery of the FT buckle design, but I really need something with lower volume than the Kryptons. I already sized down pretty aggresively and punched out the toes but still have too much slop

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Just an FYI. Was speaking to someone that works with FullTilt today, and apparently the Black tongue on the new Seths/First chair is stiffer still than this year's orange tongue. Given how stiff the orange tongue is that should offer near plug boot forward flex - with that nice flexon progressiveness.
    Very hopeful for this. Skiing on 9's now and they really don't feel that stiff to me. I wish they were stiffer. I had a pair of older Flexon Pro tongues that are definitely stiffer than the 9's, but sadly I broke one (actually when the top two buckles broke during a forward fall while the bottom one held on, snapping the tongue in a nice little boot explosion....haha definitely replace the buckles when they start seeming suspect). I am looking for one of those Flexon Pro tongues now. Tough since they all pretty much look alike and it seems some of them are a lot softer than the pair I had....

I suspect at this point I will just finish the year skiing 9's and wishing they were a bit stiffer and get the black tongues next year.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I am wondering, and I have yet to get a definite answer, is there any difference between the BBpro and Konflict besides the tongue ? Also I have seen the design changes, but are there any performance related changes for next years fulltilts ? I mean is it the same boot with a cover for the buckles and a lot of new graphics ? (I am interested only in their highest or 2 highest performing boots so design changes in the lower lever models are not that important)