MS Access Help! (NSR duh)

Been seaching MS and Access forums all morning.

I wiped this shitty PC and reformatted. Back up and running, but went to Office 2007 from 2003.

Problem: A major database we use is formatted for Access 2003. I now can't use it with Access 2007. About 20 people use this database and just found out they all are on Access 2003, many of which had to downgrade from Access 2007.

Seems bassakwards to me. Can't the DB be save in Access 2007 format, to be used with the newer Office Suite?

Does anyone know of a converter to use the 2003 DB on my 2007 suite? Is it that simple cause I have a feeling it is not.

I prefer not to downgrade and go thru the Office Suite hassle again. Is this my only option though if the company does not save the DB in 2007 format?

Why can't this shit just work when you upgrade?
    Upgrade to me means "better, faster, stronger".
    Apparently I am mistaken in this arena.

Help? Comments? Non Comments?

Access sucks.

Admittedly I've no hands on experience other than vb front end. But mad google skills.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc178973.aspx
    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Agree 2000%.

Funny, I have the same mad google skills as that is the page I found the most info on and have it bookmarked.

Unfortunately it does not give me what I want, and I know I am not alone here dammit!

First off you are very brave to use any Access database with 20 users. Probably one of the worst multiple users databases ever designed. You can do a few things- first is there is a free download of Sql Express that would easily convert the file format over. Then you can continue to open the data in a number of different packages on the computers- even writing a front end that would work with a web browser.

Otherwise, if all the others have done the downgrade back to 2003, why don't you?

Office 2007 has a different file format for all their programs, but should open the older files fine. Just do not do the conversion or any save as- or go and update the Office 2007. You can do data work, you just can't make design changes on the data with the 2007 version.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...CH100645711033

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    First off you are very brave to use any Access database with 20 users. Probably one of the worst multiple users databases ever designed. You can do a few things- first is there is a free download of Sql Express that would easily convert the file format over. Then you can continue to open the data in a number of different packages on the computers- even writing a front end that would work with a web browser.

Otherwise, if all the others have done the downgrade back to 2003, why don't you?

Office 2007 has a different file format for all their programs, but should open the older files fine. Just do not do the conversion or any save as- or go and update the Office 2007. You can do data work, you just can't make design changes on the data with the 2007 version.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ac...CH100645711033

Again, I agree an additional 2000%. The company is trying to ring out every penny before we move to something way better.

I was told the company was moving to 2007 standard. My pc was being a shit so I took it down and then decided to intall 07. I just don't want to switch again. Right now I have a great excuse to not use it at all.
    But that will only last so long.

The 2 peeps I thought I would hear from came through.

Thanks for the info. I will see what I can screw up now.

Holy easy. Just needed to figure it out. Screw going backwards.

1. Go to left-top office button
    1.5. Click Access Options
    2. Click Trust Center
    3. Click Trust Center Settings…
    4. Click Trusted Locations
    5. Check Allowed trusted locations on my network
    6. Click Add new location
    7. Find directory of XXXXX database.
    8. Restart MS Access