Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    There's a link now plain as day on the home page of Freerideworldtour for FWQ events. When you click on this you get more info on the "Monster Golden Ticket" at squaw. This was just put up on the web site a few days ago which still leads me to believe this will happen. But ,again repeated attempts to the e-mail link have been unsuccesfull.

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that it is cancelled. Not positive about the reason. I'm sure a quick email to Squaw would encourage them to hold events like this in the future.

Wait, the Golden Ticket is cancelled or the entire FWT Nissan Tram Face is cancelled?

tram face should happen... golden ticket is a big mystery. i wrote an email yesterday. we'll see if i get a response. i think everyone should write an email saying they were really looking forward to it.
    Still waiting...

The FWT Tram Face is on. The Golden Ticket is cancelled.

I like the letter writing idea, but should we write to Squaw or Crux Events? Because I am pretty sure it was Squaw who pulled the plug.

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    well so much for my pipe dream of winning the golden ticket and running around singing "I got the golden ticket, I got the golden ticket"

i would write to squaw... i never complain about squaw, but they've been pretty silly lately. exhibition only in december? stupid pass scanners? no far east? no golden ticket!!??

i wrote to them (email) to remind them not to forget about us real skiers.

if you're hurting for money i don't see why you would cancel an event that will bring skiers, hype, and attention to your mountain. i was really hoping we'd get a chance to cheer for some local kids up on the tram face... if someone from squaw could've won the big event that would be huge!

alright... gotta get outta here and ski.
    Still waiting...

i'll make it two clicks easier:

Contact Squaw
    Still waiting...

Anyone know if this will be webcast live? Don't think i'll be able to make it but damn i don't want to miss it.
    Snow Flake Killer

Looks like the comp has been moved to Friday.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20090225/...m/breakingnews

Quote Originally Posted by zselby View Post
    Looks like the comp has been moved to Friday.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20090225/...m/breakingnews
    The FWT website does not show a change for the comp date. Any one else confirm this. If this is true i will be hanging in the parking lot watching
    Snow Flake Killer

i hear from a very reliable source that they are presently planning on friday.

I have heard from a very reliable source that many people in this thread have very reliable sources

very reliable source just told me today:

"Just got word from Ski Patrol that they are pulling the plug on the Tram Face venue for the upcoming Freeride comp. The Comp will be held Friday in Silverado. (China Wall)
    From the sounds of it there is just not enough snow to hold the venue on Tram Face. (don't know what I think about that) BUT I am kinda surprised that they are opting for China Wall and not Light Towers to C2 but that's the word. " UnofficialSquaw

I've heard from a reliable source that many people will be dissappointed to hear this news.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

I am very disappointing and unreliable.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Kied is offline Inconsiderate Tree Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by unofficialandes View Post
    very reliable source just told me today:

"Just got word from Ski Patrol that they are pulling the plug on the Tram Face venue for the upcoming Freeride comp. The Comp will be held Friday in Silverado. (China Wall)
    From the sounds of it there is just not enough snow to hold the venue on Tram Face. (don't know what I think about that) BUT I am kinda surprised that they are opting for China Wall and not Light Towers to C2 but that's the word. " UnofficialSquaw

Bummer. I heard from several unreliable sources that they were going to hold it in National Geographic if Tram Face wasn't going.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've heard from a reliable source that many people will be dissappointed to hear this news.
    Your source is reliable. I'm disappointed. I have to work on Friday and I can't get out of it.

WTF? I know it's supposed to be clear on Friday, but shit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

no, you don't understand mine is actually 'very reliable ^2'.

I am starting a completely unsubstantiated and wild rumor that the Tram Face comp is being moved to the Palisades. The Sugar Bowl Palisades.
    Waste your time, read my crap, at:
    One Gear, Two Planks

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I am starting a completely unsubstantiated and wild rumor that the Tram Face comp is being moved to the Palisades. The Sugar Bowl Palisades.
    I heard it's been positioned permanently at Granlibakken?

I heard two seperate rumors today about this one reliable one not really. First, the not really source (squaw employee) that it is going to be Tram Face on Friday. But now at my work, we just got the iteinerary for the comp, according to this Bid Draw and Inspection are on Friday and comp is Sat. The is an official document sent our for press and media. So, I am all confused. Also, the tram face looks shitty right now, it slide hudge several times and the lines have all been raked clean. Plus, there is some hellish debris all along the run out. If I were the comp people I would wait until later next week or weekend and pray we get snow down there not rain!! China wall sounds like an ok venue, but the tranny isn't there for the big cliffs, would make for some supper tech billy goat lines.

Quote Originally Posted by skimoore View Post
    I heard it's been positioned permanently at Granlibakken?
    Momentarily, but they were outbid by Boreal.

They're holding it on "Terrain Face."

Field is limited to snowboarders from San Jose.

Apparently the long haul truckers' lobby is strong. They wanted to be able to watch it while stuck in traffic over the pass.
    Last edited by Corduroy Commander; 02-25-2009 at 06:08 PM.

So now that i can't sit in the parking lot to watch, Are there any cheapo ticket deals going on right now.
    Snow Flake Killer

I misread the email and the event is going to be on Friday on the Tram Face and inspection etc. will be Thursday, this from the highest of high up at SVSC. But as I mentioned before how shitty the Face is looking I wouldn't be surprised if its moved to a different venue.
    Last edited by T-Boz; 02-25-2009 at 06:37 PM.