Page 68 of 190 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    I was banned for the only day I had to ski in a while and it also happened to be the biggest day of the year.
    Strategic miscalculation.

Next time you get banned, make sure it is a dust-on-crust day.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Strategic miscalculation.

Next time you get banned, make sure it is a dust-on-crust day.
    Brilliant!

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Thanks for sharing, it's always been a dream to have an old beater rig permanently parked at the 7-R for the bowl road transportation. Something you wouldn't care about the axles, struts, or siding if you happen to drift into the mountainside - and could even park against the mountain on the right as you pull in and not worry about rockfall in the springtime.

Quote Originally Posted by inthemtns View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. I've been in Bozeman now for 4 years and I miss the skiing and the all the vibe of the bowl a lot.
    I still consider it my skiing home.
    Thanks for the picture. When I heard he was going to be riding over there I almost loaded the kids into the car a drove over. Now I kind of wish I had.

My roommate and I bought a car together in 2000. It was sweet ass Honda Acord we paid 5K for. The second day we had it we were coming down from the bowl (it was SUPER slick). Some dude in a pick up comes barreling down the road and starts tailing us hard through the three tighter curves before you get to the first houses. We were going to pull over and let him go by as soon as we could, but we ended up putting it into the inside ditch before then. The dude couldn't turn to miss us and ripped off the back right fender of the car. It was the greatest thing that could have ever happened... The insurance company totaled it, we duck taped the trunk closed, and put a 200 dollar stereo into the thing. It was the greatest FREE skimobile Western Montana had ever seen!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    When did I pass a bus?

Sent from my DROID2
    My apologies if that wasn't you, I guess I must have gotten two different recent events mixed up.

I totally get that it would have sucked big time to be denied, I probably would have freaked out too, I just find your bagging on the staff there to be the point where you cease to take responsibility for your part in this happening. Passing cars on the road can be risky in more than one way, part of the risk is offending uptight road hogs that want to drive slow, and not pull over to let faster traffic pass. The risk is part of the action, which is what you chose.

I've passed many cars on the road, and have even been confronted in the parking lot. I don't think it's wrong to pass, but I realize that other people are fearful, and sometimes react with fierce aggression when their fears are stirred.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

don't people have better things to worry about than being passed on the mountain road on a pow day. I know I do. EVERYONE should have just "let it go" and enjoyed the day.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    don't people have better things to worry about than being passed on the mountain road on a pow day. I know I do. EVERYONE should have just "let it go" and enjoyed the day.
    Pretty much where I stand. Much more to life and if you can't have patience on the bowl road, then you probably need help or realize there is a lot more to life.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    Pretty much where I stand. Much more to life and if you can't have patience on the bowl road, then you probably need help or realize there is a lot more to life.
    I am also talking about the 3 guys who felt the need to confront someone in the parking lot for passing them. Its a pow day! just gear up and get in the lift line! no time for this drama. take a breath and think about the face shots.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    I am also talking about the 3 guys who felt the need to confront someone in the parking lot for passing them. Its a pow day! just gear up and get in the lift line! no time for this drama. take a breath and think about the face shots.
    Agreed. In my younger days I had to ride in an ambulance a weekend a month whilst chasing my EMT. I think it'd be a good idea for folks to see in real life the carnage a slow accident can cause to the human body. They might get a better perspective on the potential results of their behavior.
    Squeezin' a little more every other day

Well....
    ....I guess I'll be up there on Saturday maybe. I'll apologize to the lifties, for sure.
    I have to wear all grey because the zipper is still broken on my RPK. Just shout "On your right!" when you shove/ski past me.

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

In other news, the dreaded orb in the sky scorched the bowls today, it will be pretty rough in the AM.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Oh, and didn't I ask you if you were training for Alaska?

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Picked up the latest issue of Powder Magazine.

Was pleasantly surprised to read a full page article about Garland.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Picked up the latest issue of Powder Magazine.

Was pleasantly surprised to read a full page article about Garland.
    http://www.powdermag.com/stories/sme...owbowl-bloody/

just read the last few pages of this thread. Stuck - you come across as a whiny little bitch hole.

jesus h christ

Wrong article. That was from last year.

The article I saw is in the latest print version. It does not appear on their website yet (at least for non-subscribers like me). This article is more personal about Garland, talked about his pet pig, etc..

Creepy.
    No longer stuck.

Here's a read for everyone:

http://www.missoulaavalanche.org/wp-...s/PtSixavy.doc

We were in the bar when the guy came in. He was pretty out of it and is really lucky. Kind of surprised they didn't read the report- I noticed it taped next to the door of the lodge that morning.

Wow. Lucky.

Is it me, or does going out the gate at 3:30 seem like a bad idea?
    Decent groomer day up there today. Fun police staid at bay.
    No longer stuck.

woot! , fuck yourself black dog owning, self- entitled ny jeW, cunt at punter mountain.

uh ok.

Type much?

Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 01-25-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    No longer stuck.

The funny thing is, that I talked to the guy that got caught, about just such a scenario, a day or two prior to the incident, he grimly foreshadowed that people would go out there in spite of the danger and likely get in trouble. I expect next time he'll listen to his own council a bit more carefully.

BTW Stuart Peak Snotel is reading 3" tonight so far, it will be a better ski day tomorrow methinks.

See you bigoted dog haters up there in a few!

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

How was the bowl today?