Page 90 of 190 FirstFirst ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4750
    Wisherd Ridge late 80s. We had the teepee set up between Suzy Bowl and Second Bowl. No idea why we decided to build a jump this day, but snowboarding was kind of a novelty back then. (I was a telemarker, this is a friend.) Anyway...the post about Wisherd brought back some memories.

Headed to Losttrail. Should be a sweet Powder Thursday. First ski day, too. Gonna be in a coma at Star Wars on Friday.
    Speaking of which, Imax opening tomorrow.
    Yes.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Chair 4 broke down pretty early. Didn't even make it over there. There's going to be a lot of untouched blower this weekend.
    No longer stuck.

Just heard about that. Pic from the LT facebook:

I was the third one in Hollywood Bowl. I have no idea where the first two went, but I had thigh deep, hugely windloaded blower first tracks right down the gut. It was by far the best and deepest snow I have ever skied at LT.

By the time I got to the bottom there was a huge line and obvious problems with the lift. We got stuck down there for over an hour and a half, the first forty five minutes waiting for 4 to get fixed and the second waiting for chair 3 to open. Biggest buzzkill of all time, plus it was 8 degrees. There was a patroller at the top of 3 handing out $5-off vouchers for future lift tickets.

Yeah, I was one of the few to get down hollywood. Instead of sitting in line I at lunch in the yurt. Big buzzkill for sure, but by the time I got back over to 2 there was still plenty of good shit in the trees.

Anybody go to Disco or the Bowl today?

...kind of piped down in here.

I imagine this is more of a pass-holding crowd around here, but is there a chance some of you fellows might be interested in trading Snowbowl or maybe LT tix for those to the ol' Lone Batholith yonder?
    If so, shoot me a PM.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Woot woot! Should be a good day to go skiing!
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

A 6-week thursday evening randonee racing series is starting up at the bowl next week - cyclocross format on sunrise bowl/mogul alley i believe.

Race, medium metal, heavy metal, tele and splitboard categories.

Come on up for some uphill, downhill and beer drinking fun!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowbowl rando series.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	175359

Sounds fun. Years ago I did a race up there. It was uphill tele from top of Griz to the summit. Then downhill ski to the base. Then 5-mile mountain bike on the road. Do they still do that race in the spring?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Wisherd Ridge late 80s. We had the teepee set up between Suzy Bowl and Second Bowl. No idea why we decided to build a jump this day, but snowboarding was kind of a novelty back then. (I was a telemarker, this is a friend.) Anyway...the post about Wisherd brought back some memories.

Awesome! Thanks for posting that gem! I lived on Rocky Mountain Road around mile marker 7 for a few years and crushed Wisherd on the regular. Mostly it was with the bros but occasionally ladies when we could lure them away from The Zoo and The Bowl. Haha! Ski in ski out with a hot tub at the bottom was damn fine livin'! Have a ton of good memories from that place for sure. : )

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Sounds fun. Years ago I did a race up there. It was uphill tele from top of Griz to the summit. Then downhill ski to the base. Then 5-mile mountain bike on the road. Do they still do that race in the spring?
    Wow, sounds look a cool race. Definitely doesn't happen anymore, to my knowledge.

Woot! anybody get up there yesterday or today? tell the rest of us with jobs how it was.

Backcountry Film Festival is tonight at the Roxy. Showings at 6 and 8 p.m. Student disconts.

Trailer: https://winterwildlands.org/what-we-...film-festival/

I was up there on Monday. I had a good time. I haven't been skiing much this winter and for some reason I thought it would be a little boney up there. I was gladly mistaken. Also, it doesn't seem like they harvested many trees at all from West Bowl. A few knee deep turns in there. Happy stucky.
    No longer stuck.

Late start, but I think we're beginning.
    Anyone heading to Lookout tomorrow, or maybe someone can show me and the dog around Lolo a little bit after the bulk of the system passes on Friday? Wally gives free kisses.
    No longer stuck.

Nothing?
    The only unfriendly Missoulians?
    No longer stuck.

psst. hi.
    No longer stuck.

I just pm'd you about Lolo on Sunday...

Touring around Lolo was a little thin. Fun though.
    Anyone wanna do Snowballs tomorrow? Look at this weather!
    No longer stuck.

Went riding today for the first time at the bowl. Spent an hour in lift line for 3 open runs, reminds me of Alpental after a storm except without the steeps. Not a bad hill. Question to the longimte locals, how much snow does it take for the tours in this image to be possible, and what benchmarks should i look for before attempting it. Blue are paths down, red is up.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bowl.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	194802

I've never done those lines that far down into Grant Greek. IME low down Grant Creek is really bushy and annoying. But in general I'd look for the Stuart Peak snotel to be around 60 inches and for there to be a decent amount of snow on Grant Creek Road where you turn off on the Snowbowl Road.

Bum bum BUUUUM
    No longer stuck.

Talked to a few more locals on this cold ass day, some say that its easier to drop off into the highway next to Evaro and do a shuttle at the end of the day if you want to maximize a big day with lift assisted. Good day overall just wish it was warmer.