Page 8 of 190 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    no snow in the forecast for the next 8-10 days and some nasty inversions for the weekend. fantastical.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Today the bowl was good skiing. The snowpack changed from Sunday, the lower mountain was much better snow quality. There was a sandy loosness to the snow all over the mountain. It was pretty cold too, the snow wasn't melting.
    Thanks for convincing me to go today. It turned out to be a lot of fun (yet again) and we found some great snow. The outlook is grim with all of the warmness in the next week. A little more snow and all will be back on track.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Thanks for convincing me to go today. It turned out to be a lot of fun (yet again) and we found some great snow. The outlook is grim with all of the warmness in the next week. A little more snow and all will be back on track.
    I quite enjoyed today; the snow is scary-slick, and makes you wonder how fast you can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    I quite enjoyed today; the snow is scary-slick, and makes you wonder how fast you can go.
    Very fast - right in to a tree! As I found out. Luckily all of the important pieces remain attached.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyStyle View Post
    Im headed up to that "yurtski" in the Swans next week. Anyone been? Im really praying for some snow. I think the actual yurt is around 6000 so it might not be too effected by this warmth. We'll see...
    Snowpack should be settled by then and pretty safe. Enjoy. Here's a vid from 2 winters ago up there:

Who wants to hit up some snowbowl bc this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I might be game, depending on when you're going / how much I drink tonight.

Planning to be on Lolo pass tomorrow. I'd head up toward point 6 with you on Sunday, perhaps. I could do a short day monday too, but need to be back in town by 1:30.

I'm probably out. I have some jacked up disc issue in my neck, the upper left 1/2 of my body is gimped out, and I'm all hopped up on goofballs.

I'm probably out. I have some jacked up disc issue in my neck, the upper left 1/2 of my body is gimped out, and I'm all hopped up on goofballs.
    Bummer.

Just got back from the bowl. The snow that managed to be ok all week is going to shit really quick today. I'm thinking the BC is going to be crusty and nasty regardless of aspect, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

well, if you're going to have to deal with an injury, at least it's during a patch of dry weather.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Bummer.

Just got back from the bowl. The snow that managed to be ok all week is going to shit really quick today. I'm thinking the BC is going to be crusty and nasty regardless of aspect, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
    Nothing to see back there...Actually its decent if you time your sun exposure right. The snowpack is really stabilizing, RB5 on Murphies today.

I had a superterriffic day at the bowl today, and am presently quite drunk, as there was a birthday party going on at The Last Run tonight, including a cavalcade of hotties that I could only watch, and enjoy, as they were engaging in acts of la-limbo, and furious, competitive, hoola hooping, which kept me engrossed for more than a little while, and all along, the beer saturated my all too willing host body.

Oh, and I am ready to envoke a tremendous huge storm to decend upon the Bowl, now that the fair weather skiers have used up their coupons.

Here's my personal superstitious activism; I eat a porridge out of my snow bowl. Ooh, there's a slick of honey at the bottom, yum.

Last edited by Rasputin; 01-16-2009 at 11:38 PM.

Oh, and FOS skiss with a strap-on, I saw it Thursday. The thing was as big as a baby!

Good to hear things are progressing, snow-wise, at the bowl.

A couple years ago I came up with this, when we were hating their terrain maintenance. Good thing the road is wider and the snow is better!

My best runs of 2007 were at the Bowl in December.

Well played! "Terrain maintenance" is a term best used loosely at Sno Bol.

Looks like I'm going to swing through Missoula and ski SnowBowl Mon-Tues. Conditions seem pretty poor everywhere, so I might as well check out a spot I've never been to.

If anyone wants to show me around, shoot me a PM.

E

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyStyle View Post
    Im headed up to that "yurtski" in the Swans next week. Anyone been? Im really praying for some snow. I think the actual yurt is around 6000 so it might not be too effected by this warmth. We'll see...
    we were just at the yurt from monday to today. conditions were relatively stable and the weather was great. we schralped the entire area. without new snow, you'll have to work for fresh turns. you are in for a surprise though...completely new yurt.

Current TR pending photo upload. take a look at last year's trip here.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115757
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Today was easily the worst day of the year. After a week plus of thaw/refreeze going on, the clouds came out and left some helacious coral reef, chickenheads, and death cookies. However I took a few pics a couple days ago when it was all pretty and shit. The view from above the clouds:

Partial panorama from the summit

Looking down Griz Chute over Stupid Rock (obviously well exercised)

Inversions look cool.

I would say today was very, very bad indeed. I left before the sun though so it really sucked. At least the pizza made me feel better.

nice photos.

LAME FUCKING REPORTS.

My neck is better, it can now resume snowing.

LAME FUCKING REPORTS.

My neck is better, it can now resume snowing.
    So, it wasn't snowing because of you?!

It is snowing again, and there should be some serious dust on crust action tomorrow.

Went up to Lolo the last couple days. There's a lot of tracks up there at this point, but the snow was surprisingly good considering it hasn't snowed in a couple weeks, and untracked shots could still be found. Lots of boot-top deep turns to be had, and stability seems to be pretty good. There's a thick ice layer about 6-10" down that might be an issue once there's more weight on it.