Page 88 of 190 FirstFirst ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Let's go for a ride. There's a bunch of Jumbo trails I don't really know, partly because there's no water for my dog on them, but he's getting old and slow and I think I'm gonna have to leave him at home more
    Our tnr group is riding the deer creek sneak and we're going to try to go around and ride moz if things aren't too muddy back there. 6pm at the footbridge.

I have the feeling I bumped into you guys last night.
    Also: http://www.mtbmissoula.org/trails/
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 03-20-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm going skiing in the morning.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    8" at the top! And one inch at the bottom....

Well at least Brad was more honest about it than the webcam. The Outrun will be a gravel pit.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Ugh. Yeah. 8" is just enough to cover up the mud and rocks.
    No longer stuck.

The Flathead is revising its forest plan and they want to learn how people use the forest – skiing included. For skiers, the areas of primary interest are along U.S. 2 near Glacier, the Whitefish Mountains, the Swans, and the east side of the Missions roughly north of the Missoula County line.

The forest has an online mapping tool where you can click on general areas where you ski and board – this will show forest planners which areas are important to backcountry skiers.

Here’s the forest plan: http://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfu…/…/l...anning/…

And here’s the map: http://my.usgs.gov/ppgis/studio/launch/34126

Ugh. Yeah. 8" is just enough to cover up the mud and rocks.
    nothing's ever good enough for our fat little turd stuckie. you don't even skin for turns, what the fuck are you bitching about now? a tire on your MTB?

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    The Flathead is revising its forest plan and they want to learn which people they can prevent from using the forest – skiing included. For skiers, the areas of primary interest are along U.S. 2 near Glacier, the Whitefish Mountains, the Swans, and the east side of the Missions roughly north of the Missoula County line.
    fixed for you, but nice work on the naivete!

That's pretty cynical since you can ski on basically every acre of public land in Montana. Just gotta put in the work to get there. I imagine there will be a movement by the horse packing companies to ban mountain bikes on the Swan Crest trail. Unfortunately in this state we get lumped in with dirt bikes even though a cursory glance at back-county trail conditions where dirt bikes are allowed (Curly Lake) vs. not (Mile to Sheep Creek) makes it pretty obvious that mountain bikes are not destroying trails.

O well, could always just move to BC where progressive land management and talented trail builders are collaborating on the types of steep, fall line trails that we can only dream of in MT. Too bad the beer sucks.
    Last edited by RoooR; 04-03-2015 at 10:58 AM.

mmm, Canada.
    I didn't even realize you can bike much in the Swans. I figured by now it's all Bob Marshal Wilderness Complex. Ooh, just in case, we can make the surrounding area a Wilderness Study Area so everyone can fuck off!
    Whatever, I'm gonna go ride my bike this afternoon as soon as it warms/dries up a little.
    Anyone else?
    No longer stuck.

A friend has a cabin over there and does a lot of riding in the area. I keep meaning to go try some of it. This is a good way to see where people ride:

http://labs.strava.com/heatmap/#11/-...6691/blue/bike

Today I'm just going out to nine mile to ride and check out some of tomorrow's road race course to decide what bike I'm taking.

That looks like road biking? Or are there actual single track trails around Seeley. I'd love to do some riding up there.
    Anyone check out the new trails out by Alberton yet?
    No longer stuck.

Knock knock, Who's there? Tip! Tip, who? I only put the tip in to wake you.

Knock ,knock, Who's there? Crackhour! Crackhour who? You let me finger your crack a hour ago!

Stoke...?

Lame
    No longer stuck.

WOOT WOOT! Nukin' in Missoula

Not lame. A rap video that (1) calls out Pat, (2) has a North Dakota Downhill segment, and (3) has Garland's food, is a winner in my book. I enjoyed watching it.

Any idea where I can get one of those bumper sticks "nobody cares you are a Snowbowl legend" ?
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Is that the same girl that did Groomed and Level? I expected better.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Not lame. A rap video that (1) calls out Pat, (2) has a North Dakota Downhill segment, and (3) has Garland's food, is a winner in my book. I enjoyed watching it.

Any idea where I can get one of those bumper sticks "nobody cares you are a Snowbowl legend" ?
    They sell them at the bar, I think.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud cult View Post
    Is that the same girl that did Groomed and Level? I expected better.
    Yeah, Monifa Lifty is her YouTube name. Takes guts to do these vids, cool chick IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Not lame. A rap video that (1) calls out Pat, (2) has a North Dakota Downhill segment, and (3) has Garland's food, is a winner in my book.
    You friends with Garland, Harry? I used to share a house with him and a couple other friends in the Bitterroot back in the 90s. I was living with him when he first suspected he had cancer and he found a lump in his throat one day. That sucked. Of course he still chews Cope like a motherfucker these days, or at least he was last time I saw him a couple years ago.
    Last edited by yeahman; 09-01-2015 at 06:13 PM.

[QUOTE=yeahman;4545311]You friends with Garland, Harry? QUOTE]

Not really. I lived in Missoula for 30 years so I know him from Snowbowl. I would see him around town from time to time, and we know each other's faces and names, but I would not really say that makes us friends, more like friendly.

Pat, on the other hand, is not my friend. That fucker can eat a bag of dicks in my opinion. Ronnie too. Brad is OK.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I saw a This Machine Kills Hippies sticker on a bike in front of Cafe Dolce this morning. Which one of you was that?
    No longer stuck.

Got my issue of "Snowbowl Good Times" a couple days ago in the mailbox, excited for winter!

Anyone interested in joining me on a mtb ride on Monday? I'm thinking start near snowbowl, top of point 6, down beargrass to road down to grant cr to trail to wilderness boundary of Stuart, 'snake main corridor to east fork to Mineral peak, down s.t., then up to sheep mnt, down woods gulch. Maybe back to butler cr via sawmill and snowbowl road if we are up for it, or I can arrange a pick up. But open to other ideas.

I'll probably be free Monday afternoon if you just want to do something quick.
    I'd love to shuttle Lolo/Mormon.
    PS: I really don't like mtn biking in the cold anymore.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Got my issue of "Snowbowl Good Times" a couple days ago in the mailbox, excited for winter!

Anyone interested in joining me on a mtb ride on Monday? I'm thinking start near snowbowl, top of point 6, down beargrass to road down to grant cr to trail to wilderness boundary of Stuart, 'snake main corridor to east fork to Mineral peak, down s.t., then up to sheep mnt, down woods gulch. Maybe back to butler cr via sawmill and snowbowl road if we are up for it, or I can arrange a pick up. But open to other ideas.
    W.T.F.

^^^yeah, might be overly ambitious with only 10 hrs of daylight, 20% chance of rain, and that I will be on an ancient bike. Cutting out the snowbowl part would save ~3k ft of up and put the total around 8k ft.