Page 7 of 190 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    I have yet to hit LT this year, but no can do tomorrow. Have fun.

That webcam does indeed looking promising.

Last edited by RootSkier; 01-07-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskier View Post
    lost trail is reporting 20" since monday and still snowing. check out the snotel. temps aren't too warm.
    http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/sn...ays=7&state=MT

and if you don't believe me, check out the web cam here.
    http://rwis.mdt.mt.gov/scanweb/losttrail.shtml

so i know i won't be to work in the morning. who's with me? rootskier, have you skied LT yet this year. time to get back on that horse. i'll prob leave @ 2-3pm to make an appearance at the shop.
    barring any unforseen sheeat, i'll be heading down there early in the am. i'll be knuckle dragging and my buddy will be on teles.

lost trail is reporting 20" since monday and still snowing. check out the snotel. temps aren't too warm.
    http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/nwcc/sn...ays=7&state=MT

and if you don't believe me, check out the web cam here.
    http://rwis.mdt.mt.gov/scanweb/losttrail.shtml

so i know i won't be to work in the morning. who's with me? rootskier, have you skied LT yet this year. time to get back on that horse. i'll prob leave @ 2-3pm to make an appearance at the shop.
    I'll be heading down to Lost Trail tomorrow I think... Snowbowl today was too depressing and if it isn't raining there then why the hell not.

Chair 4 will be open right? I want some Hollywood bowl action, I can lap that place all day.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanthebold View Post
    I'll be heading down to Lost Trail tomorrow I think... Snowbowl today was too depressing and if it isn't raining there then why the hell not.

Chair 4 will be open right? I want some Hollywood bowl action, I can lap that place all day.
    lift on saddle mountain will be open, as will 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Icelantic will be at Montana Snowbowl on Tuesday, January 13th.
    Damn, I will be out of town. I have been itching to demo some shamans. Maybe next season.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Hopefully today will leave many with the impression that Snowbowl is done for the season, and it will be raining from here on out.

I mean, if there isn't blower, the place isn't worth skiing.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Fuck. 31" at LT and I can't go. Fuck.

Fuck rain at the Bowl.

I want to see some pics of you guys going huge in the Hollywood Bowl!

HB is probably closed....not that that will keep anyone out. LT really really really needs to get some patrollers who can fling some bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Fuck. 31" at LT and I can't go. Fuck.

Fuck rain at the Bowl.
    it was decent today at LT. bottomless, but very heavy snow. it will definitely help build the base though. puked the whole time we were there, and was still coming down hard when we left at 230.

typical shit day at LT. they let 30"+ build up over the week (LT is closed Mon-Wed) and barely groomed the slopes. the parking lot was empty, so i didn't know where to park. the lift lines were empty so i didn't have anyone's ear to talk off.

oh and it nuked all day. so much that when i was done brushing off my car, it was covered again. so mad.

in all (non)seriousness, it was epsick. the report was accurate. hollywood bowl was closed but the cliff area skiers left of liftline was the tits. everything got sent. i dropped so many rocks, pillows, double stagers into fluff. i didn't find the snow to be heavy. it wasn't light, but i actually really liked it. you got covered riding the chairs. 32 degrees at the base when i left and snowing hard. i would not be surprised if they get another foot overnight. top 3 day at lost trail for me. LT got slayed. i didn't see any mags. i had a black cloudveil coat, black bern helmet, black/white checkered poles, and moment rubies/lightning boards.

p.s. snowbowl does indeed suck. it never snows and no one should go there ever (that one's for you rasputin).
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

just gettin' her ready for me!
    I'll be at LT 1/29 & 30
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

p.s. snowbowl does indeed suck. it never snows and no one should go there ever (that one's for you rasputin).
    Word! It rained at the Bowl, which means that there couldn't have been any snow, and that the skiing is the worst in the world, so stay away tomorrow.

Everyone should go to LT, it's the only place worth skiing on this side of the state.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

you think this warm weather has solidified any of that sugar shit at the base?

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyStyle View Post
    you think this warm weather has solidified any of that sugar shit at the base?
    This question came up tonight at the bar. The consensus was, not yet. Give it time to percolate and sublimate, let it bake.

Check here for updates.

Um, it was largely favorable, yet variable, today.

Yesterday was bizarre. Awesome creaminess for the top 7/8 but the bottom 1/8 was the most heinous chickenheaded frozen grabby rainfucked gnar I've ever seen. I seriously sat down and almost shed a tear at the top of the bowl outrun. Then I did it all over again, because the bowls were so smooth and buff.

Pray for snow, because the bowl is fucked up.

p.s. mtskier, sounds dank. Wish I could have been there...maybe no one saw you because you have a completely different outfit/skis on every day.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 01-10-2009 at 10:49 AM.

The lower mountain is ouch!

It was nuking when I left today. It built slowly from light snow to heavy snow over two hours or so. I don't know if it held up though, I left just after two. Tomorrow may be a sleeper. More snow is coming soon.

Any conditions update from today? The forecast looks ...... warm, and wet.

Today the bowl was good skiing. The snowpack changed from Sunday, the lower mountain was much better snow quality. There was a sandy loosness to the snow all over the mountain. It was pretty cold too, the snow wasn't melting.

So would any of you Montana mags care to show a mtn-deprived east-coaster around one of your home mountains next week? I'm heading out to Red Mtn. tomorrow to meet up w/ Rusty and some others, but have all next week to go pretty much wherever I want to. I've never been to Montana, and have some relatives in Missoula that has offered up a spare bed, so I'm thinking this would be a good opportunity to take them up on it. I will happily buy beers and burgers for any tour guides.

I'm not married to 'zoula for the whole time, though - I'd love to check out Bridger, etc. And since I currently have two separate return flights, one out of Spokane, and one out of SLC, who knows where I'll ultimately end up.

Muchas gracias.

I will probably be available to show you around the Bowl just about anytime next week. Post here or PM me when you have a better idea of your timing.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I will probably be available to show you around the Bowl just about anytime next week. Post here or PM me when you have a better idea of your timing.
    Awesome, will do.

ill probably be at the bowl. hopefully we'll get some snow for you... not looking too good though

anyone skied the "yurtski" ish?

Im headed up to that "yurtski" in the Swans next week. Anyone been? Im really praying for some snow. I think the actual yurt is around 6000 so it might not be too effected by this warmth. We'll see...