Page 79 of 191 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 4757
    Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Oh boy, a zipline! If it's anything like their downhill bike trails then I can't wait for the forgettable time that will be!
    Beargrass Highway isn't too bad. I wonder why that don't take a page from Whitefish and build some flow trails. Seems like that place does really well in the summer.

This is Snowbowl we're talking about...
    No longer stuck.

Just an uneducated guess.

You know what's awesome? Having creaky on ignore.
    you know what's even more awesome? having a healthy self-image and the resultant ability to laugh at yourself --and-- be humble!

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    a man's gotta know his audience, and work at their level
    That's your idea of a zinger, croaky? I'm afraid your junior-high level writing skills have failed you once again.

Now be a good brobrah and post up some of that GoPro footage of you slaying the bumpy cat track. It's a black diamond, man!

Found this via some dumb article linked from bayern's facebook page, kind of funny:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	euro_bowl.png 
Views:	209 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	154482

May 16th, Eagle Peak in the Northern Bitterroots...

Lots of Lady Bugs on top:

Perfect corn for the ski down:

Me with Ward peak in the background:

Me with Hub lake below:

Waterfall:

Skied to the road:

May 17th Southern couloir of Gray Wolf...

Nothing like parking at 4100 ft and hiking through lots of deadfall to get to the snow:

Day old griz tracks:

The view was worth it:

The chute behind Adrian dropping from St. Mary's ridge looks awesome:

The goal comes into view... It was getting warm fast. Adrian put down a solid skin track to the large rock at the bottom of the couloir. Noah and Adrian stayed on the rock and I booted to the summit ridge. I booted up a snow sluff trough, but had to jump out of the way a few times to avoid point release avalanches.:

View of Gray Wolf summit from the top of the couloir...the corn bomb had already gone off, so no time to bag the summit:

I felt I could reasonable avoid the point release sluff, but near the top I noticed the huge cornice on my left and decided to make double time to the top. They spooked me at first, but didn't look that bad from the top.

Ski down the couloir involved lots of sluff management. I ski cut the top and it all slid. Surface exposed by the slide skied really well. Noah and Adrian stayed on the large rock and the wet avalanche went around them.

Noah making turns:

Me back on the ridge:

Redneck fun May 18th...
    Balls deep in Deep Crick:

Don't think that one is legal in CA:

Had to catch the airplane in Spokane at 4 on the 19th, so did a couple laps at the Bowl...
    6" of new wet smooth snow sure is fun:

A little airy at click in:

Skiing Butler Creek:

Way to get 'er done 406!

"redneck fun" in a fucking Land Rover. you All Hat No Cattle city fucks are amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's your idea of a zinger, croaky? I'm afraid your junior-high level writing skills have failed you once again.

Now be a good brobrah and post up some of that GoPro footage of you slaying the bumpy cat track. It's a black diamond, man!
    keep trying to read my mind, little girl. yeah, when I type a comment, my first go-to Q before hitting POST is "will some fucktard who calls herself yeahman find my post a zinger."

keep trying to read my mind, little girl. yeah, when I type a comment, my first go-to Q before hitting POST is "will some fucktard who calls herself yeahman find my post a zinger."
    Oh hey, look who's back, it's croaky. You know, croaky, I keep waiting for you to exceed the pathetic desperation of your "I've had plenty of good days up there" post, but so far it's just not happening. Will you keep trying, though? You can do it bro.

Just put him on ignore. It's more relaxing that way.
    Thanks for the local stoke 406.
    Do ladybugs like to breed on top of mountains or something? I remember once, I came to the top of a low peak and at first I was terrified because I thought there was a cloud of wasps or something at the top. Then I realized they were ladybugs and it was awesome.
    No longer stuck.

you know what's even more awesome? having a healthy self-image and the resultant ability to laugh at yourself --and-- be humble!
    obviously not advice taken from your own personal experience!

But keep working at it buddy, you'll get there!
    Last edited by Gripen; 05-30-2014 at 09:50 PM.
    Flying the Bluehouse colors in Western Canada! Let me know if you want some rad skis!!

"He is god of snow; the one called Ullr. Son of Sif, step son of Thor. He is so fierce a bowman and ski-runner that none may contend! He is quite beautiful to look upon and has all the characteristics of a warrior. It is wise to invoke the name of Ullr in duels!"

-The Gylfaginning

Did u ski grey wolf In a daytrip????

Thanx for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Gripen View Post
    obviously not advice taken from your own personal experience!

But keep working at it buddy, you'll get there!
    keep shreddin' the dumpster-parts Bluehouse shitstix, shitstain! you are almost as good at pretending to know someone you don't know as the other eedjit fucktard Zootown I'M A MAGGOT ON TGR BITCH! nimrods.

or maybe just take King Stuckie's advice. he's the town genius. everyone comes to him for info because, as a Westchester County native who can barely ski or ride a bike, he's an expert on TGR.

I don't remember seeing you or Stuckie up at Lolo Peak yesterday, probably that's because you were busy polishing your TGR Profiles with nursery-school ...uh... "putdowns."

Oh hey, look who's back, it's croaky. You know, croaky, I keep waiting for you to exceed the pathetic desperation of your "I've had plenty of good days up there" post, but so far it's just not happening. Will you keep trying, though? You can do it bro.
    I've seen better comedy from the keyboard of a discarded fetus in the abortion clinic dumpster.

remind me what makes you think I'm "desperate," Dr Freud.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    406 did u ski grey wolf In a daytrip???? Thanx for sharing
    NFW you can do GW in a daytrip, that's unpossible. ask Stuckie, who's tried at least 47 times to fantasize about a day skinning uphill while jerkin' his gherkin to TGR juvenilia.

"Thanks for sharing"? What, you can't muster the "stoke" to go do something unless someone pre-approves its TGR Coolness here?

Wow u sure sound like an asshole
    I'm so very sorry you have become a bitter old grumpy curmudgeon who prolly hasn't gotten laid in years
    Hopefully your real life persona is better then yer internet one or you never will again

Did u ski grey wolf In a daytrip????
    Yep day trip, it would be nice to camp on the ridge prior to traversing to the lakes. Although if lugging in camping stuff, I would like go for the west chute via w st mary's ridge.

Do ladybugs like to breed on top of mountains?
    I think so...grizzly bears go up to eat them I've been told( why McDonald peak is closed ~ june). I tasted one, thinking everything else grizzlies eat tastes good, but lady bugs do not taste good.
    http://www.summitpost.org/exploring-...bugs/723486/p2
    Last edited by 406; 06-01-2014 at 09:41 PM.

Well, now I know more about ladybugs than I ever thought anyone would ever want to know.
    Cheers!
    No longer stuck.

I don't remember seeing you or Stuckie up at Lolo Peak yesterday
    Croaky, let me be the first to congratulate you on slaying the green run of Missoula backcountry. And thanks for sharing.

I am certainly no expert on the subject, but I believe the griz go up to tree line to feast on hatching moths, and not lady bugs, but I 'd love to hear from someone who knows what they are talking about on the subject.

MF (former Missoulian)
    Gravity Junkie

Wow u sure sound like an asshole
    I'm so very sorry you have become a bitter old grumpy curmudgeon who prolly hasn't gotten laid in years
    Hopefully your real life persona is better then yer internet one or you never will again
    nice projection. don't forget to lecture me about the various psychopathologies you have diagnosed as being my core mental health issues... which durable diagnosis you arrived at by ...uh... reading an internet comment.

tell me -- in person, are you the same spineless, know-nothing fucktard you present yourself as being in this thread, or are you an even bigger wussy of a city-slicker wheezer who can't do anything but armchair fantasize about trips via someone else's "stoke"?

you do seem to be struggling with the idea that the internet isn't reality, and you seem afraid of the idea that you're the only one being His True Self here.

Croaky, let me be the first to congratulate you on slaying the green run of Missoula backcountry. And thanks for sharing.
    I've never seen anyone who failed so miserably at projecting a superior image. you're like Will Ferrell or Steve Carell or Fred Armisen, trying so hard and getting absolutely nowhere.

when you finish cleaning your MAGGOT DOMINATION POST THAT CRUSHED CREAKY! orgasm off your keyboard, maybe consider the fact that it's you who can't handle mild difficulty in a ski run?

I don't see where I said LP was MAGGOT CORE ULTIMATE SHREDDER DOMINATING BIG MOUNTAIN AK SPINE RIP ALL-TIME EPIC. can you please block quote my post where I said that?

I've never seen anyone who failed so miserably at projecting a superior image.
    Oooh, sounds like I touched a nerve! A little insecure about our skiing, are we? Sorry about that bro.

I just thought it was funny how you had to stick that Lolo Peak thing into your post--so we all knew that you had been in the backcountry--when in the same post you were trashing people for sharing their trips online, or for "thanking" people for sharing. Surely you can see the contradiction there, right, croaky? Maybe not. That would require a grain of self-awareness.

Now, one thing I'm curious about. How is the internet not reality? I'm sure you've convinced yourself that your online persona is just a game you play with all us "fucktards." But don't you think that your aggression is just buried inside you, and the only place you have the guts to let it out is on the internet? Or, if not, then what's your explanation?

I see you think declaring something automatically verifies its truth.

There's a great future for you in used car sales. Don't tarry.

Since hate almost always stems from insecurity and jealousy I imagine that creaky has some pretty fucked up stuff going on internally. Personally I prefer to celebrate other peoples experiences. The reason we all live here is all the incredible stuff to do outside. Hating on somebody else's experience is just pathetic. Good luck in the beer league tonight (for any that will be there.)

What a great idea: diagnosing hate, insecurity and jealousy while ignoring other possible interpretations of an internet comment. That's truly scientific there, ru-ru. Confirmation bias is the cornerstone of science!

Also, I really like how you appoint yourself both (1) qualified to know exactly what every regional resident has as a motive for living here; and (2) the authority to speak on what that collective sentiment is:

The reason we all live here is all the incredible stuff to do outside.
    Kum-bah-yahs aside, I've encountered a lot of people on the trails, and elsewhere in town and in the region during the past decade, who definitely were bringing a vibe about opposite the positive, sharing, supportive thing you seem to be convinced is the dominant theme.

Maybe that's because you focus on image. Kudos on the Outdoor Lifestyle, bro. I bet your friends back in Cincinnati envy you.
    Last edited by creaky fossil; 06-04-2014 at 03:09 PM.