Page 5 of 190 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    headed up tommorow, the base is set, time for a huck fest.

Friends who have 3000 days under their belt were saying the snow was perfect.
    Well looks like you guys are finally getting it! (At our expense here at Bridger ha ha ha)

Cheers and happy new year fellas, and enjoy that perfect snow while it lasts.... It sure is awesome when it's perfect, eh?

Keep posting these reports, and I'm gonna drive out there and steal some of your pow!
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

Here's a kind of 406ish inspired reenactment of yesterdays action. Pretty sure that will be the scariest moment I will ever experience on a chairlift.

Last edited by FreakofSnow; 01-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

my wife volunteered me and my truck to help move a bunch of shit for the poor needy children of MSO, so I left the Bowl at 12:30 in the middle of yet another FKNA day and then the people donating the shit never showed up.

Please please please let Lavelle be on wind hold the rest of the afternoon.

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
    Last edited by RootSkier; 01-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    Here's a kind of 406ish inspired reenactment of yesterdays action. Pretty sure that will be the scariest moment I will ever experience on a chairlift.
    crazy, good thing the tree didn't knock the cable off the rollers.

fuck fuck fuck fuck is right!

I am at an EMT refresher course all weekend! Its a white out!

Crazy sideways blizzard from the north and clear blue sky to the south right now in town. Pretty wild.

Oh and FOS, sweet drawing. I think I spotted some poo down there.

How does a tree falling on the opposite side make your chair swing? Did the whole tower start swaying? It seems like it would travel up and down the down cable more than cross over to the up side. Let's hear the full story. In any case...glad it was you, not me.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 01-02-2009 at 04:18 PM.

I've been keeping in eye out for your fatty bros Rootski, but I donno anyone else on here who rides the bowl, if anyone sees me in green pants, usually black jacket, rocking out with some czars, slap me upside the head

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    How does a tree falling on the opposite side make your chair swing?
    It had surprisingly little affect on our chair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootskier
    Did the whole tower start swaying?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Rootskier
    It seems like it would travel up and down the down cable more than cross over to the up side.
    It did travel down the down cable, but some of the branches were over the cable, so the chairs going down bashed into it and swung towards the chairs going up (or so I was told by someone riding behind us, we were past the tree by the time the first down chair hit it.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

14" NEW AT THE SUMMIT!! that's the second huge storm at the bowl in a week. how is the road?

LT was very sick yesterday. nuked all day long. they still can't get hollywood bowl open though.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

The Bowl is lookin' good!

This will be a day to remember.

But the only thing I'll remember is how I was sitting at home icing my ACL recon that apparently can't take more than 3 hard days a week (for now).

You best be taking some pictures, its gonna be deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep and smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth!

Last edited by FreakofSnow; 01-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Wow. Blue bird and BLOWER at the Bowl! Woot!

Big crowds tamping it down something fierce.

Gotta go to work now.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Pretty cool to see 15" (updated on Griz) and blue skies. It was good and all..and don't tell anyone, but the previous two days were better. By a long shot.

Plus it was a full on junkshow today.

And mtskier...if they get Hollywood Bowl open anytime this season, it will be a small miracle. With zero bombing capability, how can LT pretend that shit is safe?

I only got three shots before the camera died from cold. BUNK!!!!

And this weak shot of mrs. rootskier at the bottom of Lavelle. Sorry there's not more.

Last edited by RootSkier; 01-03-2009 at 05:20 PM.

So good! First run down griz was one of my top 10 ever. Light fluffy blower pow the whole way. And Bluebird all day!

Awesome shots, man! Last one is baller...I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not sure where that is, other than somewhere near Meadows. Killer.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 01-03-2009 at 05:23 PM.

^^^seconded. please divulge this location so i can practice my lawn dart.
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and admit that I'm not sure where that is, other than somewhere near Meadows. Killer.
    It's Here:

Neither the takeoff nor the landing were quite as good as they looked though.
    Last edited by elesquiador; 10-25-2018 at 12:28 PM.

nice photos guys.

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    How did the landing off the rock by griz treat you?

Quote Originally Posted by elesquiador View Post
    Umm yeah, neither look too good.

Thanks for sharing, though. That's one thing I miss about LT -- good shit to jump off. Stoked to be back at the bowl though...next time let's catch a run together.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    That's the cape dude, short for cape canaveral.

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbiekiller View Post
    Wrong. The picture is Stupid Rock (or Idiot Rock), so named because of the terrible landing zone with a road cut which makes for compression wipeout landings. Cape Canaveral is at the top of Griz Chute, and features a log sloping down, that some like to ride.

I saw a bomb hole beneath the rocks below Pencil Chute, anyone here deserve the credit?

Sweet pics eleskiador, but they obviously can't be from The Bowl, because we never get any good snow here.

Quote Originally Posted by barbiekiller View Post
    Nope. That goes as migrane. Cape canaveral is small hit under griz chair with the lengthwise log under it.

Nice hit on idiot rock but you missed the log in the landing by about two feet. That drop has claimed a couple knees in the past. If there is enough snow I think the way to hit it is over the road, ballsy.

The bowl was sick yesterday but people turned into maniacs. I wached two middle age guys duke it out in front of the bar over a pair of pole while their little kids watched and cried.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

I saw a bomb hole beneath the rocks below Pencil Chute, anyone here deserve the credit?
    That was actually me too. I sort of flailed off that one and the picture isn't that good so I didn't post it. Landing on idiot rock was perfect. I cleared the bushes, the snow was smooth and the road was no problem. I skied out of it. The other drop's landing was not steep enough for the size of the drop though - knocked the wind out of me. The takeoffis weird too - you need to ski in from the side to avoid a rock on top, and you need some speed because the drop is a bit less than vertical. I don't think I'll hit that one again.