Page 53 of 190 FirstFirst ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 4750
    Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    I think the actual suggestion box is the outhouse itself. It's sort of like Snowbowl's answer to Tibetan prayer flags, but instead of casting your prayers to the wind, you cast them onto a pile of mostly frozen shit.

P.S. I am thoroughly enjoying Rasputin's apologetics. Angling for a free hot chocolate is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post

Whatever toasty, I'm sure if you operated a ski area you'd love it if customers tried to use the FS strong-arm you when their suggestions weren't implemented.
    I'd like to think that if I ran a ski area, I'd actually pay attention to suggestions so that my customers didn't feel the need to take the issue to the FS. Even if I didn't want to implement a suggestion, it's easy enough to say "we're not able to make the bowl outrun safer because _______________________."

Good luck with your free hot chocolate.

Brad's was too busy skiing to ride Pat's ass to get shit done at that time, remember.

It was huge opening with 3+ feet over thanksgiving weekend.
    Pat was all fucked up from his motorcycle accident AND I believe one of his crew was killed in a car wreck.

Shit piles up, and so what - the skiing was great. The outrun is always a challenge and leaving it a bump-run for a couple weeks was crappy - but whatever.

Snowbowl management IS ACCESSIBLE - you can talk to the owners, the patrol, and maintenance whenever you want, Unfortunately JS felt like he could talk to some ((((((higher power))))) and now he's just too stubborn to apologize.

I don't really see the big issue, just another SB pissing match where everybody loses.

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    Brad's was too busy skiing to ride Pat's ass to get shit done at that time, remember.

It was huge opening with 3+ feet over thanksgiving weekend.
    Pat was all fucked up from his motorcycle accident AND I believe one of his crew was killed in a car wreck.

Shit piles up, and so what - the skiing was great. The outrun is always a challenge and leaving it a bump-run for a couple weeks was crappy - but whatever.

Snowbowl management IS ACCESSIBLE - you can talk to the owners, the patrol, and maintenance whenever you want, Unfortunately JS felt like he could talk to some ((((((higher power))))) and now he's just too stubborn to apologize.

I don't really see the big issue, just another SB pissing match where everybody loses.
    Yep, that's about the size of it, except Paul died in the car accident the year before.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoe View Post
    I haven't read all this thread but Crud sold me some Gots a few years back and seemed like a pleasant enough fellow. I picked them up from his place and he was shooting straight with me on the condition of the skis, etc...

I think all this crappy snow has got us all on edge. A little powder will heal our souls, eh?
    Glad you dug 'em, but please don't tell the truth about me, too many have their e-egos riding on their poor assumptions and other fantasies!

Meanwhile...

Sylvester = maxi-douche. When was the runout ever easy? It's fucking BD/Most Difficult ON THE MAP and one run down it should convince anyone to be on point when going down it, eh? Other options abound, including taking off the skis and walking down, or sitting down like a little bitch and calling for the Red Coats with White Crosses to give you a toboggan ride so you can get to the bottom and change your shitted drawers.

What a fuckstick. He should go help Tom Maclay realize the Lolo Peak Delusions of Grandeur Luxury Golf Resort.

And...

Yesterday was not bad. Hell, I've never had a bad day at the bowl. Unlike fuckstick Sylvester, who obviously needs a new set of Grampers and a condo at Dear Valet. For penance in the meantime I'd like him to go spend a season skiing Goat at Stowe, bell-to-bell.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'd like to think that if I ran a ski area, I'd actually pay attention to suggestions so that my customers didn't feel the need to take the issue to the FS. Even if I didn't want to implement a suggestion, it's easy enough to say "we're not able to make the bowl outrun safer because _______________________."

Good luck with your free hot chocolate.
    Come on now dude. Just 'cuz you're up there at This Season's Newest Name for That Whitefish Ski Hill With Fast Chairs... what should they do about that HORRIBLE FOG PROBLEM up there? What kind of technology should Jim Nabors spend his Gomer Pyle money on to make the people driving past his house in their Hummers happier?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

P.S. I am thoroughly enjoying Rasputin's apologetics. Angling for a free hot chocolate is my guess.
    No, I just believe the Morris family have a right to run the place as they see fit, and that the people who didn't want to ski bumps claimed it was dangerous, but it was really a matter of convenience.

The "safety issue" argument is bullshit, if you can ski down to the Outrun, you should be able to pick your way 150 yards down a low angle mogul run. The problem is people skiing inappropriately to the terrain they are on, and trying to bomb down the Outrun even though there were bumps. That is a skier responsibility failure.
    I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. -אלוהים אדירים

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Come on now dude. Just 'cuz you're up there at This Season's Newest Name for That Whitefish Ski Hill With Fast Chairs... what should they do about that HORRIBLE FOG PROBLEM up there? What kind of technology should Jim Nabors spend his Gomer Pyle money on to make the people driving past his house in their Hummers happier?
    Whatever. Jim Nabors has the right to spend his money as he sees fit. Who am I to question the decisions of the oligarchy?

(free hot chocolate is 3...2...1...)

Free cocoa, you add the water!

Does Nabors still live in that big house on the road up the hill? I know he used to. I always wondered if anyone ever missed that corner and slid into his house. SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE!

But we NEED TV Mountain runs!

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

But we NEED TV Mountain runs!

Sent from my DROID2
    So what's up with the Droid spamming with every post?

Oh, and what we need is two feet of snow so that TV will be skiable.

I figured I'd leave the mobile app signature on so if I post something more incoherent than normal you'd know why.

And we don't need TV Mountain. We need lifts that don't break down.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    So what's up with the Droid spamming with every post?

Oh, and what we need is two feet of snow so that TV will be skiable.
    Stuckie is Twikki, DROID2 refers to his brain. Here he is with Gary Coleman, waiting in line at Liquid Planet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck_rogers-30_1102984129.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	107223

And we don't need TV Mountain. We need lifts that don't break down.
    More than those guard rails that cost $3million or whatever, so that Richie Rich can poorly drive his $100,000 SUV at 35mph while texting and wanking at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by creaky fossil View Post
    Stuckie is Twikki, DROID2 refers to his brain. Here he is with Gary Coleman, waiting in line at Liquid Planet:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buck_rogers-30_1102984129.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	107223

More than those guard rails that cost $3million or whatever, so that Richie Rich can poorly drive his $100,000 SUV at 35mph while texting and wanking at the same time.
    35! You must be mad!

Sent from my DROID2
    No longer stuck.

It's
    Actually
    Snowing.
    No longer stuck.

meh... it sucked

Well, I've been knocked off my feet sick since Monday, you're all welcome for the snow that fell to spite my absence.

Hope you heal up quick. It was pretty fun yesterday and today.
    No longer stuck.

I was just about to post this.
    Did it move? Mine did.

edit to add:

TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY...A VERY MOIST AND STRONG WESTERLY FLOW
    WILL DEVELOP DURING THIS TIME PERIOD. THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT
    PATTERN FOR BUILDING A MOUNTAIN SNOW PACK. THE CLEARWATERS AND
    BITTERROOTS COULD SEE NEARLY FOUR INCHES OF WATER CONTENT ADDED
    DURING THIS THREE DAY PERIOD
    Last edited by stuckathuntermtn; 01-12-2012 at 09:29 PM.
    No longer stuck.

Fucking government employees just make shit up.

"THIS COULD EASILY LEAD TO FOUR TO SEVEN FEET OF NEW SNOW THROUGH
    THURSDAY...FORECAST CONFIDENCE FOR HEAVY MOUNTAIN SNOW AMOUNTS IS HIGH."

YEAH RIGHT. Four to seven inches is my prediction.

Shit sure has been weird lately. Even I have been thinking each system that misses us looks good as it comes toward us but then it just splits whereas other years similar patterns produce snow for us. (bridger) I have been as optimistic as the government employees at times but we keep getting skunked.

I do think that this next push certainly will hammer the Bitteroot divide and the Seeley Swan. Snowbowl will probly get half the above predicted amount and here on the east side we'll get a good pulse come through at some point midweek. Hopefully the jet stream hangs around for awhile.
    "The skis just popped me up out of the snow and I went screaming down the hill on a high better than any heroin junkie." She Ra

well, gee, that's still 2'
    No longer stuck.

Hopefully this storm pays off. Also is it pretty easy to get a ride up to the bowl if you just show up at the parking lot at the Town Pump? My girl needs the car most of next week, and I'd like to get up there just about every day.

Yeah, no problem hitching from the lot just beyond the gas station.