Page 11 of 190 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    So I rode Lavelle today with a guy who was VERY concerned about how he was getting down. He had never been to the Bowl before and was a little intimidated by the uh...variable conditions. I told him to go down Paradise. I even skied him over to the big trail map and pointed at that and the ND Downhill. I assured him Paradise would be groomed.

Later, I skied Paradise...and it was the most heinous 'groomer' I've ever seen. Large chunks of solid concrete intermixed with with even bigger piles of wet concrete. It was epic. In a horrible sort of way.

That dude probably hates me. A lot.
    that was me! you bastard! Just kidding...I wouldn't feel too bad, what other way could he have gone? Other than the road, which isn't a run.
    Also, I through some sick spreads today. And I invented the Alien Blowjob - a 3/4 spread eagle where you "claim" your nuts with both poles inverted (think antennae).
    I like it. Was it tele?

All tele all the time. I got AT LEAST THREE FEET OF AIR for the first ever named Alien Blowjob coming off the traverse from Griz to Lavelle. It was terminally ill.

It was so blindingly fantastic that FreakOfSnow denies that he witnessed this watershed event, and he was right behind me. I'm sure the truth will come out someday.

Also...if it's snowing in the mountains as hard as it's raining in town...I can definitely go for FOUR FEET OF AIR tomorrow.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 02-25-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danya View Post
    Princess, if you show Rasputin your tits, he may just stop for you...
    Dude that would have been funny like two months ago! Move ON!
    I'm caught in tha grip of tha city...Madness!!

Rasputin is online now Полые тростник на ветру
    Rootski was surely, and entirely, psyched today, as his beloved LaVelle had great snow, so he had no need to venture onto the adult terrain of the bowls, there was still occasionally a hint of crust under the freshies in the bowls, and that just will not do!

root and freak, are you guys still planning on going up to lolo today? i can't decide between lolo and lookout (23").
    Big skis from small companies at Backcountry Freeskier

OH OH, i love you ,that was Great! Cold &wet SlamMing tohgether Just Keep spinning on me awhile Longgerrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

And it got better right up to the end.

The Bowl is back.

edit: Three cars off the road at the same turn towards the bottom. LOLZ.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 02-26-2009 at 04:18 PM.

all the rumors you have heard about lookout pass are true. it sucked. don't go there. i'm uploading my helmet cam as proof.

this might actually be fun on saturday though.

Feb. 28 Up Down Ski Race - Test your endurance with a skin to the top and challenge your agility with a skier cross race to the bottom.
    see you guys at the bowl tomorrow!

Woot, woot!

It was dumping when I left The Bowl less than an hour ago, tomorrow is likely to be one of the best days of the year. I'll be there early.

For the uninitiated, tomorrow's snow phone will be reporting all of today's snow (a solid four inches in the parking lot between 11:30am and 5pm), in addition to what ever falls between closing and when the groomers check it at five or six. So, the report will most certainly be at least six inches.

Dude, for the love of jeebus, delete that shit. It won't be anything special tomorrow.

You're all welcome, I'll be in Bozeman tomorrow delivering books.

Today felt like winter again, deep and fresh. Keep it coming.

bow chicka wow wow

Quote Originally Posted by FreakofSnow View Post
    You're all welcome, I'll be in Bozeman tomorrow delivering books.

Today felt like winter again, deep and fresh. Keep it coming.
    10 new at BB, 15 in the last 24. you really better not be delivering books this morning.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Ben Franklin

whatever you do, don't look at the snowbowl snow report.

i'm actually typing this from my car in the lot. looks like i beat you all to first chair (JK). in all seriousness, the car is warming.
    Last edited by mtskier; 02-27-2009 at 07:23 AM.

seriously... nothing to see on the snowbowl report. Move along.

Well that didn't suck. Except for the compressed edge and ripped pants. But what's a little tomahawking amongst friends?

Could've used about half as many people though. Don't you fools work?

Hope FOS is having a good time at gear stores in Bozeman. At least his wife was gettin' it done.

not too bad at all, and I got a bunch of totally fresh turns at 4:00 today, so tomorrow should still be pretty good.

Sucks about the edge Root - I thought I was doing a pretty good job of uncovering every rock on that hill, but apparently I must have missed a few.

Well that didn't suck. Except for the compressed edge and ripped pants. But what's a little tomahawking amongst friends?

Could've used about half as many people though. Don't you fools work?

Hope FOS is having a good time at gear stores in Bozeman. At least his wife was gettin' it done.
    word. methinks half the town called it in today and headed up. however, i don't think I waited more than 2 minutes for a chair all day. stellar day.

I was really worried seeing the entire park and ride lot full, plus a bus while driving up today, but the crowds were not too much of a hassle. The pow certainly was being tracked out faster than usual, but that isn't even that fast at the Snowbowl rate.

Thanks to whoever took 3 turns down power line and stopped. You set the entire traverse and allowed me to ski almost the entire thing with no tracks giggling like a girl. Yesterday was pretty sick too, and was a lot less crowded. I got more than a few powgasms, especially in the lovely tree chute.

Nice to meet ya mtskier too, and christ rootski, another jacked ski? I've got a uber soft fatty bro 179 pretty blemtastic with one mount if you need it, I've been using it as a shot ski.

the bowl did not disappoint. i took some more helmet cam. it may have to wait until monday though.

always a pleasure riding chairs and skiing with missoula mags. lets do it more often.

Thanks for the offer bryan, I'm good. Splat and zeedashbo have styled me in out in such a manner that I'll be rocking fat bros for a long time to come.

Good skiing with you too, t. No footie till monday? Dang, I was hoping to ski more first tracks blower vicariously through myself.

And fear of a flat planet...you might be the only person posting in this thread I haven't met. I'm rocking mismatched bros, one yellow one blue, a veritable "fucking maggot billboard" as FOS so eloquently put it. Say hi sometime. You can call me Jesse instead of rootskier if you see me. The whole "change for a nickel" thing was freaking some other friends of mine out the other day.
    Last edited by RootSkier; 02-27-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks for the offer bryan, I'm good. Splat and zeedashbo have styled me in out in such a manner that I'll be rocking fat bros for a long time to come.

Good skiing with you too, t. No footie till monday? Dang, I was hoping to ski more first tracks blower vicariously through myself.

And fear of a flat planet...you might be the only person posting in this thread I haven't met. I'm rocking mismatched bros, one yellow one blue, a veritable "fucking maggot billboard" as FOS so eloquently put it. Say hi sometime. You can call me Jesse instead of rootskier if you see me. The whole "change for a nickel" thing was freaking some other friends of mine out the other day.
    cool will do. i'm usually knuckledragging on a black Lib Tech, black brainbucket, black pants, blue OR shell. Usually.

The mountain was greatness, and got hammered severely. I found even the more obscure stashes schralped without mercy; tomorrow will be sloppy seconds.

It was in my top 2 days this season (out of 64 there, so far).

0. Woot.
    Last edited by Rasputin; 02-28-2009 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    It was in my top 2 days this season (out of 64 there, so far).
    Really? I would rank it #4 for the year so far. Either way, good shit.

So I hope you all enjoyed the snow while I was gone. Just buy me a beer and we will call it even.