Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: WHY PBR?

VC is offline Calmer then you are Dude
    Quote Originally Posted by bfr View Post

So here's the question, what is it when you order, "PBR" or "Pabst"?
    Maybe they had the gold can, Pabst Genuine Draft

pbr gives me wet farts - i prefer oly or ranier, although pbr 40's are the shit. can only find them in WY though...

I generally only buy rainier when back home in AK, and I usually refer to it as a fine ran-yay. If Olympia's secret ingredient is "the water", then Rainier's might be formaldehyde .

I've been staying with my parents for the past few weeks as I'm in the transitional period of moving back out west. Tuesday night is $1.00 16oz. drafts of PBR at a bar downtown. This has been nice. Can't wait for tonight. Tomorrow morning on the other hand.......

I love dollar beers. More and more bars in portland are offering pounders of PBR, Hamms and the like for usually around 2 bucks... nice way to go out and keep it cheap.

If I am in the mood to enjoy an economy domestic beer, I drink a PBR. Find me a better one and I'll switch.
    Montani Semper Liberi

any one ever had a Narragansett?

Quote Originally Posted by Horu View Post
    I generally only buy rainier when back home in AK, and I usually refer to it as a fine ran-yay. If Olympia's secret ingredient is "the water", then Rainier's might be formaldehyde .
    Are you referring to 'standard' Rainier, or the fabled 'green death' ale?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

^ 'standard'. I am unfamiliar with the fabled 'green death' ale, tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by jstorrs View Post
    any one ever had a Narragansett?
    Yup. Towny bars down in Matunuck and Westerly like the Ocean Mist serve the tallboy cans as dollar beers. But PBR they ain't.

I would like to replace the question "Why PBR" with "Why the fuck not PBR". It's like $14 for a 30 pack and that's like half the cost of water- everybody knows water is for pussies and won't get you drunk for shit. Or you could really blow your wad and splurge on some coors light . If you're gonna slum it goddamit, slum the shit out of it. Besides, nothing does it quite like PBR when you punch a keyhole in the side and down it in 4 seconds.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

I like PBR better than any other budget beer. in fact when ice cold after a mountain bike ride it might the best thing ever.

I have the option of yuengling in pa and that almost allways gets the nod.