Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I know I'm a bit late and probably nobody cares by now seeing as it's the end of the season but I picked up a pair of Shoots mounted w/ PX 18s at -1. I was really hesitant at first b/c of the weight and b/c I only weigh about 155 lbs. Skied them a few days in Jackson with decent snow so I did a lot of hiking to find the goods. My back didn't like having these beasts strapped to 'em but it was totally worth it on the way down.

Long story short, I was about 80% convinced that these were the skis I had been looking for. Then I had my first full on powder day on them last Thursday at Vail and they freaking owned it! I've never skied pow and chop that fast! Like everyone else has said, if the tips do dive, they come right back up (but if you're going fast enough, that never happens). I fell in love with the Shoots that day. Thanks Bluehouse! Only gripe is the topsheet... I must have a really narrow stance or something because there is definitely some chipping but whatever. Nothing but an aesthetic qualm.

Once again, thanks Bluehouse!
    "I reckon i'm one of the only people who could ski this line" says my drunk friend

Thanks for the stoke - even if it is late season - love to keep hearing the same reaction to the shoots! They just flat out RIP! They make you a better skier! You are right about the speed - the more of it, the better they get!
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

Skier: 6'2" 210-215 lbs. 39 yrs old
    Mount: boot midsole @ -1cm( Scarpa T1;pin line to heel w/ Hammerheads
    Other skis:198 Volkl G41 w/ BD 02( rid stiff)
    193 Head Monster im103
    193 Nordica Blower w/ HH
    Also skied and liked: 191 Movement Goliath w/ HH
    196 Lhasa Pow Carbon w/ HH
    Initial impressions:cool graphic, burly(heavy)
    Review: First time on any sort of rockered ski. Let me tell you I am sold on rocker. First day out on them was an epic sort of day(16+") and right out of the gate these beasts just slayed it, absolutely no learning curve. Needless to say these things slay powder( haven't dug a tip yet). In crud/chopped pow they really shine, just bust right through everything. The faster you go, the more stable they become, all with no tip that is flapping around. Wind buff/board is turned into the softest groomer you've ever been on. Very surprised that they actually handled the bumps quite well. I was also very pleased to find out that they also are very nimble in the trees, they will make every radius of turn and also slarve very good. They also slice and dice groomers very well (as long as it's not icy!) and once again-no tip flap.
    Overall impressions: If you couldn't already tell, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE BOARDS! And I am totally sold on rocker(would like to try other shapes). I think w/ tip rocker and camber under foot makes for a very versatile resort ski. GREAT JOB BLUEHOUSE! Do not change a thing w/ the Shoots, other than maybe the chippy topsheets. P.S. I have no affiliation with Bluehouse, but I have had to deal with them(Jared) a couple times and I'll tell you these guys are top notch! Very stoked on these boards!