Recommend me some ski pole glue

Alright, here's the situation:

I've got a carbon ski pole. It has a plastic sheath at the basket end. The basket press fits onto a receiving ring on that sheath.

The sheath split, allowing it to widen and slide further up the shaft. That allowed the basket to ride up. Not good. I've removed the sheath and want to reinstall it. I need to glue it in place at the right height on the shaft so the tip has the right exposure under the basket. I'm gluing a plastic sheath to a painted carbon shaft. What glue to I use?

See photo of similar sheath/basket combo below.

Looking forward to the glue suggestions (less so to the perfectly tee'd up double entendres, which I supposed could not be avoided given the topic.)

Name:  basket sheath.png
Views: 184
Size:  311.2 KB

I think you need to replace it, what poles are they ?

I can still get the tips for the BD flick lock
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I think it shouldn't matter much because the glued surface will be large relative to the force exerted on it. And they're just poles. If I'm wrong, maybe a hose clamp or two on the sheath to close the split?

Always shoe goo. Get a tube. You’ll be amazed how much you reach for it for all kinds of repairs.

But maybe rough up the shaft and inside of the sleeve a bit with some heavy grit paper, thin layer of goo. Tape tightly around the outside and in 24 hours remove the tape and your sleeve will be permanently affixed there.

I may get a shoe goo tattoo I’m such a huge fan. Always have a tube in the work bench