The Google redirect virus: Quick Solution

FYI...This nasty trojan redirects searches in google, yahoo, and msn to unwanted advertisements. Symptoms include: slow internet searching, larger text fonts in googe, and redirects to go.google, go.yahoo, and go.msn. In addition, you are unable to to download anti-spyware.

For anyone who will be getting this virus...
    Spare yourself the 4-8 hours of painful websearches and hijack log postings and do this:

(Excerpt from 'Mike' at http://www.precisesecurity.com/blogs...oogle-goyahoo-)

redirects/#comment-61406

heres what i found

Go to Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > View > Show Hidden Devices.

Scroll down to “Non-plug and Play Drivers” and click the plus icon to open those drivers.

Then search for “TDSSserv.sys”

Right click on it, and select “Disable”

Note: If you select Uninstall, it will install itself again when you reboot the system, so DON’T select Uninstall.

Restart your pc.

You can now update your Antirus/Malware/Rootkit softwares and the go.google rubbish will stop.

Its now up to the Anti-Virus/Malware/Spyware companies to make an effort to stop this, and not rely on simple basic home PC user’s like myself to save the world

In simple terms, TDSSserv.sys is a service/server redirecting all software updates to 127.0.0.1 (your own computer) so they won’t update.
    Took 5 minutes to fix (after a few hours of ). In addition, you might want to reset your system restore points.
    “I mean god damn, who could believe that shit.” Greg Noll, Riding Giants

It stops the PC from running standard removal tools also until this rouge device driver is nuked. They are getting trickier on this every time the software catches up with their nasty infections.