Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Do you guys want to debate Macs Vs PCs?

oh jesus fucking christ....birdman....im sorry...im sorry to you all.....I wasnt refering to the actual piece being ironic....it was sarcastic....I was just saying a number of people here would miss Irony...thats all......invest in a sense of humor....happy thanksgiving....peace!

symms,
    you got me to look at your expn blog and your website. post whore you are.... like the tall t stretch at the start of the jibberish movie, did tgr create a monster by trying to make fun of the tall T fad five years too late?

10 reasons why skiing is cooler than snowboarding was lame, you know you could have made fun of skiing more, which i think was the point. still you have the only skiing blog/news on espn.com so good on you.

cheers!

I am a douchebag. You got me there. When you said that the only real advantage of skiing is that "snowboards can only go downhill," I thought to myself, "this guy must ski at Alta." But no, you're from Portland, a city that is about twice as "far from mountains" as Salt Lake City, which is where I'm from.

To further use your own parlance, "it's kinda amusing" that some of the people on the TGR forums (I'm talking about you now) are "douchebags" who have bong-ripped away any capacity to appreciate irony that they might have previously had.
    Whoa man take it easy. I wasn't referring to you, or your location, or whatever. I had to scroll back up to find what you even said, and after doing so still didn't really understand your response. If there's some sarcasm or irony lost in internet translation, sorry. I was referring to people (ESPN, non-skiers in LA, NY, etc) who still think snowboarding is what all the cool kids do, and that there is still this heated rivalry between cool snowbarding teenagers and old fartbag rich skiers. As you are in Utah, obviously this does not apply to you. Thanks for the geography lesson though.

Edit: From other posts I have gathered that you are the editor, which was not obvious. I also did not take proper time to reflect on the possible irony present in your writing. Next time I will do further research and reflection while wasting time on the internet while at work. As such, clearly I was talking about people that actually believe that, not a blogging sarcastic skier from Utah. That's all.
    Last edited by powski3; 11-26-2008 at 01:46 PM.

Best and funniest writer in Skiing Today. The photos are fucking awesome.
    Someone should give this guy an entire magazine.

And the Jeremy Jones thing is killer too.

Skiing is so much cooler than snowboarding..
    Last edited by Bud Green; 11-26-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    [X] Grind on the mind.

Simmers, like my new signature? Giving you full credit of course.
    "You'd have to have a heart of stone to not crack a smile while bobbing your head and wiggling your hips that much."
    -SIMMERS

"symmer down y'all". Great tag
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

wow. i thought the people that frequent ns were the most non-funny and fastidious yet ignorant complainers on the internet. well my tgr friends, congratulations, you have leap-frogged them right into first place! [applause]

Good article, I think the rivalry needs to be revived.

Chaos_69 Guest
    I'm sick of people saying that the 'snowboarder vs. skier' fued is over. Says who bitch? It's over when I say it's over, and I long as I continue to look at snowboarders and want to choke every last fuckin' one of em' it ain't over.

you gotta come up with better reasons why skiing is better cause those reason are, like totally, super ghey. i mean come on - the elite ski, and then you show ah-nold and paris hilton? paris? really? prince charles was your only saving grace, so 1-out-3 ain't bad. and those other examples are weak sauce man...weak. sauce.

i heard from this girls-cousins-nephews-roommate that only skiers with little dicks care about this rivalry.

i have a good reason why snowboarding is better then skiing - powder.
    Last edited by deuce; 11-27-2008 at 12:12 AM.
    1 WIDE Ski
    'and don't worry its clean, because I never get laid anyways.' - leroy jenkins

Snowboarders should stay in the playground where they belong. You can't even walk with one of those silly toys strapped to your feet.

Lame.

Quote Originally Posted by powski3 View Post
    Whoa man take it easy. I wasn't referring to you, or your location, or whatever. I had to scroll back up to find what you even said, and after doing so still didn't really understand your response. If there's some sarcasm or irony lost in internet translation, sorry. I was referring to people (ESPN, non-skiers in LA, NY, etc) who still think snowboarding is what all the cool kids do, and that there is still this heated rivalry between cool snowbarding teenagers and old fartbag rich skiers. As you are in Utah, obviously this does not apply to you. Thanks for the geography lesson though.

Edit: From other posts I have gathered that you are the editor, which was not obvious. I also did not take proper time to reflect on the possible irony present in your writing. Next time I will do further research and reflection while wasting time on the internet while at work. As such, clearly I was talking about people that actually believe that, not a blogging sarcastic skier from Utah. That's all.
    word upp.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    Midget and Gunder representing.
    Good advice for the rest -
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Either is better than neither, eh?
    It's hard to wag your tail when it is tucked between your legs.

Quote Originally Posted by outabounds View Post
    Snowboarders should stay in the playground where they belong. You can't even walk with one of those silly toys strapped to your feet.

Lame.

and thats where splitboarding comes in

Is there any point to this thread other than the apparent age limit of 15.

Chaos_69 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Is there any point to this thread other than the apparent age limit of 15.
    You're only 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Green View Post

Skiing is so much cooler than snowboarding..
    Bud - you should have posted a photo of yourself to really drive the point home.

What's the hardest thing about snowboarding?

I didn't find the article funny, but this thread is getting good...need Simmers to come in with another caffeine fueled rant...I guess living in SLC qualifies you in some way as having more validity to your statements....rock on

195 Lab Swallowtail
    186 Moment Donner Party
    182 Moment Reno Freebird
    180 Moment Tahoe

I'm gonna live forever if the good die young

Life is a suicide mission

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    ..Good advice for the rest -
    My tail wags when you post

The rest of the thread is flush trigger

Yeah, skis are waaay better in moguls. That's why skiing is better.
    "Not so loud, huh kid? I was up all night doing a crossword puzzle."

Not just on snow!!!!