Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ski Industry Scum Bags w/ no game

It has come to my attention (over the past year) that the ranks of the Ski Industry/Snowboard Industry/Magazine "editors"/2nd rate employees of movie production companies...is filled with scum bags.

Ex. 1
    I go to school at UVM in Burlington, VT. Lots of companies and reps up there. Unfortunetly they are all losers. They try and woo college girls with their "Rep" titles, give them free stuff and act like they are trying to be cool and friendly, when in return what they really want is ass. I know girls that have fallen for the trap, its basically prostitution. They are scum bags.

Ex 2.
    I have a friend (female of course) who went to Cali on vaca and ended up partying with the Transworld Surf guys. One of the "Photo Editors" of the mag starts hitting on this girl and saying how awesome she is blah blah. Theres a 10 year age difference and this girls got a boyfriend. She just wanted to toy with him, but supposedly all the other employees of the mag were saying how bad this guy wanted a gf and he just really wanted her. He's a scum bag.

Ex 3.
    Another female friend knows one of the editors for one of the big ski movie companies (not gonna name it, but its not TGR). He gives her free shit and then says how he wants to date this girl cause shes a cool skier chick. Scum bag? Yes.

Ex 4.
    This one pisses me off the most because its personal to some extent. My sis goes to CU Boulder. Freeskier Mag is based out of Boulder. She ends up meeting one of the top editors ( some of you can figure out who, not Fayfield) and he starts giving her free shit, getting her into ski industry events etc. She's all psyched cause shes meeting all these skiers etc. Then said editor wanted to do an article on "How to Date a Skier Chick" featuring my sis. She quickly realizes what he's trying to do. He then starts acting sketch and wants to date her (she has a bf and not to mention another large age difference). He's top on my scum bag list.

Its seems to me that there is a reaccuring pattern here. Ski Industry rep/editor/whatever thinks he can use his "status" to get girls and act cool. My question is why do they need to go after way younger girls who don't know right away that they are being manipulated. I find that most of the reps etc are guys who can't be cool or comfortable with themselves in the industry using their skills (whether it be surfing, skiing or snowboarding) and their only other avenue for remaining "cool" within the sport is to become a rep or a magazine bum or whatever. These guys are obviously not secure with themselves and always seem to want to date young girls cause they can't do any better. The real women can probably see right through their lame ass game and weak attempts at being an "industry person"

To make up for it they give girls all the free shit they can to make up for their extreme lack of game.

This is more of a rant than anything but I was wondering if anyone else has seen this pattern emerging?

And there will be no pics of my sis!!
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

that story about your sister stinks, but this kind of thing isn't limited to any particular industry or whatever. to make a long commentary short, most people are selfish.

And this is unique to the ski industry?
    Try Nascar.
    Neither should you find fault with any one. Control your mind, speech and body, and never be perturbed.

News Flash: Dudes Are Horny!

Men are pigs. You haven't learned that yet? Stop watching "Lifetime" already..
    http://wejosephson.home.mindspring.com/manshow.jpg

Question

Whats the issue here?

Guy attempts to hit ass, shocker!

You only just figured this out?

People are asses. This surprises you because... ?

Me, for example: SHOW US PICS OF YOUR SISTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Am I magazine scum?

Where's KD when you need him?
    ROBOTS ARE EATING MY FACE.

Yes

Dood, I telemark 'cause the chicks dig it. Does that make me a scumbag?

What the industry really needs is more female editors/reps/scumbags. Imagine how cool it'd be if someone with connections gave you free stuff, got you invited to gigs and wanted to shag you as well. Dang.

Most girls who doesn't suspect a guys motives the slightest bit when he gives her free shit etc. is a tiny bit naive I think. IMO it's not that much different from the whole buy-the-girl-drinks thing going on at all bars etc.

Just my 2euros though....

I think equal blame can be laid on the girls who actually fall for the stupid shit we pull. There is a reason we call them 'Pro-Ho's' mang. And I'm not calling out you or your sister. I'm just saying that girls I've actually dated (i.e. longer than an evening in the stabbin cabin) could give a shit who my sponsors are.

Originally posted by Telepath
    What the industry really needs is more female editors/reps/scumbags. Imagine how cool it'd be if someone with connections gave you free stuff, got you invited to gigs and wanted to shag you as well. Dang.

WANTED: Hot skier boys to test & provide feedback on '05 gear, accessories & men's ski clothing, in exchange for.....

oh the power i could have!

Most girls who doesn't suspect a guys motives the slightest bit when he gives her free shit etc. is a tiny bit naive I think. IMO it's not that much different from the whole buy-the-girl-drinks thing going on at all bars etc.
    exactly. most girls know exactly what they're getting out of guys who pull shit like that. we're just smart enough not to let on. players get played all the time
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

DISCLAIMER: this is a rant

And this is unique to the ski industry?
    Try Nascar.
    I referred to ski/snowboard/surf industry for example, obviously its not limited to those sports.

In response to the general consensus I realize everyones out to get ass (me included). Maybe I didn't get it across enough, but the examples I used above and the situations I've witnessed are referring to the character of these people. I've dealt with some of these ass hole reps since I'm the prez of the ski and snowboard club at school and theres some that are cool, down to earth, don't have the "cooler than you attitude," and are totally about helping you out. The others I were referring to are two faced, talking out of their ass shit heads who are not there to help you (the ski and snowboard club) and don't give a rats ass about helping people out or promoting the sport (any sport) in a positive light. Its these people that need to drop the "I'm a rep, I'm in the industry and I no longer have a responsibilty to anyone" attitude and grow up. I guess my rant above was really about my problem with the attitude of these people, I just portrayed it through those examples.

My aim wasn't to offend any pro skiers or magazine maggots (I forgot to put a disclaimer that I wasn't bashing Pow Mag editors ).

btw-my examples should have shown the point that these guys were going after young girls because they weren't getting ass otherwise. Ass hole attitude, no ass, a coincidence I think not.

edit- everyone is talking about how we need to get more girls in the sport. In the case of my sister, and on topic with what Meg posted way back when about whether to show skin or not for a mag, the guys I've seen promise girls recognition or exposure...unfortunetly in a lot of those cases strings are attached. This is not a way to positively get more girls invovled in the sport.
    Last edited by snowrider; 07-25-2004 at 03:31 PM.
    "Stoke your own fire or burn out like the rest"

Originally posted by powderwhore
    Whats the issue here?

And older guys still want to hit college aged ass. Again...shocker!

Originally posted by powderwhore

I've got 2 words for you about scumbags...Gary Nate

Warren Miller films. Old dirty bastard. Hits on anything with breasts, including the chicken on the grill...and all he does is talk about who he has filmed, skied with etc. i've heard the same stroy over and over and over. I guess thats why we try and slash him everytime he's on the mountain.

Heres a good one...my riding partner Crow hiked up to get some freshies off of No Name a few years back where Nate was trying to film this 'epic' pow shot. As the skiers dropped in, Crow came out of the woods and started throwing huge rooster tails all the way down the face, in front of the 3 skiers going for the glam shot....eventually riding right in front of the camera and slashing him, throwing snow all over Nate...

That gets him back for hitting on crows 17, at the time, year old niece that was working at a shop when Nate came in one night..."Hey, I liked to film you skiing." "But I don't ski." "Well, lets go back to the office and talk about it."

Snowbasin Scumbag!

Originally posted by Stoysluttie1
    I've got 2 words for you about scumbags...Gary Nate

Warren Miller films. Old dirty bastard. Hits on anything with breasts, including the chicken on the grill...and all he does is talk about who he has filmed, skied with etc. i've heard the same stroy over and over and over. I guess thats why we try and slash him everytime he's on the mountain.

Heres a good one...my riding partner Crow hiked up to get some freshies off of No Name a few years back where Nate was trying to film this 'epic' pow shot. As the skiers dropped in, Crow came out of the woods and started throwing huge rooster tails all the way down the face, in front of the 3 skiers going for the glam shot....eventually riding right in front of the camera and slashing him, throwing snow all over Nate...

That gets him back for hitting on crows 17, at the time, year old niece that was working at a shop when Nate came in one night..."Hey, I liked to film you skiing." "But I don't ski." "Well, lets go back to the office and talk about it."

Snowbasin Scumbag!
    I got the same impression of Gary. I had the misfortune of riding in the gondola with him at Snowbasin and a few of his ancient, rich, ski buddies. He was spraying nonstop about his glamorous life, Warren Miller, name dropping, and hitting on the teenage ticket-checker. I'm just sitting there quietly, wishing I could jump out of the gondy, when he leans in close to me and tells me that someone stole his helmet and that it looks just like mine. He actually inspected my helmet for signs that it was his (where I would have scraped off the massive WARREN MILLER PRODUCTIONS sticker). Couldn't believe he was accusing a total stranger of stealing his shit. I told him that my Dad was in charge of security at the mountain and that maybe he should check with him. Fucker. Judging by the smell of whiskey on his breath, he probably forgot his hemet in the bathroom.

Easy to laugh off, but what a wanker.

In reagards to the original post, if you can get laid by giving out some free stickers and t-shirts, then I say 'get sum'. I'd be amazed if even massive quantities of free Warren Miller beer coozies and knitted hats could get Gary Nate laid.

Last edited by Twoplanker; 07-25-2004 at 04:54 PM.

snowrider, i'm sure that it's rough having a sister. get thee to the three needs for the simpsons happy hour, maybe some beer pong and be glad that your sis (hopefully) didn't get worked over.

Will this backlash throw a bad light on Marmot's passion to nail all the fourteeners in CO?

This thread sucks.

Snowrider, I fuct yer sister while her boyfriend watched and all she got was a maggot summit sticker.

the ski industry is defenetly a shady buisness.
    shut up and ski

Talking

Originally posted by truth
    This thread sucks.
    It did until Splat saved it.
    Originally posted by splat
    Will this backlash throw a bad light on Marmot's passion to nail all the fourteeners in CO?

Originally posted by phUnk
    It did until Splat saved it.
    Agreed, did not read it until after I posted...when will I learn?

I know I'm not holding my breath.