Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Boyne Sixforone, tomorrow... Blue Smith Var. Brim, tan Ageix jacket. Ask for change.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

I got a pair of rock / log skis with tele bindings from sar13, I might try some kick wax on em to see how well they climb. Thanksgiving weekend I saw someone climbing Caberfae's old trails with wide waxless xc skis & 3 pin bindings. Seems like the low angle rolling terrain wouldn't be too hard to climb, and beats postholing.

I don't think I'll get up to Cab again until January. Kyle, we might be up there the weekend of the 24th, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    ... maybe a day trip to Cab on Monday...
    Flat, that might be a possibility for me as well. Not totally sure yet as to whether or not I'm going to hit up Cab tomorrow. NWS is saying the brunt of their snow is going to fall on Friday (3-5") with only 1-2" tonight. I'm thinking that perhaps waiting through the weekend might be a better play, hopefully they get closer to 10" up there by Monday...who knows. If I do head up tomorrow though I'll toss you an email and let you know how it was, and I'll leave some tracks for sure OB...

let's see if this code works....

PUKING RALLY FOR THE MIDWEST!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

Rain and 50F wrecked my friday plans to trip out.

Sat & Sun tripping out to http://www.perfectnorth.com/

I am a passholder and ski 2 - 3 times each week.
    I am there for opening and cut out at 1PM or so.
    No park action 4 me. Trees OK!
    Wearing Marmot jacket w/gray body/navy sleeves, black pants, silver helmet, and skiing bright orange Dynastar 8000's.
    when not on the snow what else do i do...

http://www.jatho-craftsman.blogspot.com/

I JUST got back from Marquette Mountain. I decided to take a 9:30am lunchbreak. I arrived at the hill and got on the very first chair of the day. I skied in 14" of untouched, light powder for an hour. Now I'm back at work.

My life does not suck.
    "Shit, I'll choke her while she's cleaning, and I'll do it wearing a helmet cam mounted on a full-face helmet.
    I'll have meatdrink9 do the lighting for the shot. He'll make it artsy as fuck."
    - Phunk

Hit Crystal this afternoon -- 5-6" of powder on top of the base. Vedy vedy nice.
    First day on my 188 Soft Bros -- couldn't be happier with them -- they're like buddah! Had the Northside to myself most of the late morning on untracked hills.

With more snow to the south, Caberfae should be dang near close to Epic tomorrow morning.

More snow in the forecast for Sunday in the Cadillac area. I'd guess Monday will be the money day. Especially if they get the guns off the dark side and open that up. Saturday will surely be good though. Get the Michigan powder while it lasts.

Swiss on Sunday anyone?

You guys are welcome. I'ts like the bloody snow gods follow me. I love it.
    "She loved snow...That was the simple objective, being airborne, up longer, higher, more casually and with more fuckoff elegance than anyone else...Such endeavours require a kind of egotism, a near autistic narrowness. Everything conspires against you, the habits of physics, the impulse to flee and you're weighted down by every dollop of commonsense ever dished up. Everyone will tell you your goal is impossible, pointless, stupid, wasteful. This idiot resolve is all you have."
    -Tim Winton

Anyone considering the Christmas Day (1PM to 9PM) 3 for 1 deal at Caberfae?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    After the first three seconds, Corbet's is really pretty average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Malcolm View Post
    I mean, it's not your fault. They say talent skips a generation.
    But hey, I'm sure your kids will be sharp as tacks.

Caberfae is going to suck on Monday...you guys should probably consider going to Crystal or places further north...It might look really snowy in Cadillac, but just keep driving, there's more further north....
    Well we really came up with jong because it was becoming work to call all the johnny-come-lately whiny twats like yourself ball-licking, dick-shitting, butthole-surfing, manyon-sniffing, fotch-fanagling, duck butter spreading, sheep fucking, whiny, pissant, entitled, PMSing, baby dicked, pizza-frenchfrying, desk jockeying flacid excuses for misguided missles of butthurt specifically. That and JONG is just fun to say.
    the-one-track-mind

the-one-track-mind

Quote Originally Posted by yooper View Post
    I JUST got back from Marquette Mountain. I decided to take a 9:30am lunchbreak. I arrived at the hill and got on the very first chair of the day. I skied in 14" of untouched, light powder for an hour. Now I'm back at work.

My life does not suck.
    I hate you. I left Marquette after the rain to 8 degree freeze. Now I regret it.

Amazing what a strong start to the season does for a midwest thread, eh?

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY! [/truck pull announcer voice]
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

If the place my class is at is still in the dark from the ice storm on Monday, I'll be at Cab. Sadly, good snow days is not an excused absence, and I'll get kicked out of class for any more unexcused ones this semester.

Yeah the ice here in the Fort Blows....Still some 70,000 without power and windchills forecasted below zero. We are lucky to have power, but many aren't and they are saying Thursday now before everyone is restored. Hope you make it North on Monday Nate, If I didn't have to huge business meetings Monday and Tuesday, I would take the trip north with you.

Heading to Western Wisconsin Next Wednesday. Will be there through the 28th. Can anyone give me a Beta on Cascade or Devils Head as we will be staying in Tomah.

Bohemia (Fri & Sat) was pretty rad. 12-14" on (actually) a pretty fair base (for them at least). Only saw one guy with a gaping catastrophic core-shot. Only a few whimpy little scrapes on my Praxiis, and I didn't cut 'em no slack. 'Nother storm comming.

^^^ I'd heard waist deep, but not from any reliable source....

Quote Originally Posted by focus View Post
    ^^^ I'd heard waist deep, but not from any reliable source....
    I'm not very reliable either, but it probably was that deep in areas. When I said 12-14, I meant on the cut runs. Some parts of the backside like Pooping Vampire, Pissed-Off Mummy, Douchebag Chute and that short steep glade between those two cut runs off to the west were considerably deeper. I also poached Your Anus in the Outer Limits and that was pretty deep. There were a ton of Houghton guys there.

Here's a photo from the front lift where everyone was skiing, you be the judge:(This was from the chair - about 25-30 feet up. For some reason it looks like my skis are only 5 feet off the ground.)
    Last edited by Jer; 12-21-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Nice start to the season....

Now, if it would start puking like it's supposed to. Winter Storm Warnings everywhere you go and the only thing coming down right now is sunshine.

Jer- Glad to hear Bohemia was "on" for opening day...Still wish I had the time and money to get up there this week, but you know what they say about wishing...

Any way, Caberfae should be no fun at all tomorrow, people should probably just stay home and off the roads...its gonna be really really cold, and they got a ton of snow so you probably should just stay home and off the hill....
    the-one-track-mind

I just saw the current pictures from Cab's website. Tomorrow will certainly be something to look forward to.

Hopefully their note on not grooming some of the slopes will become regular policy.

Quote Originally Posted by emtnate View Post
    Hopefully their note on not grooming some of the slopes will become regular policy.
    Cheers to that, they should adopt the policy that if its a black run, it doesn't get groomed on days of 6" or more....just a thought...maybe I should post that on the guest blog. Are you gonna be up there tomorrow? I know FNS plans on being there and I'm probably going to meet up with him at some point for some slackcountry laps. Black coat, brown pants, lib-tech board.

Holler MWHC in the lift line...
    the-one-track-mind

Still no call from my instructor about class being canceled. I&M is claiming that everyone in the town the class is held will have power back by midnight, so far I'm out of luck. There will be more days. It's better to deal with this for one more season and finish my eduction anyways.

Have fun up there everyone. It'll be cold and people will stay away.

MWHC? Back in my show-promoting days it was all about the midwest hardcore. Fun times.

ahh yes, the old punk rock days...I remember those....good times...and yeah MWHC stands for Midwest Hardcore, but I was merely paying homage to Craig Kelly and Mike Ranquet who (along with others) made up the MBHC (Mount Baker Hardcore)...a little bit of a joke, but in some ways not so much...
    the-one-track-mind

that pic reminds me of seein shows at 1st ave/7th st in mpls back in the day...

wind absolutely nukin all day here in the mitten cap city, the vinyl windows in my yr2000 vintage home just suck, so glad we bought a home and get to sell it by late next summer- after finishin the basement and tiling all the bathrooms I might just get close to what we paid for it
    /end MI crapass suburban building & economy rant...

rallying the fam up to cattletracks tomorrow eve
    helluva broomball game/party tues night if anyone's bored in caddy without plans...
    yeah the fae looks good, actually kinda pumped up to get shreddin...